Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in SoCal. Order placed 5/18/21 (pearl white, no add ons... bare bones). Had June 21-30 EDD to start, changed to June 20-30, now is July 1-21. And yes, I've had disappearing dates, and the 4-12 week/3-13 week nonsense. Ridiculous and pretty frustrating. Sold my Model 3 a couple weeks ago. Waiting ain't easy. 😒

Updated EDD.png

I ordered MYLR on May 30. MSM/Black with Gemini Wheels. Am in NC getting it delivered to Raleigh. Had no delivery date until this morning. Now I have a delivery date of July 23 - August 12. I know it was unreasonable but I was hoping for a delivery before the end of the month with all the talk about deliveries being maximized before the end of the quarter. The SA at the Raleigh store said there “are so many trucks coming in with cars” and she told me July 5 at the latest… so who knows.

FWIW I’m in Bay Area, ordered 4/23 EDD is now June 15-30. Friend’s Dad in Bay Area ordered late March and picking up tomorrow. Not sure if there is regional pattern but thought I’d share.
I had a friend that ordered mid march and got delivery in two days. I’m positive it was just a cancel order or a reject but the car looks fine. As for now it looks like most of without that kind of luck are waiting about two months. Who knows, we might all get a car in the last week of june.

Woke up this morning to learn the new delivery date got pushed to somewhere between 8/2 and 9/1. I reached out to tesla chat, and their response made me mad. I made the initial order a year ago in April 2020, and pushed the delivery dates. I made the final confirmation on 4/18/2021 and its hard to see the delivery date being pushed to August / September.

I drove to Raleigh SC, and the SA was so nice. She explained that they are going to make a lot of deliveries this month ( Quarter end), and she also found a gliltch in my order.

Hopefully expecting to take delivery in a couple weeks!

I'm sitting here without even an order placed... reading everyone freaking out about their deliveries. I was leaning toward the MYLR or M3P but if there's so much guessing when the car will come in, I'll be perfectly fine getting a honda passport off a dealer lot.

Can anyone who's going through this explain the reason your letting Tesla play your emotions so much?

Also, for everyone planning to trade in to Tesla, make sure you get a quote from Carvana, I sold my BMW to them a few weeks ago and it was an amazing experience and I got over $4k more for my car than any dealership even my brother couldn't match it and he's a finance manager at a local new car dealer in my area.

SA is Drew. I checked in with him last week via text and he said that he has no ability to influence when I get matched to a car. He seems like a nice guy but powerless to help.
That's my SA also (despite me picking up at Mt. Kisco in NY) and I've found him to be great to work with, responds quickly, etc. However like you said, he can't magically produce a car for me to pickup in June, unfortunately. :)

Woke up this morning to learn the new delivery date got pushed to somewhere between 8/2 and 9/1. I reached out to tesla chat, and their response made me mad. I made the initial order a year ago in April 2020, and pushed the delivery dates. I made the final confirmation on 4/18/2021 and its hard to see the delivery date being pushed to August / September.

I drove to Raleigh SC, and the SA was so nice. She explained that they are going to make a lot of deliveries this month ( Quarter end), and she also found a gliltch in my order.

Hopefully expecting to take delivery in a couple weeks!
What was the glitch?

Quick update; took delivery today

Ppf and mudflaps preinstalled. (I have sp

No lumbar support controls on passenger side

A few grubby marks on white upholstery (cleaned onsite)

A couple spots of glue from wrapping plastic (cleaned on the spot)

Charge port misaligned (rotated clockwise too far, doesn’t stick out). (Mobile service to fix)

Three spots where plastic wrap is stuck in headliner/roof (mobile service to resolve, not able to resolve onsite)

A couple paint imperfections (bumps under paint) on rear trunk. Not super obvious, will probably live with it rather than risk making it worse.

Panel gaps all look great with exception of the charge port.

Drives great, sounds excellent, autowipers in the rain actually did a good job, autopilot failed in a few locations on the 40 (the crazy parts where there are no markings and people drove like it’s mad max). One moment where auto steering was not available. I found the acceleration to be a little jerky on autopilot.

Lots to still figure out. 129wh/km on 40km. Pretty good!

No offense, but that's like saying "I want a filet mignon, but I'm perfectly fine getting a McDonald's cheeseburger"
After owning multiple BMW's and Benze's and now that my work has shifted to work from home I see no point having such an expensive car sit in my garage when I might drive it 2-3 times during the week to grab groceries and on the weekends. My wife's car is paid off (6 year old honda, super low maintenance)... yeah having a tesla would be nice, but I'm not going to cry into my pillow if I feel that the company is going to jerk me around after placing the order.

Reactions: Vin_L
I can't believe some of you April folks, especially first half of the month orders, that have July-August dates. If I woke up to that I probably would have impulsively cancelled my order (then regretted it and reordered 🙄).

Anyway, 4/13 order out of Burbank, dates are June 5-25 this morning. I actually went back and double checked to make sure I was seeing June and not July.
I immediately emailed my SA. My earliest date is now July 25, which would be a full 15 weeks from when I placed my order.

View attachment 669077
Ordered 4/19, had 6/19-6/30 EDD, changed to 3-13 weeks, then lost the EDD, low and behold we got bumped to end of July - early august 🤦🏽‍♂️

this is similar to what mine did and sat this way for 4 days. The NEXT DAY, I got VIN and deliv schedule. Ordered 4-6 delivery on the 5th will be 60 days

(it could have been yesterday, but were busy til saturday. :)

The numbers are kinda nonsense.

OMG….ordered on 4/9 and just got a VIN! BUT..(there’s always a but) the delivery time frame says 9-13 weeks…WTF??!! I called my SA and she says it takes time for the delivery date to get into the system so I should wait for it to update. She assures me my delivery won’t take that long. I want to believe her but I’m quite jaded at this point. I called the DC but nobody picked up. I’ll wait a day and see what happens….