Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just coming here to vent about my SA because Tesla Customer Service is severely lacking. Got my VIN this past Sunday and still have yet to get a text about scheduling. (My account does say estimated delivery 09-15 June) Texted the SA and he said just to wait a few days. We have been texting on and off but I had to call the dealership to even find out who my SA was because the first SA I had disappeared after the first day. So anyways I uploaded my updated insurance card to show the VIN. I texted him yesterday to ask if there were any updates, he said my account looked good to go. When I asked what the chances were I could take delivery this weekend (because I really don’t want to pay for another week of a rental car) he gave the generic response of “your account looks fine. No VIN yet. Just gotta wait until you’re matched then we will reach out. Be patient. It typically 5 days before delivery to get a text” so of course I panic and log into my account and screenshot my VIN. Send him the screenshot and he responds “oh you do have a vin. that’s good” and then just ends it with “you’ll get an automatic scheduling text”….so he obviously did not even take the time to look into my account or anything. Not sure why this is such a big deal to me but it makes me question everything he says now 🙄 should I call the dealership or wait a few more days for the text??

Just coming here to vent about my SA because Tesla Customer Service is severely lacking. Got my VIN this past Sunday and still have yet to get a text about scheduling. (My account does say estimated delivery 09-15 June) Texted the SA and he said just to wait a few days. We have been texting on and off but I had to call the dealership to even find out who my SA was because the first SA I had disappeared after the first day. So anyways I uploaded my updated insurance card to show the VIN. I texted him yesterday to ask if there were any updates, he said my account looked good to go. When I asked what the chances were I could take delivery this weekend (because I really don’t want to pay for another week of a rental car) he gave the generic response of “your account looks fine. No VIN yet. Just gotta wait until you’re matched then we will reach out. Be patient. It typically 5 days before delivery to get a text” so of course I panic and log into my account and screenshot my VIN. Send him the screenshot and he responds “oh you do have a vin. that’s good” and then just ends it with “you’ll get an automatic scheduling text”….so he obviously did not even take the time to look into my account or anything. Not sure why this is such a big deal to me but it makes me question everything he says now 🙄 should I call the dealership or wait a few more days for the text??
I think from what I've read on here people have had better luck calling the SC and pressing 4 to speak to a delivery person instead.

Reactions: bb114178
I'm in the group that got EDD's this morning. MYLR Blue 5 seat white interior ordered 5/18 for delivery in Columbus Ohio. Originally told by SA end of June, had 4-12 weeks from order EDD until last Friday then nothing until this morning now have July 18 - August 2. That would be weeks 9, 10 and 11 of my original 4-12 weeks from order. While I'm hoping for earlier I really don't believe Tesla is lying or being unrealistic, they're currently right in their range they advertised when I purchased.

Reactions: GoGators!
To those asking about insurance and VIN assignment: I am in a state that requires the VIN on the insurance card. I waited until VIN assignment, and within a few hours, called the insurance company and got a card to upload to Tesla. This was a new policy because I was not trading in a car. I don't think that it made a difference one way or the other on the delivery date. IOW, I wouldn't have had faster delivery if I uploaded insurance information before VIN. In fact, the day before delivery, I got an email from one of the delivery people saying that my name on the registration did not match the name on the insurance card (my middle initial was missing on the insurance card), and I needed to provide a new card with names that match. Even with that hiccup, there was no delay. I got a new card from the insurance company and emailed it right away. They acknowledged receipt and I was good to go. (It took the insurance agent less time to give me a new card than it took to find out their hours on Memorial Day, which I wanted to know in case there was a new issue at delivery.)

Ordered on 4/18.. The new EDD is crazy
1622727570091.png

• Informative
Reactions: gisseLdesire
It’s interesting, it seems a lot of people that are getting pushed into July-August are MY orders. Are there any M3 orders that have been pushed that far?

Mine continues to creep further out by 1 day each day like many others but the June 30th tail end hasn’t budged...

Reactions: ajs847