Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dumb question here but where are you guys seeing this MVPA? I am looking at my account and do not see this information and I have a VIN assigned.
When I accepted Tesla Financing terms, then my MVPA was replaced with a Lending Agreement. See all the way on the bottom of attached screenshot:

1623782414397.png

Reactions: Cybwiz and und2000
Looks fine to me, it's only a midcycle refresh with minor changes. Don't see how its "hideous".
they're going with the extra large nostril grill, inverted triangle intake's instead of the traditional M sport look. I sold my x3M before the redesign pics came out I think I should have just held onto it because I know so many BMW traditionalists are going to hate the way it looks now, me included. Got rid of the x3 because it was sitting in my garage while I WFH, it was giving an annoying check engine light for the stupid evap sensor that I didn't want to fix and I was 6 months away from getting it another set of 21" run flat's.

I’m flexible on some things, but “existence” is one on which I will not budge.View attachment 673638

Range seems pretty good from the reviews that are out there (it beat a 2020 MYLR by a couple of miles in one video I watched), but the fast charging network remains a concern, for the 1-2 times a year I might use it. I don’t think Ford will do multiple updates in a week like Tesla does either, but they’ve had a few bug-fix releases, which is more than any car I’ve owned to date.

I’ll repeat that I definitely preferred the Model Y, but the fact remains that inventory and order availability is no longer a strong selling point of the Tesla over Ford/VW/Volvo competitors. Maybe Tesla will deliver within the estimate that they displayed on the day I ordered. Maybe the guy at the Ford dealership will call me and say that an AWD extended-battery Mach-E showed up on the lot. Neither seems particularly likely.
The biggest difference in the long run won't be that these are both electric cars, but that the Tesla will have superior FSD.

Reactions: elguapo and dsandhu
they're going with the extra large nostril grill, inverted triangle intake's instead of the traditional M sport look. I sold my x3M before the redesign pics came out I think I should have just held onto it because I know so many BMW traditionalists are going to hate the way it looks now, me included. Got rid of the x3 because it was sitting in my garage while I WFH, it was giving an annoying check engine light for the stupid evap sensor that I didn't want to fix and I was 6 months away from getting it another set of 21" run flat's.
To each his own in guess. I kind of like it. Grilles aren't that bad, now the massive ones on the X7 and their EV's those are hideous!

I had emailed my SA about an inventory vehicle I saw last night on the other side of the country. By the time he got back to me it was long gone but it gave me an opportunity to ask him some questions. He did not admit to there being a supply chain problem but he told me that my order date (which at one point was as early as June 11th before jumping into August and now settling for mid to late July) is probably accurate. He implied that delivery logistics often play as big a role as anything in when you'll get your order. Obviously, even if they have a perfect match for you sitting in inventory somewhere they are not going to load up a single car and truck it over. It depends a lot on maximizing logistical costs. If they have enough orders going to the same place it is much easier to promise that inventory vehicle, load up the truck, and publish your VIN. If there aren't a lot of orders in your area they may keep pushing out the date of existing orders until they have enough in the general area that it makes sense to send out the truck. With me being in Salt Lake I can't help but think about the path they would take and how many other orders might be on the truck headed this direction. Looking at the big spreadsheet of orders on the site, I worry there just aren't enough vehicles being ordered in my general area at this time. This is all conspiracy theory though and my SA didn't come out and directly say any of this. He just said that logistics play a large part in the estimated delivery dates and how the window moves.

The biggest difference in the long run won't be that these are both electric cars, but that the Tesla will have superior FSD.
Perhaps in the very, very distant long run, but I’m not spending $10k on the promise that maybe someday FSD will do something more than it does today, and it’s not worth that kind of money for the relatively few things it does now over base autopilot that I would use. Autopilot does a bit less than the ADAS on my wife’s car today, but it does a few things that my previous car did not have, so it’s all about even.

Ford’s some-roads-only hands-free driving is supposed to be way cheaper (I think I saw $600?) but it’s still basically an unknown, VW seems to just have basic ACC/lane keep, and even Volvo doesn’t seem to know where they’re going with their system yet. I’m evaluating the vehicles (not just the EVs I test drove, but everything I looked at) as they are today, in the state I would be receiving them.

I have exactly what you have which is the Lending Agreement. Not going to worry about it. Was just curious as it does not have any mentioning of mileage.
You must have accepted the financing terms? If you don't need to shop around for financing anymore, then you don't need an MVPA. Maybe your SA can find the old doc? The mileage is undeterminable unless you have a demo. Looks like everyone is 15 (unitless). You won't know the actual mileage until the SC receives the car and can look at the odometer. It might gain a mile going on and off the truck/train from Fremont so I doubt they are relaying that info until delivery.

Unless someone knows otherwise?

