Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New news about the no-radar AP: New wipers, better performance.

Speak for yourself. I actually like the Geminis and opted for them over the 20” induction wheels. I would have preferred the larger induction wheels but I hate the blacked out look. If they offered them in silver, I’d have gladly paid the money to upgrade.

So everyone has their own taste.
We are Tesla soul mates 😂 I don’t like the blacked out look on the MSM either. In fact [controversial opionion alert] I wish my MSM had chrome accents [gasp!], instead of matte black. Looks great on some colors, just not the MSM. Rimetrix.com has great looking snap-on options for the 19” wheels that come in silver an black. They only have a Model 3 version right now, but Model Y is coming this fall.

Ladies and Gentlemen... a VIN!!!

Screen Shot 2021-06-04 at 11.56.24 AM.png

A build came up last night identical to mine that was a demo car. 1100 miles, $2k less, March Build, and with FSD. Picking up this afternoon at Burbank!

;dhjfslhfasdlhfkhlasdhf THE WAIT. IT'S OVER!

Last edited:
Friends - keep the faith! I took delivery today and could not be happier. The vehicle was nearly flawless, save for one Gemini cap that needed a new clip and no washer fluid and the fact that they were ridiculously busy getting cars out the door. No matter - gave my wife and I a chance to grab lunch while my mother in law watched the kids. Needless to say we weren’t in a rush! Here’s a pic of ‘Name TBD’. Thanks guys for this forum. It’s been real! See you on the other boards!

Attachments

• DAD8528A-BFCF-4704-A312-2214E7F5C0B6.jpeg
    DAD8528A-BFCF-4704-A312-2214E7F5C0B6.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
Just had an interesting conversation with my husband. What if they're idling in July to switch over to front casted MY with the 4680 cells. Since MiC MY is delivering to Europe now it would be possible. This is all speculation of course but I do wonder what they're doing with all of the 4680 cells they've already made, and the castings they have lying around. That could explain why a bunch of us got pushed to the end of Q3.
Would love for that to be the case. at least that would justify me waiting until August to take delivery

Reactions: Jermayan
Orderd 4/28 Got delivered today. Vin was a 188 no Lumber or radar. Car looks great, paint excellent outside a scratch. One side is flawless panel wise, the other side one door is ever so slightly off. Im going to report it and see what happens. There is some inconsistency with the fabric on the pillar inside in terms of tightness, and I will report that also. But otherwise it looks solid thank god!

Are you saying that your wife wasn't on board with this purchase until you told her the car had Passenger side lumbar? Maybe I need to read up on the benefits of having that feature because I'm missing something here. It could be one of those features that once you had, you can't go without.
My wife always complains about car seats. She's had back surgery so I can't push back too hard. We always need to check the passenger seats.

Reactions: dsandhu
Breath.... Breath... As I refreshed my Tesla page for the 128,983rd time.

My long story short, went to order in April as we were starting to ramp up going back into the office in June. EDD at the time was 2-4 weeks so I decided to wait until May. May turned out to be 5-8 weeks. I pushed order on 5-4.

My order date went ALL OVER THE PLACE after that. Only real dates I ever had were in June. But I had 5-8, then ,3-13, and then a few days ago my EDD went to 9-13 weeks. Waited 24 hrs then tried to reach out to my SA through text and email... No response.

Almost buckled when all the demo cars hit bc I couldn't wait until August - I am the least patient person in the world when I'm excited about something.

Low and behold I just got my VIN and order date 204xxx with June 18-25. 🤞 It sticks.

Thanks everyone for all the great info along the way. This forum was a life saver. All the best in your wait! I'll update on delivery experience once it happens.

I found a demo on the other side of the country that looks like the one I ordered. There is a $2000 delivery fee but it only has 400 miles so it is essentially brand new. That would make the price about the same as a new one. It says it has 19 inch sport wheels. Is that the same as the Gemini wheels? Anybody know how long they take to ship cars?

For considerably less than $2000 you could fly to the west coast and drive the car home. Could be an excellent road adventure.

We are Tesla soul mates 😂 I don’t like the blacked out look on the MSM either. In fact [controversial opionion alert] I wish my MSM had chrome accents [gasp!], instead of matte black. Looks great on some colors, just not the MSM. Rimetrix.com has great looking snap-on options for the 19” wheels that come in silver an black. They only have a Model 3 version right now, but Model Y is coming this fall.
Tesla twinsies! ☺️ You know, it terms of chrome trim or chrome delete, I’m fairly apathetic. I’ve had cars with both and don’t have a strong opinion. But it’s a perfect example of wishing Tesla gave us a few more options in terms of customization. You could choose your chrome trim and I could choose my silver 20” induction wheels. Maybe one day when Giga Texas is rolling and they have more production bandwidth…?

Reactions: Emmadiane
Brooklyn pickup here too, sitting on EDD of 6/17-630.. showed 6/16-6/30 yesterday. Spoke to SA yesterday, they said I should expect a VIN really soon; sometime this week or next. We'll see about that
I spoke to an SA yesterday as well. He said that the cars are en route from Fremont and expected to arrive 6/15 & we should be able to pickup 6/16-6/18 range. Let’s hope everything goes as planned…..