Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN on Sat(June 5th) . 207xxx

Ordered 05/05 MY LR | White | 7 seats | Black/White Interior | No Tow | No FSD - Long Island, NY

EDD has been pushed to to June 20 - June 30 after VIN. Was June 13th before VIN.

called the pickup location (Smithtown), they checked and confirmed car is in production and yet to be shipped out, and I should get the automated text from Tesla once it is ready for pickup, in about two weeks. I also told him the estimated delivery range on the order page was somewhat confusing and kept changing several times for me, he said Tesla is aware of the issue, and is working on to making it more accurate.

Has anyone else’s VIN ever disappeared on the account? Mine was there this morning but now no longer displaying, I’m wondering if this is just another one of those annoying Tesla account issues
Yes, it happened to me last week. I called three different SAs and the delivery center. Each had a different story. It was a big let down. I still have no idea what happened, but was assured I’m on track to get a car in June.

Yes, it happened to me last week. I called three different SAs and the delivery center. Each had a different story. It was a big let down. I still have no idea what happened, but was assured I’m on track to get a car in June.
You make me nervous when I'm already have my VIN and delivery appointment displayed in my Tesla account. I guess I'll still keep refreshing the page from time to time to make sure things are still good.

Nobody knows for sure. The $199 rumor came from some source code but Elon has made comments in the past that the subscription price would be more expensive than buying it upfront. If that $199 turns out to be true, I think you’re going to see A LOT of people with preorders cancelling their $10k FSD.
If that rumor price of $199 per month for FSD subscription is true, it would be about $2400 per year or just over four years time to the $10K price up front. But then you will have to keep on paying, meaning if you keep the car ten years, you would pay $24K for FSD, $14K more.
IMO, full FSD is not reality yet. Musk surely knows this. He is trying though. The system seems to be frequently confused by real world roads and traffic at times, more so with multi lane access and ramps with missing lane lines. Hoping that the new Tesla Vision makes real FSD sooner and faster with AI in use... and our helping by driving as Beta testers in our new MY using TACC and Autopilot.

If you believe in and trust FSD (and want to spring for another ten grand), seems better off that you buy FSD now using todays dollars at a locked in price.

Got a call from a Delivery Associate in response to a text I had sent my SA about delivery dates. She said they're having a tech issue which is causing EDD to show some "crazy stuff."

Stupid question, I'm leasing. I have the queue to enter final payment and set up auto payment. I don't want to give Tesla my account details. If I don't enter my info, will they send me a monthly bill? Would I be able to use my bank's web bill pay?
Yes, I lease my M3 from them and I setup bill pay. They stopped sending paper statements about 6 months ago I think, I used to get them in the mail.

Reactions: fo_Sean
Nobody knows for sure. The $199 rumor came from some source code but Elon has made comments in the past that the subscription price would be more expensive than buying it upfront. If that $199 turns out to be true, I think you’re going to see A LOT of people with preorders cancelling their $10k FSD.
I don't know about that... I mean 199 works out to be about 4 years so if you've kept the car beyond 4 years then your waisting your money on the subscription. Personally I think the subscription for FSD is really only for people that want to use it once in a while when going on long trips (subscribe then cancel method) or people that lease. If you buy and hold your car for 4+ years then a subscription to FSD is going to cost you more in the long run...

Last edited:
I had FSD on our Model S and was impressed with Navigate on Autopilot. On one occasion it took the offramp, detected construction around the bend, and reacted faster than I could (and I was paying attention and monitoring the road).

That said, I don't actually use AP or FSD that often and completely agree with your sentiment of AP being more my co-pilot or wingman but I'm responsible for overrides/veto power.
I've been using AP/FSD in its various iterations since 2015 and I find it invaluable. Having kids, its so nice to be able to turn it on and know that if I am slightly distracted by yelling boys in the back seat there is a second pair of eyes watching out for us.
I've also had numerous situations over the years of it reacting faster than I did to "danger". And I've had plenty of interventions as well in times when I wasn't quite comfortable with how it was handling a situation. But I firmly believe this is our future and I could never consider purchasing a vehicle that did NOT have the ability to have at LEAST the level of autonomy that we currently have with FSD. Its only a matter of time before we are enjoying the fruits of all the engineers labor and I for one can not wait! ❤️

I wonder if I can cancel my FSD option before taking delivery, if they make an announcement on the 10th that’s more favorable to me. Currently I’m all paid up for scheduled delivery on the 18th, including FSD. And how would refunding my $10k work if they do allow me to cancel it, back to my account via plaid payment system? Kinda thinking out loud here.
Once you’ve paid, I think there’s no way back. Sorry. That’s why I’ve been saying folks shouldn’t pay until they see the car. Otherwise, it is very quick and easy to remove FSD. I wouldn’t worry. Thursday is about plaid, yoke, etc.

I've been using AP/FSD in its various iterations since 2015 and I find it invaluable. Having kids, its so nice to be able to turn it on and know that if I am slightly distracted by yelling boys in the back seat there is a second pair of eyes watching out for us.
I've also had numerous situations over the years of it reacting faster than I did to "danger". And I've had plenty of interventions as well in times when I wasn't quite comfortable with how it was handling a situation. But I firmly believe this is our future and I could never consider purchasing a vehicle that did NOT have the ability to have at LEAST the level of autonomy that we currently have with FSD. Its only a matter of time before we are enjoying the fruits of all the engineers labor and I for one can not wait! ❤️
Aren’t all of your examples though included with AP? What extra safety benefits does FSD give you?

I don't know about that... I mean 199 works out to be about 4 years so if you've kept the car beyond 4 years then your waisting your money on the subscription. Personally I think the subscription for FSD is really only for people that want to use it once in a while when going on long trips (subscribe then cancel method) or people that lease. If you buy and hold your car for 4+ years then a subscription to FSD is going to cost you more in the long run...
If they do make it $199 and month to month, a lot of people who paid $10k will rightfully be pissed. But, $249+ would be absurdI agree with @digitalboi that even current level of FSD is super valuable to me for the reasons he stated.

That said, TVM would tell you not to spend $10,000 today unless you know you’re going to keep the car 5 years or so.

I think this pricing will be a Thursday announcement. Should be interesting.