Reactions: Cybwiz
Decided to check in today. We've joined the September club. Our dates been moving around a lot lately. At one point it said the end of July then went into Aug and we checked and they said Aug 18th is when they're back end system thought we would get it, and now it's at September... This has been such a wild ride that at this point I will believe I'm getting the car when I sit in it to drive it home. lol

Reactions: BitJam
Perhaps in the very, very distant long run, but I’m not spending $10k on the promise that maybe someday FSD will do something more than it does today, and it’s not worth that kind of money for the relatively few things it does now over base autopilot that I would use. Autopilot does a bit less than the ADAS on my wife’s car today, but it does a few things that my previous car did not have, so it’s all about even.

Ford’s some-roads-only hands-free driving is supposed to be way cheaper (I think I saw $600?) but it’s still basically an unknown, VW seems to just have basic ACC/lane keep, and even Volvo doesn’t seem to know where they’re going with their system yet. I’m evaluating the vehicles (not just the EVs I test drove, but everything I looked at) as they are today, in the state I would be receiving them.
Agree. It is never a good idea to buy anything based purely on the promise of future sw upgrades. If current feature set is worth $10k to the owner, then that’s great. Don’t pay $10k expecting the next sw version will be true FSD in 6 months.

Same as many people here. Placed my order on June 1 and my delivery estimate has bounced around a lot. Would usually see an date range of mid July to mid August and now it just says 'September'.

On one hand I see it as a positive given that Tesla is always adding new features by surprise (like heated steering wheels for example) and this increases my chances of getting one of them.

On the other hand its a bit frustrating and I also can't help but wonder if this has anything to do with Tesla Vision issues.

Reactions: Darblish
I've only been able to skim the posts from today. Did anyone without a VIN or delivery date NOT end up with a September EDD? As best I can tell everyone shows September as of today.

Possible reasons:
  • Tesla realized they were pissing everyone off by missing their estimates so just decided, "Fine, just move everyone to last month in Q3. We should be able to get them all by then."
  • ERP/MRP Regeneration (context: Current Delivery Times)
  • Another system glitch (e.g. everyone showing blue model 3, invisible cars, or simply unavailable)
  • Big changes to the vehicles (seems very unlikely, unless it's another removal of an "unused" feature)
  • Some cruel social psychology experiment that slipped past the IRB approval process

I would imagine the poor programmer that created the Estimated Delivery Date code never accounted for this supply chain mess. The triggers they probably used to indicate delivery dates are likely unreliable given the scrambling. My consumer tech company is also scrambling due to global supply chain issues. We're doing a combo of things like quality alternative parts, squeeze as many parts from current suppliers as possible, accelerate longer-term strategic decisions, and slow demand - or at least delivery - in certain scenarios. I feel like we're all currently a part of this within Tesla and EDD are just at the end of the bull-whip effect.

Reactions: ajs847
Finally picked up my baby yesterday. Didn’t have a stellar delivery. After waiting about 30 mins, this one kid (I only say kid because he looks like he just go out of high school), comes over and asks me to start signing paperwork. I tell him I want to see my car first. Backstory: Car was supposed to be here last week for me to pick up. They mistakenly sent it to NC instead of South FL. So when I get there, I want to see the status of my car before I sign papers. He keeps pushing me. He was new, I think he said it was his 1st week there. I finally get to see the car. Long story short, rear taillight is scratched and a cap from my wheel is missing. They tell me to make a service appointment to get it fixed. At this point they can’t even get me a cap for my wheel because the service department was closed. They’ve had this car since Saturday (when it arrived) and they couldn’t look over everything once at least? The back seats were a bit dirty as well, and they couldn’t clean it because again, the service department was closed. Then I saw that they had a new license plate on the car when I told them multiple times I wanted to transfer a plate. I even gave them my plate number in advance. After a few minutes trying to figure out what happened, they tell me my license plate is more than 10 years old and so they can’t transfer so I have to get a new plate. I’ve never heard of that but I guess it is a thing. Whatever. Wish they would have told me that when I gave them the plate numbers initially. Then they just give me the keys and say have a nice day. BTW, they tried to give me the keys without even taking their check from my financing bank. I'll give him a pass because he was new lol I then ask for a paper copy of the paperwork I signed and they tell me they can’t give those out and that I would get a copy in my email. I say no, I need a copy of everything. After a couple of back and forth, I finally get a paper copy. Then they give me the keys and ask if I have any more questions and have a good night. UGHHHHHH. I was a bit upset at the whole ordeal. I felt very rushed. Seemed like they were trying to just get me out of there. Listen, I’m not buying a Tesla because of their customer service but they could have at least tried to be a little better. All in all, the car is awesome. It’s beautiful and I’m in love but Tesla really needs to work on their customer service. But anyways, Good luck to all still waiting!!

Another lurker here, dropping in to say that my 6/6 delivery moved to September as well. Started at 9-13 weeks, then moved to Aug 5-25th, then September. I honestly don't know if I am patient enough to wait. Why did I ever think I could do this?! I was fine until I did a test drive. (I ordered before driving, lol). Scouring current inventory constantly, but that 7 seater that I ordered is harder to come by. Thanks for all the info on this forum!