Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive been holding strong to 7/20 - 08/09 ... check at least 3 times a day.. Once in the morning after 8am Eastern Time, 2pm and, 8pm.... just what I decided to do to not drive myself crazy... Today marks week #5 since order date... no change in EDD, no blue button, no nothing!! ;( and im carless.. but yesterday I ordered some 20inch Vossen Rims with some Pirelli tires and at least those will probably get here prior to the car. Just more crap to add to the stash of accessories waiting to get used.
Week #5 was kind of my obsession phase.. now i'm going on week #9 with no VIN and I'm in California. makes no sense smh

LOL reading about everyone placing a recent order and getting their Model Y is so frustrating. I ordered mine the end of April and I still don't have a VIN.. so trash

I hear ya! I ordered April 7th. Last update I got from my SA was that I got booted to mid July (and at this point, I didn't have much faith in that date). I'd bet real money that they couldn't get me my car by end of quarter so they gave my spot in line to someone closer. Luckily my SA pulled thru and found my exact config across state, so I drove out and got it this past weekend!

I'm very happy with my choice to go with an inventory car. I'd highly recommend anyone at their wit's end with waiting, to consider the same. You may have to expand your search area and be willing to travel a bit, but I'd honestly say it's worth it. Also see if your SA can help in the hunt.

My personal experience: if the inventory car has FSD but your order doesn't, they can easily remove it. If the inventory car is the exact config you ordered (irregardless of FSD) your order price will be honored. However, if the inventory car is different in any way (color, interior, tow, etc...) you'll have to pay current price.

Best of luck everyone! The wait is brutal - I would know - but it starts to become a distant memory once you finally "get the keys" 😉

I hear ya! I ordered April 7th. Last update I got from my SA was that I got booted to mid July (and at this point, I didn't have much faith in that date). I'd bet real money that they couldn't get me my car by end of quarter so they gave my spot in line to someone closer. Luckily my SA pulled thru and found my exact config across state, so I drove out and got it this past weekend!

I'm very happy with my choice to go with an inventory car. I'd highly recommend anyone at their wit's end with waiting, to consider the same. You may have to expand your search area and be willing to travel a bit, but I'd honestly say it's worth it. Also see if your SA can help in the hunt.

My personal experience: if the inventory car has FSD but your order doesn't, they can easily remove it. If the inventory car is the exact config you ordered (irregardless of FSD) your order price will be honored. However, if the inventory car is different in any way (color, interior, tow, etc...) you'll have to pay current price.

Best of luck everyone! The wait is brutal - I would know - but it starts to become a distant memory once you finally "get the keys" 😉
I dont remember how I found this site (prob from this thread somewhere) but it shows a good portion of the current Tesla inventory in the North America that are up for sale. Give it a look

Right now (6-30-21) inventory is bare for MYs

Someone may have answered already. I will check this as well. I don’t really pay much attention, and I just switched the Tesla flash drive for a Samsung SSD, so I will see what tomorrow brings.
Thank you, sir. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Some days it seems to be working just fine and other days it’s a little wonky. I’m using a SanDisk microSD reader and High Endurance microSDXC card which have solid marks from other Tesla owners so I don’t think that’s the issue.

And mostly I didn’t want to post a new comment in another thread and risk looking like an idiot. :oops:

There is NO WAY I would make a final payment until the day of delivery or at delivery. I made my payment morning of delivery of inventory car. An hour later, they cancelled delivery entirely. I spent three weeks getting them to refund my money. There is no need or requirement to pay fully before delivery (except maybe in a few states).

Tesla will try to bully you into it. Do not let them.
How did you get your money back? My entire payment went as a check from my credit union. Tesla will receive the check today and they have already removed the vin assigned to me

I would drive over to the SC and make somebody explain WTF is going on with my order.
I would if I had a car. I don’t think it would help other than just venting out. I already sold my car cos the lease was about to end and the SA promised a quick delivery in the next few days. That was more than a month back.
What pisses me off the most is that I certainly know that at least 2 people got the exact same configuration from the exact same location even though they ordered days after I did.