Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are ready to make the final payment without inspecting your car I can send you my Venmo details to transfer over the money 🤠

the recent deliveries gave me a little more confidence in paying ahead of time lol. I'm so anxious for delivery now I just want to go pick it up, hope that there's no issues, and be on my way as quick as possible

Does anyone know how long it takes to get insurance through Tesla set up? My EDD is coming up in the next couple of weeks (fingers crossed) but the "Get a Tesla insurance quote" button isn't clickable. I'd like to at least get a quote so I can be prepared.

Really stupid question on FSD for those with experience. I have lane change enabled. Am I able to have the car lane change using the blinker when it's not prompting me to change lanes? I found it keeps moving me left but never moves be back to the right. I've flipped the blinker and nothing happens.
Not a stupid question at all. It will only auto change lanes if you have a destination selected. IE address that you are going to. Otherwise its just fancy cruise control. you can hit the indicator and the car will move for you as well

Reactions: dsandhu
My SA said they couldn't honor the $1,500 discrepancy, but I'll contact them again about the $100 at least.
I wanted to give an update – I called this number 1-888-518-3752 and the folks there were able to work with my SC to switch out the reservations for me so I could keep my original price. Chose not to take delivery at my original location so that I could pick up the car earlier (driving from North Bay out to Stockton, CA which is around 100 miles).

Not a stupid question at all. It will only auto change lanes if you have a destination selected. IE address that you are going to. Otherwise its just fancy cruise control. you can hit the indicator and the car will move for you as well
Thanks so much. I'll have to dig deeper. I'm in nav in auto (I see the single line infront of the car), I have lane change enabled, but when I hit the blinker nothing happens. It will change lane though when the nav is promoting me to change and I hit the blinker. I'm wondering if I'm able to change whenever

So a little ticked off at Tesla right now although I do understand their position. I pay my auto insurance annually up front for all the cars, I know I know that’s rare but I specifically do that to not have to deal with insurance more than once a year and I get very competitive rates so why not. My policy expires July 28, delivery date Jun 24 so I literally had no way of producing an ID card that would be good for 60 days from 6/24. So I ended up having to put the Tesla on its own policy at double the annual premium. Ofcourse I’m gonna cancel it ASAP and add it back to my regular policy after delivery but it’s just an unecessary inconvenience caused by Tesla because State of Texas issues temporary tags for 30days only anyways. I could have easily applied for a second set of 30days, if needed, myself for $32. Insurance agent could have issued me a manual ID card with the 2022 expiration date but obviously Insurance Company wouldn’t be able to validate that if either Tesla or the State tried to verify the document, so I opted to do things the legal & ethical route. Tesla needs to get a better relationship established with Texas, hopefully the new factory is a start towards that. End of rant.

Got this email today, EDD back to July

"Action Required: Complete Your Final Payment
Prioritize your delivery by providing final payment and completing your pre-delivery tasks."

Is this an indication that I will be scheduled a delivery soon? And there is no option to make a payment on my tesla account yet.
A ton of people got it. It’s meaningless. A glitch

So like many others I bit the bullet and bought an inventory car since I couldn’t wait for my original order anymore. Originally ordered MYLR blue/black/7/20”/tow on 5/23. But my current EDD was showing late July to early august. With the big inventory drop this morning I found my exact config in black paint so I went for it. My wife wanted black in the first place. I started a new order just in case I want to refuse delivery for some reason, so I’ll keep my old order til then. I called my SA and he said my original order hasn’t even begun the be built, so was looking at early august best case scenario.

The inventory vehicle is not a demo which is my strong preference. But it is transferring from CO to PA, plus it’s $500 more expensive since my original order, so that’s $2500 impatient buyer tax. I’ve come to terms with this.

SA said they couldn’t transfer financing nor could they match my original price. Oh well.

And just got my text to schedule delivery; it’ll be here 6/28. Super stoked! VIN is 206xxx.

While folks are waiting for their VIN / delivery, what accessories are you guys ordering ? Anyone going for DIY PPF / Ceramic coat here ?
Never, I've seen to many horror stories of people who tried to do it on their own. I had a professional do them both for my S down here and it turned out amazing. The prep work the shop does is worth the cost of having it done, it looked like a show car when I got it back, I can't wait to have my MCR done and see it in all its true glory!

Well, my wife and I are both expecting the date to change again, and I won't put much stock into any date until I get my VIN and have a delivery date and time set up.
You'd think the VIN would be the end of it, but I've had mine for about a week now and still no delivery date and the SA/DA's have no idea where my car is... I think its worse now then when I was still waiting for my VIN 😡🤪

Never, I've seen to many horror stories of people who tried to do it on their own. I had a professional do them both for my S down here and it turned out amazing. The prep work the shop does is worth the cost of having it done, it looked like a show car when I got it back, I can't wait to have my MCR done and see it in all its true glory!
Never saw the point in getting any of this done unless you are planning on keeping the car for long term. Otherwise waste of money IMO.

So if you have "Navigate on Autopilot" enabled and you've gone into the "Autopilot" settings and told it to change lanes without input it will. but those are settings you have to setup in the computer first. Without that you are also able to fully depress the turn signal (not the quick press that blinks 3 times then turns off) and it will check for safety and then get over for you.

Additionally I think you mentioned it getting "back over" so yes, if you have all the settings configured it will attempt to get into the fastest lane of travel regardless of being on the left or right side of passing vehicles and it will then try to get over in to the more right hand lane if its clear and no traffic impending the speed of your travel. It also learns how you like to drive... so the more you use your turn signal to drive like you would like it to, the better it gets and how it behaves. You'll probably find it to be quite odd in the behavior to start but it gets better. Also, one other thing that ill mention that my husband HATES; when you are on Navigate on Autopilot, the speed that it changes lanes is SLOW much slower then when you manually activate the turn signal to get over, no idea the logic behind this, but its normal so just know that its how it works at least for now lol

I wanted to give an update – I called this number 1-888-518-3752 and the folks there were able to work with my SC to switch out the reservations for me so I could keep my original price. Chose not to take delivery at my original location so that I could pick up the car earlier (driving from North Bay out to Stockton, CA which is around 100 miles).
I’m glad they were able to help you. They have been 10x better than my SC people and my SA.

Reactions: bbrr13
Never saw the point in getting any of this done unless you are planning on keeping the car for long term. Otherwise waste of money IMO.
A lot of it has to do with where you live too, down here in FL we have these bugs, called love bugs, genetic mutations from a college or something. Any who, they come out once a year to mate in huge massive numbers and when they smash on your paint, their guts will eat your clear coat right off if you dont wash them pretty quickly. So front clip PPF is really a must down here if you do any regular driving and dont want to wash your car every day...