Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interested in knowing this as well. My previous car did not have lumbar support for passenger and I was specifically looking for cars which have same level of comfort for passengers as it had for drivers. For me this is a dealbreaker and it is really shitty of tesla to make us wait for months and then remove features with 0 notice

I can confirm that the 183xxxx vin that I have has lumbar for the passenger, which i received on May 25th. Perhaps the 199xxx vins have it removed

Apparently someone is missing the lumbar control on the passenger seat.
I'll check when I get home.. Took my old car today as it rained today and didn't want to get the Y dirty.. Old car (2019 Hyundai Kona Electric) in front of the garage..
20210530_194816.jpg

That's good to hear. I like the softer rubber mats that grip, and was worried they'd be too hard and slippery.

The 3D Maxpider set was like $500 for the 9pcs - and a lot of comments said they were a bit slick - so sounds like I picked a winner. :)

My last thing to grab is a sunshade for the roof glass. We're taking the new Y on a long trip to Florida next month and I'm thinking we'd benefit from one. I've read most of them sag - have seen a few where people say they don't - but there are so many different manufacturers I have decision paralyzation.
That’s interesting. I had the 3DMAXPider Kagu on our Model S and thought they were great and offered a nice cushioned feel beneath your feet. Looked like they would be slippery in photos but I did not find them slippery in use.

I used to always get WeatherTech for my truck and past Lexuses but the Tesla/WeatherTech ones leave a gap at the edges, whereas the 3DMax ones are tight right up to the edges. I looked around to see what else is available but went back to the 3DMax again for the Y.

I did consider those as well, but heard some not so great things about the earlier version - and quite frankly, Tesla is skimping on so many things lately (removing radar, passenger lumbar, and probably more we don't even know about yet) - so was worried their mats were going to be cheap, too. :)
I bought this sunshade (don't have it yet, or the Y itself actually--haha--but soon enough). The reason I write was to tell you about what one person did. They put a small magnet in the middle to keep the sunshade from sagging. Not sure if it's necessary or not, but seems like a cheap, easy solution.

Small magnet for the sunshade.jpeg

Sure sounds a lot like legal speak which means Tesla can change it and you must like it (any changes).

Most customers would expect that changes should be for the better however and not in the form of a no notice reduction in our car features... also in line with the prices paid AND feature list at time of order, not delivery time.

We will check out that lumbar adjust and if it is not working or missing on either side of the front seats, plan to ask the SC to fix.
I will be emailing my SC to confirm with them as well. I really wanted this car but tesla keeping me in dark about everything so far is really irritating. Delivery dates, no intimation of moving from radar to tesla vision, no status on when tesla vision will be reliable and now removing features with absolutely no intimation…

I bought this sunshade (don't have it yet, or the Y itself actually--haha--but soon enough). The reason I write was to tell you about what one person did. They put a small magnet in the middle to keep the sunshade from sagging. Not sure if it's necessary or not, but seems like a cheap, easy solution.

View attachment 668031

The Tesmanian one says it has '2 self adhesive magnets' now on its V2 - so looks like this is going to be the solution for folks. :)

BTW, that one you linked to had a 20% off coupon - so it's a great deal at 42.77 w/ tax! I think I'll pull the trigger on that and add my own magnet.

Reactions: Mod Y Guy and Soosh
Sure sounds a lot like legal speak which means Tesla can change it and you must like it (any changes).

Most customers would expect that changes should be for the better however and not in the form of a no notice reduction in our car features... also in line with the prices paid AND feature list at time of order, not delivery time.

We will check out that lumbar adjust and if it is not working or missing on either side of the front seats, plan to ask the SC to fix.
Ummm. If it’s really been taken away, The SC is just going to say “no” and they have no idea why it was removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsandhu
The Tesmanian one says it has '2 self adhesive magnets' now on its V2 - so looks like this is going to be the solution for folks. :)

BTW, that one you linked to had a 20% off coupon - so it's a great deal at 42.77 w/ tax! I think I'll pull the trigger on that and add my own magnet.
Where’s the coupon?