Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't follow what I did. This was a tough choice. I ended up with the TANDRIVE 2PCS Silicone Key Card Holder Case in blue and black. I'm sure you can find something nicer looking and more elegant. I was looking for something that can be used at the mechanics and the body shop that doesn't look terrible and doesn't cost too much.
I'm going to go with one of these in black. I just want to have one for valet. But it looks a bit nicer. Thanks for sharing.
So i know everyone here is saying don’t make final payment until you get to car, I agree. My question is, does the online payment work right there in parking lot (I have chase bank) or am i better to bring a cashiers check?
I brought a personal check. They then initiated an ACH from the account and routing numbers.

Yes you can absolutely tell the difference, especially between 25-60+mph...No idea on top speed as I am not interested in driving 130mph on public roads
All I know is everyone in a rice burner wants to race me, and my MYLR in stock config just walks away from them. I am curious where the power band is for the acceleration upgrade, as V6 X4s are a different matter.

Reactions: digitalboi
I totally get that. It’s completely a waist for the M3 SR+ since it only charges as 32amps. My old S was a must as well for the same reasons as you mentioned, plus I was driving it about 2-300 miles a day at times and the reduction in charge time was a must. Another big reasoning for me was redundancy and aesthetics. Obv. I got the signature edition for free so cost wasn’t an issue and install was easy for me. But the convenience of being able to always have my mobile charger in the car 24/7 is a big piece of mind, kinda like always having jumper cables and a hazard kit… a new MCK was the same price as the HPWC if memory serves. With the added bonus of it just looking so clean in the garage. So now that it’s time for number two it just made perfect sense to get the second HPWC so I can run everything off the same breaker and have them load balance automatically. I’d have to install a new panel to do two 14-50 outlets since they can’t load balance and charging two cars exceeds the limits on the 6/2 wires and breaker. Also, I’m out of spots on my sub panel already and it happens to be a 150 panel, meaning I’d have to upgrade the service to it to 200, so new wires from the main and everything. Huge expense and a $hit ton of work. So it’s worth every penny of the 500 for me in this instance LOL
Totally get it and makes sense to travel with the mobile charger, though all I’ve ever used in the 9+ years of ownership is the J1772 adapter. Totally get it with load balancing, etc. As well, it’s a must for my 2016 X.

Last edited:
Reactions: und2000
Totally get it and makes sense to travel with the mobile charger, though all I’ve ever used in the 9+ years of ownership is the J1772 adapter. Totally get it with Los balancing, etc. As well, it’s a must for my 2016 X.
Do you think adding a Chademo adaptor for backup is worth it today? Or should I save the $400 and rely on the ever expanding Supercharger network? Four-hundred is kinda pricey, but it effectively gives access to Superchargers plus Electrify America (recognizing EA’s reliability challenges). It would really only come into play on long trips.

So tough on the AB. I am impulsive and want it, but it really is quite perky as is. I don’t frequently use the speed on my XP90D, but it does come in handy for merging and turning sometimes. It’s also an excellent way to scare the *sugar* out of passengers not used to EVs.

Ultimately, it’s worth it for some, not for others - no real objective measurement. I appreciate the feedback. Not sure what I will do. I like the 48 hour refund

I just kind of like the idea/model where you can buy upgrades via SW that are unique - kind of like a super expensive in app purchase!

All I know is everyone in a rice burner wants to race me, and my MYLR in stock config just walks away from them. I am curious where the power band is for the acceleration upgrade, as V6 X4s are a different matter.
alot of subies and challengers here in Colorado, I look forward to meeting them at the red lights.
3 years with my 4Runner I've just been easy on the gas haha

Do you think adding a Chademo adaptor for backup is worth it today? Or should I save the $400 and rely on the ever expanding Supercharger network? Four-hundred is kinda pricey, but it effectively gives access to Superchargers plus Electrify America (recognizing EA’s reliability challenges). It would really only come into play on long trips.
I’d say hard no chademo. Not needed because of super chargers and even Level 2s in a pinch. I’ve done a ton of road trips and never needed anything but SCs and have never seen a chademo station (of course, I wasn’t looking)…

