Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: picked up yesterday at 3:00pm. No panel gap issues. A few smudge marks inside car that they quickly wiped out for me. 2 curb rashes on wheels that they pointed out to me before I walked around it. They already have me scheduled to come in next week as they’ve already ordered the new wheels and are completely replacing them for me. So no big deal. Other than that guys, car was beautiful. My exact build only I get the induction wheels and while I won’t get the range of the regular Gemini’s, I must say these black rims are gorgeous! Also I do still have lumbar support and I believe radar as well as this appears to be an April build. The radar didn’t matter too much to me but the passenger lumbar is nice to have I will say. Haven’t cancelled my other order yet. I want to see if dates truly change after Thursday, just for fun lol but my wait is over. And I love the car and driving experience so far. Autopilot has been great as well! Good luck guys!
I saw this car, kept on popping up in Kansas City (since it's almost my exact built it would come up in my searches). It had about 1600 miles iirc. Beautiful car! Congrats.

Reactions: elguapo
  • Registration
  • Trade-in (I said no trade and had SA update it after receiving a VIN, otherwise I'd have to rerun an assessment after 30 days)
  • Finance/Cash/Lease (I said cash and had SA update to finance after receiving a VIN, otherwise I'd have to have a 2nd credit check knowing it would expire after 30 days)
  • Insurance if your state allows without a VIN. (In PA you need a VIN, so I didn't have to submit insurance info until right before payment)
Thanks. Everything other than insurance is done, but can't do that w/o VIN (in TX), plus I wouldn't want to pay for a car I don't have anyway (the way it works when you buy a car with a VIN, you set the effective date in the future once you know when it will be delivered, but I don't even have a VIN/the car doesn't exist).

Reactions: iratre
Update: picked up yesterday at 3:00pm. No panel gap issues. A few smudge marks inside car that they quickly wiped out for me. 2 curb rashes on wheels that they pointed out to me before I walked around it. They already have me scheduled to come in next week as they’ve already ordered the new wheels and are completely replacing them for me. So no big deal. Other than that guys, car was beautiful. My exact build only I get the induction wheels and while I won’t get the range of the regular Gemini’s, I must say these black rims are gorgeous! Also I do still have lumbar support and I believe radar as well as this appears to be an April build. The radar didn’t matter too much to me but the passenger lumbar is nice to have I will say. Haven’t cancelled my other order yet. I want to see if dates truly change after Thursday, just for fun lol but my wait is over. And I love the car and driving experience so far. Autopilot has been great as well! Good luck guys!
Your vin like a 187?

Got the blue button! My vin is 211! Backstory for those that can’t see my sig. Ordered 4/11 in Walnut Creek, CA. Getting delivery from Vallejo. 7 seater white on white with tow and inductions. I’ve had dates all over the map including the dreaded 3-13 weeks. Dates completely disappeared over a week ago. 5 days ago my SA said estimated delivery within 7 days. Yay!

Update for me,

Canceled my order, VIN 5YJYGDEE5MF202740, Actual delivery scheduled for 6/15 to my home in DFW. Vehicle was out of Plano. Wife decided she likes her current vehicle a little more than the Model Y I purchased out of inventory waiting for the one I just canceled. I might feel bad if it had the new battery and chassis that hopefully is just around the corner.

Good luck to whoever can get it.

modely.jpg

Word of advice to those that have delivery appointments already, call your service center like a day or 2 before your appointment and confirm that appointment. And by that I mean make sure the car is at least at the service center. I had a delivery appointment that was confirmed by the SC a few days before the actual appointment. They confirmed the appointment but forgot to check if that car was even there. I get a call from my SA literally the day before my actual appointment saying that they are changing my appointment to next week because the car was in NC by mistake. So yeahhh… make sure they check that the car is at least in town!!!

Taking delivery tonight but they just notified me my car is ready for pickup and my app updated to allow me to see the regular screen of the car (Like i can unlock it now and open the trunks and everything else from the app). My account online says I wont be able to unlock the car until I accept delivery, which I didn't do yet (the blue button on my account is still there to accept delivery). Does anyone else have experience with this? Will I be able to open the car and look inside it before accepting delivery? Based on my app I'd assume so since I can unlock it now, but based on my Tesla account I wont be able to.

I mean besides that... LOL thats an easy one... I guess they probably checked the logs and noticed that not enough people used it so they cancelled it... ROFL 🤣🤪
Some genius at Tesla told Elon that we are now selling 499,550 cars per year, so we should cut out the $5 accessory and save $2.5M. Cost savings = pure profit.

Then turn around and sell it at $45, which 75% of people will buy, generating $16.9M of additional income. He or she was thereafter given a humongous bonus for coming up with the ingenious scheme.

Finally got the text to schedule delivery. VIN was assigned (203XXX) on 6/1 and delivery is scheduled for 6/20. Looking forward to finally getting the car.

On a side note, my brother picked up his Y with the exact same configuration (183XXX) as mine yesterday. I have to say his car was flawless from a fit and finish perspective. It was good to get a preview of what my car will look like.

One issue that he ran into was the screen has gone blank a couple times and had to reboot manually. Has anyone else run into this issue? Any advise on how to get this resolved? He got a software update but it still happened after the update.