Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mentioned in a previous post that the Tesla buying process is not for everyone. Some find it preferable to the dealer experience, most just work through it, while some find the dealer experience to be highly preferable. Last time I bought my Toyota it also took over a month, but that was because we were haggling like crazy people against our assigned slimy salesman. Most people spend 2 to 4 hours haggling w/ sales, haggling w/ finance, waiting around while they take care of all paperwork, and driving home relatively happy with a new car they picked from the lot, that they test drove.

Many reasons to go with a Honda Pilot, and not Tesla. They’re entirely different vehicles and if the Pilot appeals to you, you should definitely not buy a Tesla. However I don’t think you should be “afraid of trying to hack” a Tesla lol. It’s not something that happens by accident. I’m also skeptical of a turbo/tune on a Pilot. Turning it into a beast? Ummm…okay, you do you!
I was talking honda passport (2 row variant of the pilot)... the v6 is actually ready for a turbo as far as compression and block/ crank stability.

I wouldn't know where to start with "tuning" a Tesla, do they even have OBD ports? Any modern ICE is going to have a OBD to hack into the engine management and if you go more exotic it's even easier with a standalone engine management system if you know what your doing (it's also quite easy to blow up an engine with a Stand alone),

My wife and I have the dealership act down to a science, she was actually pretty disappointed when I told her she can't negotiate against Elon Musk.

With all the tech that Tesla has, im surprised we cant see that play by play. Dominoes does it. Why cant Tesla?
They don't want us to get fired from our jobs or die from lack of sleep before they deliver the car to us... LOL

Can you imagine? That is actually what would happen to me... they'd find me shriveled up and dead in my chair staring at the screen...

Reactions: ajs847
With all the tech that Tesla has, im surprised we cant see that play by play. Dominoes does it. Why cant Tesla?
Because it's probably like:
order
(six weeks of nothing)
built in one day
sit on a lot for a few days
ship for 3-4 days
delivery

People think they're missing so much excitement, but it's just waiting while overseas orders are fulfilled. This isn't a Build-A-Bear - it's a damn car factory!

Ordered 5/17 deliver is tomorrow 6/4. The SA is key to a quick delivery
That’s crazy fast. I ordered on 5/13 and I only got a VIN yesterday with an EDD of 6/14 - 6/20. I haven’t even talked to my SA aside from an initial email when I placed the order I haven’t heard a peep. I called the Alpharetta-Roswell SC where I am planning on picking up a few times and I’ve always managed to talk to someone but never my assigned SA.

Reactions: maus92
That’s crazy fast. I ordered on 5/13 and I only got a VIN yesterday with an EDD of 6/14 - 6/20. I haven’t even talked to my SA aside from an initial email when I placed the order I haven’t heard a peep. I called the Alpharetta-Roswell SC where I am planning on picking up a few times and I’ve always managed to talk to someone but never my assigned SA.
I have the same EDD for the same pick up location. I got my vin on my account on Tuesday but haven’t heard from anyone otherwise. Hoping I can pick up next week.

Edit: never mind, just saw an update EDD range that got pushed back to 6/18-6/23

New to this group, just got a call today that I have been "soft matched" to a VIN. Anyone know what this means?

Ordered 5/27, EDD 6/16-6/30, "soft matched" to be delivered 6/26 (w/e this means)

White, black, 19", 5 seat, no tow

Did anyone try switching config to performance to get delivery times pushed up?

Well I got a vin 187XXX and I'm scheduled to take delivery tomorrow! Now I can get on with my damn life. 😂 I got tired of waiting and wondering when I'll ever get my car and watching the dates dance around. I originally placed my order on 4/18 for a MSM MYLR. On 6/2 I ended up buying a red/white MYLR with less than 50 miles from the existing inventory. I couldn't really rely on my SA. She was really no help and acted like she didn't even care. They kept telling me, "looks like any day now". My expectation of the buying process was that it would be exciting, but the experience was rather frustrating. The Las Vegas Tesla store sucks so badly. The staff seems to only be there for a paycheck, and nothing else. I ended up purchasing from Colorado. I'm flying in and plan to drive home. My initial order is still without a vin...
Agreed, ordering process was fun and fast at the beginning, but then its just terrible, you pay so high price for car and expecting good customer service, but this is not the case here.

Reactions: blissful and BitJam