Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True- but since I have an inventory vehicle secured as a back up, it's moot. Just not super excited about red, wanted the black. I'd also have to smog it, which I am actively avoiding, so one way or the other I'll be in the Y by end of month.
Have you seen the red in person? It's beautiful, lol... Don't let the myth of red getting more tickets get you down... I have gotten the least amount of tickets in my red cars compared to my non red cars, lol...

It is frustrating, to say the least, to see people with order dates later than mine getting their VINs and taking delivery, while mine has dropped from late June earlier this week to September today.

I’m not frustrated at anyone here of course; I’m happy people are getting their cars. I’d just like to be in that group also.
I wonder if it's an Ohio thing? Ordered our MY April 28. It slipped from late June EDD to July 22- Aug 11 lately, then this week it has bounced back and forth between that and just "september". Today it's back to just "September" after reverting to July 22-Aug 11 yesterday. Frustrating but of course I'm not going to cancel the order.

Has anyone considered that some (most?) of the new inventory cars are rejected deliveries? With this high demand, I don't see how else inventory cars would show up. Sure, some of them could be to other reasons (changed mind on config, financing fell thru, etc.), but at least some of them have to be rejected by buyer.

Obviously anecdotal, but I don’t recall a single person on here, Facebook or Reddit refuse their delivery. Almost everyone said that issues were minor. To me it looks like they’re in process of refreshing their loaner inventory. With the pause in shipments when they were switching to full vision they might have gone longer they’d like before getting rid of their loaners.

Reactions: elguapo and und2000
I wonder if it's an Ohio thing? Ordered our MY April 28. It slipped from late June EDD to July 22- Aug 11 lately, then this week it has bounced back and forth between that and just "september". Today it's back to just "September" after reverting to July 22-Aug 11 yesterday. Frustrating but of course I'm not going to cancel the order.
Could be. I had dinner near Easton last night and drove past the store there, and there were only a dozen or so open parking spots; most everything else was Model 3s or Ys with QR codes in the window, and there were still people moving cars around (this was after 10:00pm). Maybe they’re just full on deliveries for the quarter? Even so, I would hope to be in July-ish instead of 4 months past my order date.

Has anyone considered that some (most?) of the new inventory cars are rejected deliveries? With this high demand, I don't see how else inventory cars would show up. Sure, some of them could be to other reasons (changed mind on config, financing fell thru, etc.), but at least some of them have to be rejected by buyer.
In the case of mine that I found in 'new inventory' and ordered, my SA confirmed it's a brand new build in transport to my SC and was unmatched from the customer who ordered it for whatever reason - could be financing, etc. It's strange that they don't then re-match to the next customer who has an order in. Perhaps dumping it into 'inventory' allows it to be sold for the current pricing and not the cheaper pricing that many people have orders in for already? Seems like a lot of work to do this, though.

Just got my car insurance official with the removal of the 2018 Outlander PHEV GT (20,000 miles) and adding the 2021 Model Y AWD (6 miles). Policy includes a 2013 Kia Sorento. I had received an estimated quote a month ago and saw the rate would go up about $200 for exact same coverage. Clearly the MY has a higher cost of replacement. However, to much of my surprise, upon e-signing the official change today, my annual premium went DOWN by $21!

Is this because of all the additional safety features? Even though no radar? The car also worth like $25,000 more. Maybe I'm missing something?

View attachment 674430
That's great news! I called yesterday to add the Y to my policy and my 6 month premium is going up about $230 or 30%.