Reactions: GoGators!
I am curious where the power band is for the acceleration upgrade,
Here is a power curve graph from the recent Plaid event. My guess is that Tesla won't be perverse in the upgrade and you will get full torque up to about 40 MPH and then torque will taper off at max HP and then HP will start to drop around 80 MPH like the recent non-Plaid vehicles in the graph.
model-s-power-curve.png

Last edited:
Reactions: und2000
I just ordered a model Y performance today in white with white interiors. I know it’s only been a day but i am already feeling inpatient :). We are in California. Wait time said 1-10 weeks. Curious how long model Y folks have waited.
There is a slight chance you’ll get lucky since end of quarter and they might have a leftover in CA that needs to be delivered before July 1. That said- folks wait many different times, I lucked out - looks like <3wks from order to delivery.

Reactions: und2000 and BitJam
I have had the original start date go from 7 to 10 weeks. Eventually this changed to June 7th to 27th. Starting May 26th the Start date started shrinking and getting pushed back, currently looking at June 24th to 30th. I completed all the tasks up to providing insurance information due to needing the VIN. Still no VIN so far, and the Delivery is Converging on End of June.
Update: Got my VIN today & as set up for a June 25th drop off at my home. Friday I will be taking a floating holiday and plan to Roadtrip Portland, OR to Seattle, WA. Should have some fun/shop when in Seattle. Probably will only be around a little longer than it takes to for the M.3 to charge.

Attachments

• 36DA02AF-8567-4805-9019-E5171F392A7A.jpeg
    36DA02AF-8567-4805-9019-E5171F392A7A.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 43
I just ordered a model Y performance today in white with white interiors. I know it’s only been a day but i am already feeling inpatient :). We are in California. Wait time said 1-10 weeks. Curious how long model Y folks have waited.
Congrats!

& look at my sig. I'll bet you'll get yours a little quicker being in Cali. & Yes I've checked Tesla's site every day until I was able to schedule Delivery. & also been in this thread seeing other's updates lol. hopefully you're not insane like me. Cant believe it's only been 10 days since I placed my order, and 15 days total before I pick up the car. Glad i went Performance cause I could not wait 3 excruciating months

Reactions: BitJam
Curious how long model Y folks have waited.
It's a very long wait for most people. Many people who ordered in April are still waiting. OTOH some people who ordered in June got their cars already. I finally bought a demo car which required me to lose the original $100 deposit. It took a lot of refreshing on Tesla's site. The low mileage demos are counted as new (you have a choice of looking for new or used cars in inventory). Oddly, in the Denver area the cars were showing up in batches around midnight.

If you get a demo it should take just a few days unless you are having it shipped to your home which takes an extra 7 to 10 days.

Reactions: elguapo
Congrats!

& look at my sig. I'll bet you'll get yours a little quicker being in Cali. & Yes I've checked Tesla's site every day until I was able to schedule Delivery. & also been in this thread seeing other's updates lol. hopefully you're not insane like me. Cant believe it's only been 10 days since I placed my order, and 15 days total before I pick up the car. Glad i went Performance cause I could not wait 3 excruciating months
I
Congrats!

Found the sig - you have good taste :)
And yes, I’m probably just as insane
QQ - what does “FSD” mean? First day here and not up on all the acronyms.

Completely random and probably covered elsewhere in some other thread, but…

You can upgrade a MYLR OTA to go from 4.8s to 4.2s 0-60 for $2,000 after you take delivery. Not great value compared to MYP, but anyone considering that?
Literally the first thing that I’m doing. $2K is a much better deal than an extra $8K for the suspension package and larger wheels. I’ve seen MYLR keep up with Performance models. It’s a great buy IMO. If you care about things like that…