Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To everyone that is frustrated with Tesla and the ever changing delivery times, poor customer service, etc...HANG IN THERE!!! Tomorrow will be the one month anniversary since I took delivery and trust me, it is worth the wait. I have driven just over 2,000 miles and the Model Y is amazing.

Unbelievably fast, check. :cool::cool::cool:🔥🔥🔥

Whisper quiet, check. 🤫🤫🤫

Handles like it is on rails, check. :cool::cool::cool:🚄🚄🚄

Laughing every time I drive by Costco and see the line of cars waiting to fill up, definite check!:p😂

I've done several appearance mods to my baby and the only thing remaining is to have the calipers painted (electric blue of course!). Here is a list of the mods that I have done so far:

Gloss Black vinyl wrap on front spoiler, below fog lights, side view mirrors, and stripe on rear trunk

80% tint on side and rear class

Gloss Black front fog light canards (Amazon)

White vinyl wrap on center caps (Ebay seller EVPartsonline)

Black T E S L A letters installed on trunk (Ebay seller EVPartsonline)

Painted frunk Tesla emblem black and de-badged rear trunk emblem and dual motor letters

AOSK rear spoiler (Amazon)

LED front footwell and puddle light swap (Amazon)

Here are a few pics on the 29 day anniversary of delivery, to me she looks better than new!
Tesla 1.jpg

Tesla 5.jpg

Tesla 3.jpg

Tesla 10.jpg
Tesla 9.jpg

Ok those lights with the logo are da bomb. Very cool. may have to add those to the cart.

To everyone that is frustrated with Tesla and the ever changing delivery times, poor customer service, etc...HANG IN THERE!!! Tomorrow will be the one month anniversary since I took delivery and trust me, it is worth the wait. I have driven just over 2,000 miles and the Model Y is amazing.

Unbelievably fast, check. :cool::cool::cool:🔥🔥🔥

Whisper quiet, check. 🤫🤫🤫

Handles like it is on rails, check. :cool::cool::cool:🚄🚄🚄

Laughing every time I drive by Costco and see the line of cars waiting to fill up, definite check!:p😂

I've done several appearance mods to my baby and the only thing remaining is to have the calipers painted (electric blue of course!). Here is a list of the mods that I have done so far:

Gloss Black vinyl wrap on front spoiler, below fog lights, side view mirrors, and stripe on rear trunk

80% tint on side and rear class

Gloss Black front fog light canards (Amazon)

White vinyl wrap on center caps (Ebay seller EVPartsonline)

Black T E S L A letters installed on trunk (Ebay seller EVPartsonline)

Painted frunk Tesla emblem black and de-badged rear trunk emblem and dual motor letters

AOSK rear spoiler (Amazon)

LED front footwell and puddle light swap (Amazon)

Here are a few pics on the 29 day anniversary of delivery, to me she looks better than new!
View attachment 678470
View attachment 678471
View attachment 678472

View attachment 678474View attachment 678473
funny enough we did about the same upgrades, and miles driven in the same amount of time lol......agreed its worth the wait and it is an amazing car

WOOT! I just got a text from Tesla saying my demo car is in transit from Colorado Springs to my home in Silver City, NM. It's scheduled to arrive on June 30th. It appears my prediction that they would sit on it for a week was wrong wrong wrong. The car was "prepped" June 22nd so a delivery on the 30th would be on the short end of their 7 to 10 day prediction.

BTW: the monsoon rains are supposed to start early next week and rain is expected every day of the week. This is great news! Here, June is usually the hottest month of the year. We've recently had temps in the 100s. The monsoon rains provide much needed water and they also act like a giant evaporative cooler. The predicted highs for next week are down over 20 degrees. The high for June 30th is predicted to be 75 degrees. Clouds usually develop during the day and then the rain comes down in the afternoon often in spectacular thunderstorms.

H'mm. I don't have a carport yet. I have a cover. Maybe I will use some camping mattresses to help protect from new car hail.

