Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they switch to ATT? I could have sworn when I had my S that they were on Verizon. The reception on the car always seems to follow the strength of signal on my Verizon SIM (I have dual sim in my phone).
My coworker has a P85D. I was with him when he picked up his car from having the computer replaced. He said Tesla was upgrading his car to LTE, becuase his only supported 2G/3G... Anyways, I remember he said they were activating AT&T LTE. So I don't know if that meant they switched from VZW to ATT, or if his always used ATT and was just upgrading from 3G to 4G. But it definitely uses AT&T now.

Thanks for the replies guys. If I do find an inventory car that I like (enough to pay new price), do I place a new order to secure it and have SA match to acct, or do I call it in and risk it being gone by the time I talk to someone? We don't really have an SA just the general number right now.

Thanks for the replies guys. If I do find an inventory car that I like (enough to pay new price), do I place a new order to secure it and have SA match to acct, or do I call it in and risk it being gone by the time I talk to someone? We don't really have an SA just the general number right now.
Exactly as you said - up to you if you want to take the risk. I decided to jump on an inventory car last week. As soon as it popped up I called the SA. By the time they picked up, I explained what I wanted and she looked it up and couldn't find it. I told her I was looking at it on the screen with the Buy button. She said click the button to see what happens...I did and it went back to the inventory page which means it sold while I was on hold...

So - if you can spare the $100 and don't mind losing it, you can secure the car and not have to worry about it. But if you take the risk and don't want to waste $100 (which I certainly don't want to waste $100) you take the chance of losing it.

Reactions: Yankees
After moving to July/August dates for a couple weeks I flipped to September early in the week for one day and then back to the July August dates. Didn’t think much of the change the dates were in my delivery window outside of the momentary September. Got a call yesterday from the sa saying we’re ready to go and if we could come in in the next couple days. We’re out of town until Monday so he just scheduled it for Monday. Checked after the call and had the Tesla vision confirmation and now a vin and delivery spot in my account. Vin 206xxx

Was expecting July but the SA told me when we ordered that it would be a big surprise if it wasn’t here by the end of the quarter.
WOW Nice surprise! So you get to pick it up on Monday?! Did you ever get an automated call or TXT about scheduling delivery or did the SC just call you directly to set it up?

Has anyone considered that some (most?) of the new inventory cars are rejected deliveries? With this high demand, I don't see how else inventory cars would show up. Sure, some of them could be to other reasons (changed mind on config, financing fell thru, etc.), but at least some of them have to be rejected by buyer.

Just got my car insurance official with the removal of the 2018 Outlander PHEV GT (20,000 miles) and adding the 2021 Model Y AWD (6 miles). Policy includes a 2013 Kia Sorento. I had received an estimated quote a month ago and saw the rate would go up about $200 for exact same coverage. Clearly the MY has a higher cost of replacement. However, to much of my surprise, upon e-signing the official change today, my annual premium went DOWN by $21!

Is this because of all the additional safety features? Even though no radar? The car also worth like $25,000 more. Maybe I'm missing something?

1623946794110.png

My coworker has a P85D. I was with him when he picked up his car from having the computer replaced. He said Tesla was upgrading his car to LTE, becuase his only supported 2G/3G... Anyways, I remember he said they were activating AT&T LTE. So I don't know if that meant they switched from VZW to ATT, or if his always used ATT and was just upgrading from 3G to 4G. But it definitely uses AT&T now.
I could be totally remembering wrong which it seems I might be... or maybe the source I read it from was wrong from the get go LOL

I suppose it really is irrelevant in the long run since the service seems identical to both Verizon and T-Moble in my area anyway LOL 🤷‍♂️

Just got my car insurance official with the removal of the 2018 Outlander PHEV GT (20,000 miles) and adding the 2021 Model Y AWD (6 miles). Policy includes a 2013 Kia Sorento. I had received an estimated quote a month ago and saw the rate would go up about $200 for exact same coverage. Clearly the MY has a higher cost of replacement. However, to much of my surprise, upon e-signing the official change today, my annual premium went DOWN by $21!

Is this because of all the additional safety features? Even though no radar? The car also worth like $25,000 more. Maybe I'm missing something?

View attachment 674430
Sweet! What a happy surprise!

Has anyone considered that some (most?) of the new inventory cars are rejected deliveries? With this high demand, I don't see how else inventory cars would show up. Sure, some of them could be to other reasons (changed mind on config, financing fell thru, etc.), but at least some of them have to be rejected by buyer.
Definite possibility, or demos that have been abused on test drives. There is also the chance someone couldn’t get financing, changed their mind, ot couldn’t wait any longer and took a demo.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY

View attachment 674430
Nice! Maybe so...what insurance company?

Definite possibility, or demos that have been abused on test drives. There is also the chance someone couldn’t get financing, changed their mind, ot couldn’t wait any longer and took a demo.
That's what I was thinking too...the new ones with no or very low miles (not demo units) could have either had financing fall through or likely took an inventory one themselves and let their original orders go which still get made regardless.

I'm playing the inventory game. first one I just booked to not lose. Today I wanted to change to a different inventory and called/emailed the SA because I didn't want to lose another 100 - car was gone when she got back to me, but she found another one that worked (everything the same but not my fav color). So depends on whether you want that exact car or are willing to take something else.
For context I'm hoping my MYP will be assigned this month, current EDD 1-10wks, but SA says her end still shows it should be assigned by the 25th. Either way I don't want to renew my registration on my current car and am looking to replace it by end of month so that's why I'm playing the inventory game.

I'm playing the inventory game. first one I just booked to not lose. Today I wanted to change to a different inventory and called/emailed the SA because I didn't want to lose another 100 - car was gone when she got back to me, but she found another one that worked (everything the same but not my fav color). So depends on whether you want that exact car or are willing to take something else.
For context I'm hoping my MYP will be assigned this month, current EDD 1-10wks, but SA says her end still shows it should be assigned by the 25th. Either way I don't want to renew my registration on my current car and am looking to replace it by end of month so that's why I'm playing the inventory game.
If you don't want to renew your registration, you can just get a 60 day trip permit.