Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I feel dumb. I took the advice of @elguapo to be proactive after I got the VIN on Saturday. I called Tesla's central number to check if anything is needed from my end to accelerate the scheduling. I was told that Tesla sent me several texts to schedule the delivery. Apparently, when I initially created the account, I mistyped my phone number (last digit was incorrect). I corrected the number over the phone, he sent me the SMS and I attempted to schedule the delivery via the link provided. I initially got the "No appointments are available" message. He did something on his end, then he asked me to try again. And BAM! I scheduled a delivery for Friday.

What a dumb way to lose my spot in queue had I not called them 🤣

I just completed delivery of our new MY LR. I have to say it went really well. I took about 4 different PDI checklists and combined them and added a few of my own items. It was 4 complete pages of things to check off. The great SA I found was there for the delivery. He said I have 3 days or 100 miles if anything else pops up as part of the delivery to bring them to their attention.

I have to say I couldn't find ANY significant issues. Lights were flush, doors closed easily, paint looked good, body panel alignment was as good as my last MB, Audi or Acura. It might have been better than some cars I've taken delivery of in the past. My VIN is 183xxx. It is a 7 seater and I don't know if that makes in difference.

I honestly am impressed. My car was nice and clean, tire shine on the tires, no smudges, anything that looked like maybe a paint issue was a piece of dirt blown on it as it was sitting outside. Kudos to the team in Jacksonville!

Also the ride/drive was better than any of the other MYs I drove for demo models. Maybe they are getting things better incrementally. It was pretty quiet, road compliance was good, all in all it seemed like a much tighter car. Haven't floored it yet but so far seems good.

My only question is the trailer hitch supposed to come with a 7 way to 4 way trailer adaptor?
No it does not come with the adapter but you can get one of those easy enough online for cheap

Just got a VIN #211XXX! Randomly checked every hour or so, this AM said September and I was not a happy camper. All of the feelings instantly turned to excitement! Ordered 4/12 MY7 white|white|19"|no tow|no FSD. Pickup in Lynnwood, WA.
LOL so I have to give you the credit... I was not going to refresh my page again until probably tonight or tomorrow morning and after I read your post I decided to check again and BAM! BLUE BUTTON! WOOT LOL 🤪

LOL so I have to give you the credit... I was not going to refresh my page again until probably tonight or tomorrow morning and after I read your post I decided to check again and BAM! BLUE BUTTON! WOOT LOL 🤪
interesting that I got VIN 210 yesterday, and you got 207 today. Strange Tesla manufacturing ways. For the down payment (50%) I'm planning on just handing them a personal check after I accept the car. Hoping to conduct an inside inspection before I accept.

interesting that I got VIN 210 yesterday, and you got 207 today. Strange Tesla manufacturing ways. For the down payment (50%) I'm planning on just handing them a personal check after I accept the car. Hoping to conduct an inside inspection before I accept.
I plan to do ACH via my phone in the parking lot. I'll have a personal check on hand just in case. The VINs have thought to correspond with delivery location and config too.

DANG! they are really pumping them out lol... it is odd that they post them to accounts so out of order

Reactions: jstnmz
How can we tell if we have 2021 or 2020? My 3DMAXPider floor mats arrived but are still in the box (awaiting car). I assumed I would receive 2021 version but what should I look for to be sure? Want to check before the return window expires.

@rcsting , can you please share a photo of your 2021, or its tag, so I can compare them to mine? I may have received 2020 when I ordered 2021 last month.

View attachment 671317View attachment 671318
I also ordered and received this set last month, and I have the exact same numbers and wording of "2020 ~ 2020+"

Just curious, and maybe this is a thread topic or should be one... but has anyone tried to figure out the average "time to vin" and "time to delivery" statistics based on the data accumulated in the tracking spreadsheet? Or does Tesla just pick and choose and there's no rhyme or reason?

Since I placed my order only a week ago, when should I start freaking out about getting a vin... is my point lol

Reactions: iratre
I swear I read someplace that they don't take personal checks. Thats what im hoping to do...
Yeah, the delivery guy (in Dublin, CA) told me about 3 weeks back that they wouldn't accept personal checks -- cashiers/certified or ACH only. However I'm pretty sure there has been one or two people in the last couple of weeks who said they did take personal checks. I'm planning on going to the bank and getting a certified check, just to be safe.

Reactions: dsandhu
Gratz, as you’d say!!!
THANKS!
Just curious, and maybe this is a thread topic or should be one... but has anyone tried to figure out the average "time to vin" and "time to delivery" statistics based on the data accumulated in the tracking spreadsheet? Or does Tesla just pick and choose and there's no rhyme or reason?

Since I placed my order only a week ago, when should I start freaking out about getting a vin... is my point lol
LOL I'd say wait till the end of Q3 before you start freaking out...

Reactions: elguapo and Gor-Gor