For those people who got jerked around, my heart still goes out to you. I sure hope you get some kind of compensation such as extra range. I have very few social media accounts which is why I'm not out their yelling and screaming for you.
Grats! I wonder if our cars are on the same truck? I was also told delivery 6/30, so maybe they're stopping in ABQ first and then heading to Silver City? If so, then that's a loooooong day of driving for that delivery guy. Hope he has some energy drinks!

Reactions: BitJam
Grats! I wonder if our cars are on the same truck? I was also told delivery 6/30, so maybe they're stopping in ABQ first and then heading to Silver City?
I wouldn't be surprised. Mine's a blue Model Y LR with a white interior. I was told I would hear from the driver to confirm the delivery time.

Did you get rain today? The monsoon rains started here cooling things down wonderfully to about 60 F. Rain is predicted for every day this week. I hope the weather is okay for the deliveries and I hope the truck is enclosed like the one here: Home Delivery of 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance.

I may be late to the party. I had been wondering why Tesla hated New Mexico and why it was so difficult to buy a car here and get it serviced. Then I found out yesterday the problem is that New Mexico hates Tesla. It's illegal for Tesla to sell cars here and it's even illegal for them to have SCs here. Why such hate for an American made car? This is crazy!

Phantom braking only happens with TACC for me. Never if I am in full control and you can’t AS without TACC. It’s an issue on these TV cars, but they’ll figure it out. It was an issue with radar too, just nowhere near as bad.

If I were a YouTuber, I’d post some footage, but I am not.
to be fair to TV my M3 with radar phantom breaks like a MFer right now. It has gotten so much worse. in the last month. I am wondering if they are moving away from the radar? I have two spots on the freeway where I know it will do it but the last month its happening all over the place and randomly

Update on TV for those waiting. After driving 600 miles in 4 days on highway (where it should be pretty near perfect), I can report phantom braking IS present and super annoying. Happens for no consistent reason and does happen more than my X with radar. Not sure, but it seems spooked by overpasses, big signs over highway, coming up over hills or steep descents. They’ll fix it. It’s got to be TACC related and it’s more to do with incorrectly identifying objects than distance as it is great with a car in front of it or even cutting in front.

It is MUCH better if there are cars around it than if it is by itself. Totally fine in stop and go and FSD auto lane change has been awesome.

Other weird thing, and this is a cross post, is it doesn’t “see” people or bikes anywhere near as well as my X with radar.

All will be fixed with software updates, I am sure. Since I have a glowing early opinion, felt I had to revise now.

As for the wait. It sucks. It’s unpredictable. It’s awful. And it is 100% worth it.
Oh, phantom braking is prevalent; I have an episode every 10 miles or so. Autosteer continues to be erratic, aggressively re-centering in lanes as you proceed around curves, or as seams are detected in the roadway. Both TACC and Autosteer are essentially unusable - I have to expend more concentration to make sure the car doesn't go stupid than I would with standard cruise control. Highly disappointing.

Oh, phantom braking is prevalent; I have an episode every 10 miles or so. Autosteer continues to be erratic, aggressively re-centering in lanes as you proceed around curves, or as seams are detected in the roadway. Both TACC and Autosteer are essentially unusable - I have to expend more concentration to make sure the car doesn't go stupid than I would with standard cruise control. Highly disappointing.
I don't doubt what you say. Some people have reported similar issues and others have said the auto-wipers and auto-highbeams are unusable. OTOH, Dax over on YouTube has a series of videos showing all of these things working fine on a radar-free Model Y. Dax is up in Canada. Maybe the driving conditions are different enough there to explain the discrepancy. I'd like to understand why these things seem to work fine for some folks but seem unusable to others.

