Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please update after you pick up your Y this Friday, @jjgg ! I will use your experience as evidence in case I still do need to return.
@FatherTo1 , I've tested fit the 2020~2020+ 3D Maxpider mats. The driver mat does not have a perfect fit. The problem is at the left foot rest area. The angle of the raised area is not quite right so there are gaps at both the edge and the back of the pedals.

PXL_20210612_013949779.jpg

@FatherTo1 , I've tested fit the 2020~2020+ 3D Maxpider mats. The driver mat does not have a perfect fit. The problem is at the left foot rest area. The angle of the raised area is not quite right so there are gaps at both the edge and the back of the pedals.

View attachment 672462
Greatly appreciate the update, @jjgg ! I will contact RPMTesla again in the morning. However, I am a little surprised as any fitment issues I expected to occur near the seat riser posts, at the opposite end of the floor mats.

Reactions: Greg007
Greatly appreciate the update, @jjgg ! I will contact RPMTesla again in the morning. However, I am a little surprised as any fitment issues I expected to occur near the seat riser posts, at the opposite end of the floor mats.
The rear end is not something I'd call "custom fit", but I was kind of OK with it since my feet won't reach the very end that often (unlike the front end), and the lip at the back is still effective to prevent dirt or mud going under the seat. The problem at the rear is that the floor between the seat risers is mostly flat with a very small bump, but the mat does not extend in between the risers like the second row front end. It simply has a straight lip there. And the rounded corner does make a gap there.
PXL_20210612_014011227.jpg
PXL_20210612_013944452.jpg

@FatherTo1 I have also made a second test fit after you mentioned not expecting front end issues. I previously lined up the back and then tried to fit the front. If I push the mat to the front as much as I can, the gaps at the front will mostly disappear. But the rear will have an inch gap.
PXL_20210612_050319453.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg007 and BitJam
The rear end is not something I'd call "custom fit", but I was kind of OK with it since my feet won't reach the very end that often (unlike the front end), and the lip at the back is still effective to prevent dirt or mud going under the seat. The problem at the rear is that the floor between the seat risers is mostly flat with a very small bump, but the mat does not extend in between the risers like the second row front end. It simply has a straight lip there. And the rounded corner does make a gap there.
View attachment 672464View attachment 672466

@FatherTo1 I have also made a second test fit after you mentioned not expecting front end issues. I previously lined up the back and then tried to fit the front. If I push the mat to the front as much as I can, the gaps at the front will mostly disappear. But the rear will have an inch gap.
View attachment 672477
@jjgg , yes, pushing the driver’s mat all the way forward, with the gap in the rear, is actually evidence that we both have the correct mats for “2021 MY”.

The previous 2020 version was longer towards the back and would fold up against the riser because the 2021 riser angles and slants forward. To compensate for the 2021 riser design, 3DMax shortened the mat to create more clearance (but leaves a gap), as you pointed out. I’m pretty confident we have the proper set and am happy with the fitment. Thanks again for your help and the extra photos.

AB657FF5-D1AC-43F2-A516-11137A5C13F6.jpeg

Reactions: Greg007
When was your delivery estimate? Was it on time with what was quoted to you?
Yes it was. In fact the only reason it was delayed was because I had put the wrong phone number in my profile. I was expecting for something to go wrong but honestly it was like 15 minutes total. The worst part, and I mean the absolute worst, was the waiting process. I'm enjoying this car and I think it's worth every penny I'll be spending on it, but I will never forget how torturous the waiting was.

@jjgg , yes, pushing the driver’s mat all the way forward, with the gap in the rear, is actually evidence that we both have the correct mats for “2021 MY”.

The previous 2020 version was longer towards the back and would fold up against the riser because the 2021 riser angles and slants forward. To compensate for the 2021 riser design, 3DMax shortened the mat to create more clearance (but leaves a gap), as you pointed out. I’m pretty confident we have the proper set and am happy with the fitment. Thanks again for your help and the extra photos.
OK. Thanks. I didn't know there was a longer 2020 version and thought the gap at the rear was an inaccurate fit. So it seems I can hold onto this set.

The second row fits tight, no gaps and no issues. I have a 7 seater so this can be a reference for those who are wondering if 7 seaters can use these mats. Of course there seems no mat product for the third row yet.

I think I'd have a "graduation post" to this thread after I picked up my MY 7 Seater (White paint black seats with tow) today. I'm in Vancouver BC Canada so the whole experience may be a bit different than the states.

I ordered on Apr 23, and my SA told me to expect mid to late June delivery. They didn't provide any "insider information" or updates along the way. But looking back, they probably had enough experience to give me a relatively accurate (but a bit conservative) EDD.

When I arrived at the DC, and checked in, they took my trade in car keys and led me to the MY for me to walk through it. Doors were unlocked so I could check everything before signing the files. And whatever concerns I had, they tried to fix it on the spot. There was mostly no big issues - panel gaps were good, fits were mostly good, paint had one tiny chip on the fronk edge and one small scuff to buff out. One 3rd row seat's leather had a corner not properly tucked in under the back shell. Most importantly, no coat hanger issues! :D. In fact, most MYs I saw there had pretty good fits. I could spot more M3 misalignments.

No one was pushing me to hurry up. I left the DC 1.5 hours later and was probably the last one among the batch for the same appointment time. Also to say the staff were patient and they were caring. There was an old lady and the staff gave her quite a long explanation for her M3 features beside her car after she signed her paper work. They also charge up the car to 90% while I was waiting for things to be done.

(After I got home I discovered one more issue with the second row middle seat - the electronic cable would not retract when the seat back was folded down and pulled back up. So the cable ended up forming a loop sticking out into the 3rd row leg space. I've booked a service appointment and see what they will do.)

I got PPF on the car but in BC there is no mudflaps provided. I could confirm this when I was calling for the delivery appointment so I could order a set of mudflaps and they conveniently arrived from Amazon while I was picking up the car.

View attachment 672462
I've been looking at these mats on Amazon. For the last weekish the description says 2020 MY but the Amazon filter for car type says they'll fit. I was unsure given the product titling. There's now one that specifically says 2021. Ordered last night. I pick up my car the 19th so can't give pics/details right away on fit.

View attachment 672481
Not to be the bearer of bad news but the 21s are not supposed to have a gap. MAXpider All-Weather Custom Fit Floor Liners for Model Y – ForMyTesla.com

Reactions: jjgg and Greg007
I am seriously thinking of cancelling the order
I’m with you, this whole process is dumb. I keep reading people ordering in late May or early June that have their cars, but I ordered April 21st and my date keeps getting knocked back. I live 3 hours from the factory! Just this morning was the latest of about 4 dates moves, went from June 13th-30th to July 7th-27th. I already have no faith in this company and I don’t even own the car yet! I keep having to scramble to make plans for a car every month since I have previous lease turn ins. Very frustrating.

Reactions: BitJam and ankit