Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was debating just getting a Demo version of my Config as it was available and my EDD is August. All of a sudden refreshed and saw there was an existing inventory of my config with <50 miles not a demo, quickly got it and received a vin immediately. 189xxxx

I essentially just cut the line of everyone who ordered April/May and I kinda feel bad about it.
Absolutely shouldn't feel bad about it. You made the right decision for yourself. Anyone can buy these up at anytime they want. I contemplated getting one myself but my desire to have an undriven car with my exact config plus already waiting since early April, I chose to hold out. If I had EDD's of July or beyond, you're damn skippy I would be ordering a demo car.

Reactions: Soosh
Just had an interesting conversation with my husband. What if they're idling in July to switch over to front casted MY with the 4680 cells. Since MiC MY is delivering to Europe now it would be possible. This is all speculation of course but I do wonder what they're doing with all of the 4680 cells they've already made, and the castings they have lying around. That could explain why a bunch of us got pushed to the end of Q3.

Just had an interesting conversation with my husband. What if they're idling in July to switch over to front casted MY with the 4680 cells. Since MiC MY is delivering to Europe now it would be possible. This is all speculation of course but I do wonder what they're doing with all of the 4680 cells they've already made, and the castings they have lying around. That could explain why a bunch of us got pushed to the end of Q3.
hope its true... Could be a reason why the dates got pushed out by couple months.

Reactions: Jermayan
I found a demo on the other side of the country that looks like the one I ordered. There is a $2000 delivery fee but it only has 400 miles so it is essentially brand new. That would make the price about the same as a new one. It says it has 19 inch sport wheels. Is that the same as the Gemini wheels? Anybody know how long they take to ship cars?

Just picked up my Model Y at the Raleigh SC and the process was very quick and streamlined. Most of the time was spent going through the checklist that someone in the main thread had posted. I didn't find anything too crazy... just the back driver's side door needing more force than the other doors to close, and a couple of gaps by the charging port and rear driver's side headlight.

The gentleman that helped me with the delivery process was very nice; however, the lady that took over after his shift/lunch was very dismissive when I tried reporting the above issues. She kept repeating "all cars are inspected and verified to be in spec prior to delivery" and refused to document any of the issues.

I will likely need to reach out to someone else there for assistance, or maybe just forget about the minor issues and focus on enjoying my new ride :cool:

Just picked up my Model Y at the Raleigh SC and the process was very quick and streamlined. Most of the time was spent going through the checklist that someone in the main thread had posted. I didn't find anything too crazy... just the back driver's side door needing more force than the other doors to close, and a couple of gaps by the charging port and rear driver's side headlight.

The gentleman that helped me with the delivery process was very nice; however, the lady that took over after his shift/lunch was very dismissive when I tried reporting the above issues. She kept repeating "all cars are inspected and verified to be in spec prior to delivery" and refused to document any of the issues.

I will likely need to reach out to someone else there for assistance, or maybe just forget about the minor issues and focus on enjoying my new ride :cool:
I would submit the issues on the app once you get home. But yes, def enjoy the new car and congrats!! Post pics if you can! Help us pass the time while we wait :p

I found a demo on the other side of the country that looks like the one I ordered. There is a $2000 delivery fee but it only has 400 miles so it is essentially brand new. That would make the price about the same as a new one. It says it has 19 inch sport wheels. Is that the same as the Gemini wheels? Anybody know how long they take to ship cars?
yes, those are the fugly (sorry) gemini wheels

I'm begining to think the change to the dreaded 9-13 weeks EDD is due to the demo vehicles being dumped. Yesterday there were no existing inventory on new Ys in FL. Now there are several, including 7 seaters. Most have over 1,000 miles on them...
It could also mean that they are replacing that inventory with new cars fresh off the factory instead of going to waiting customers...

Forget the nonsense from the SA trying to get rid of you and your concerns of YOUR new MY. This is a big ticket purchase, right?

Take pictures of each and every issue. Then submit on your phone app in the service section. It will walk you thru, including upload of photos. Then the SC will contact you thru the app and arrange for a service appt. or even better, mobile service to your location to fix.

Hope this helps.

yes, those are the fugly (sorry) gemini wheels
Speak for yourself. I actually like the Geminis and opted for them over the 20” induction wheels. I would have preferred the larger induction wheels but I hate the blacked out look. If they offered them in silver, I’d have gladly paid the money to upgrade.

So everyone has their own taste.