Reactions: dsandhu
I don't doubt what you say. Some people have reported similar issues and others have said the auto-wipers and auto-highbeams are unusable. OTOH, Dax over on YouTube has a series of videos showing all of these things working fine on a radar-free Model Y. Dax is up in Canada. Maybe the driving conditions are different enough there to explain the discrepancy. I'd like to understand why these things seem to work fine for some folks but seem unusable to others.
Auto Steer is excellent for me, actually and if there are cars around, TACC seems to work well. Wipers work fine in rain, etc. For me, it’s just phantom braking that seems a lot worse than ever, but I am sure they will continue to refine it. I am amazed TACC works at all with no radar. To my knowledge, every other TACC implementation from other manufacturers involves radar. No idea how Tesla does it without two identical cameras up front. It will get better.

However, for now, it’s terrifying for passengers and my poor dog! :) And my wife keeps blaming me for poor driving.

What happens with TACC when other cares aren't around?
It has to “read” it’s environment rather than following traffic and, specifically, the car ahead of it. On an open highway, it will cruise at your set speed and then just suddenly slow considerably because it “sees” something OR because it doesn’t see something and, therefore, is more conservative - that’s why coming up over hills may throw it off. IDK. I just know phantom braking is far less of an issue/no issue if a car is ahead of you.

It has to “read” it’s environment rather than following traffic and, specifically, the car ahead of it. On an open highway, it will cruise at your set speed and then just suddenly slow considerably because it “sees” something OR because it doesn’t see something and, therefore, is more conservative - that’s why coming up over hills may throw it off. IDK. I just know phantom braking is far less of an issue/no issue if a car is ahead of you.
This. I had it brake the other day because a bag flew up on the highway.

Reactions: BitJam
After being told that Wednesday was delivery day, an SA reached out to me and asked if I wanted to pick up today. Well hell yeah I do. Other than a little door handle scratch (which is going to be wrapped anyways), she’s a stunner.
13C23DDF-AB9A-4853-A719-92B2DAF68F0B.jpeg
Side note, is anyone else locked out of Slacker? My “login with Tesla” says it requires Captcha verification. Odd, but probably something a call to Ownership can solve?

Yea, my wipers randomly wipe dry windshields as well, thus I don't leave auto-wipers on in dry weather. Legacy automakers have figured such things out.

Automotively, the car is great. But its sensing technology has numerous issues at the moment. I don't understand how anyone could trust FSD when they can't get what is essentially Adaptive Cruise Control to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: BitJam and dsandhu
I took my MYLR on a four lane highway over the weekend and encountered the phantom braking. If I had not read about the phenomenon on this board, I would have been scared out of my mind. It occurred as i passed under a bridge, and there was an aggrevating factor involved - a disabled vehicle on the right side of the road just beyond the bridge. I now know what to look for and how to prepare to react. The autopilot definitely is a lot less fun right now. Hoping for the fix to come soon.

Yea, my wipers randomly wipe dry windshields as well, thus I don't leave auto-wipers on in dry weather. Legacy automakers have figured such things out.

Automotively, the car is great. But its sensing technology has numerous issues at the moment. I don't understand how anyone could trust FSD when they can't get what is essentially Adaptive Cruise Control to work.

I get lots of phantom braking. Most of the time when I’m driving I’m fully aware and paying 100% attention towards driving. But once in a while ill be daydreaming lost in my thoughts and it’s really unnerving when it just slams the brakes for no reason. And of course it’s lot worse for the passengers. Wipers are ok but they don’t shut off until they’re scraping hard against the glass. I guess they like the windshield smoking hot. Auto high beams are erratic but not too too bad.

I agree with everything you said, the car is awesome to drive. It can hit 110mph with a blink of an eye and I wouldn’t know if it didn’t have a gauge, it’s that smooth. But my 2008 Escalade had automatic wipers and high-beams 13 years ago, and they worked like magic. Makes me think that Tesla is just being lazy. I’m no software engineer but why does the car need to slam on the brakes for a split second and then decide to keep going? What is it that it needs to calculate in those few milliseconds, but just those few milliseconds are enough for it to decide “it’s all good”? Feels like an easy problem to solve. Again, none of the legacy automakers have these particular issues.