Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My original end of April order still says 7/17-8/6 or whatever after moving there mid last week. It’s a pretty vanilla order - MSM, white interior, LR. I guess white is unique.

Anyway, found exact car in seven seats nearby in inventory, not a demo, and I can use the third row, so I went for it.

Good news - I have a VIN (202,xxx) and the car is somewhere nearby as they didn’t charge a transportation fee.

Bad News - Now my team is ghosting me and won’t return emails or calls. I could get it today with cash, but it’s amazing, they seem like they don’t want to sell it. Again. For those following along at home, this will be my second attempt at an inventory car after Tesla botched the first.

Just can’t win.
Congratulations!

Reactions: elguapo
MY7 LR, W/W, Tow, Gemini, ordered Jun 4th, as of now ED shows Aug 08 - Sep 07. I hope it isn't so.

Not flexible on config other than tow (absolutely detest blacked out wheels, only getting the car because it's 7 seats otherwise it'd be another 3 BUT this means P is off the menu due to their nonsensical decision to not offer it in 7 seats, etc.) — is it even worth reaching out to SA to talk about tow hitch flexibility?

The order was just placed yesterday, already done with all steps and loan approved. When will an SA even be assigned, or how to I get one? Also, in the past you could change config on the website, is this not possible anymore, do you have to go thru an SA? Seems like a step back if that's the case.

Reactions: BitJam
MY7 LR, W/W, Tow, Gemini, ordered Jun 4th, as of now ED shows Aug 08 - Sep 07. I hope it isn't so.

Not flexible on config other than tow (absolutely detest blacked out wheels, only getting the car because it's 7 seats otherwise it'd be another 3 BUT this means P is off the menu due to their nonsensical decision to not offer it in 7 seats, etc.) — is it even worth reaching out to SA to talk about tow hitch flexibility?

The order was just placed yesterday, already done with all steps and loan approved. When will an SA even be assigned, or how to I get one? Also, in the past you could change config on the website, is this not possible anymore, do you have to go thru an SA? Seems like a step back if that's the case.
Ummm.... I hate to say this but that EDD is probably accurate if you just ordered it.

That's ok, but wouldn't that be the case for everyone else then (EDD being accurate for everyone vs only applying to me)? 2 to 3 months is a long time and many things are likely to change.
I meant that you are probably looking at a long wait is all. The quick VIN's are the exception, not the rule from what I've observed. With that said, it's Tesla so who really knows lol

That's ok, but wouldn't that be the case for everyone else then (EDD being accurate for everyone vs only applying to me)? 2 to 3 months is a long time and many things are likely to change.
It’s how Tesla does their manufacturing and delivery. They don’t just manufacture, deliver, manufacture, deliver. Case in point, for this quarter (starting April 1), mass deliveries didn’t begin until about 2 weeks ago. There are some people who ordered in March who are still waiting for their car.

Is your EDD accurate now? Probably not. But I think it’s a close approximation of when you can expect it.

I ordered mine on 4/2 and the delivery range was originally late May / early June. However, this morning that changed to late April / early May.
Ordered M3 LR dual motor here in Scottsdale on 4.11… still have no confidence with projected date on my account delivery 6.12-6.30. No one seems to know?! Offered a demo car with 200 miles but expected me to pay more per white int surcharge. Any feedback with others experience would be appreciated

Regarding your financing, I think most banks offer will last 60 days. Something to keep in mind if your delivery goes beyond that (may need to reapply).
Yea I was actually wondering about that. The approval was quick and painless thru Tesla which picked Wells Fargo in our case. I plan on getting an even lower rate (than 2.49%! the silver lining of buying a car in this market), but won't seek it out until there's sign of a VIN.