Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Luckily I only slipped a day to July 21-Aug 10, and really, since my order I have had "4-11 weeks", then July 19-Aug 8, July 20-Aug 9, with "September" when the glitches happen, so am putting more faith in my EDD than most, though expecting the far end of the range and not the near end. Perhaps I am just an optimist, haha!

One question for the "old hands" here: being in Michigan, I am used to the factories shutting down periodically. Does Tesla do that? I know production runs may change from one model to another, but do they ever actually stop? I'm guessing since they tried to NOT stop even for a pandemic, the answer is likely "no".

You’ll lose a lot of good info (and people) if you do that. Typically, there isn’t a new thread for every quarter. That would be super confusing. Especially because many folks wait more than a quarter. So, I’d advise not to do that, but, of course, you’re free to create as many threads as you’d like.

If folks are just jumping in, it’s easy to start from the newest page. And if they want some history, they can always look back. No one is required to start on page 1.
I disagree. People need to start at page one like those of us OG's. Just kidding but there is a lot of info there and if someone starts a new thread that will be lost like you say

Happy Day 1 of Q3. May the odds be ever in your favor! Let this be the Q of zillions of VINs and deliveries and no glitches on EDD!
Yes, happy new Q day! Last Q was pretty wild, lots of unexpected movement - anything related to COVID, I guess that's par for the course. This past quarter we saw bigger battery, removal of pass lumbar adjustment, removal of radar, nerfed AP, semi-restored AP...and I'm probably missing one or two other things.

What do you think we'll see this Q?

Last edited:
I want to hear from @digitalboi on whether they are hooking him up or they are pushing him back more.
Ditto. At this point I just hope Tesla doesn't get spiteful, and delay him more for complaining to media/social media. Though, seriously though, what do they expect when you jerk people around to hit a certain arbitrary number (200K?).

Yes, happy new Q day! Last Q was pretty wild, lots of unexpected movement - anything related to COVID, I guess that's par for the course. This past quarter we saw bigger battery, removal of pass lumbar adjustment, removal of radar, nerfed AP, semi-restored AP...and I'm probably missing one or two other things.

What do you think we'll see this Q?
I think you will see Tesla announce a range increase to the new Model Y's, I think we will see some Model Y's come out of Giga TX. I also think you will see Tesla Vision cars see their AP speed increase back up to the 90 mph mark. I think Giga Berlin progress will be more Q4, it seems like there is more red tape there. I think thats what we will see in Q3.

**Edit to add that I don't think we will see much about the 4680 cells, I think that is a 2022 thing. But that is more my opinion, and I haven't been follow the 4680 cells as much, except that they keep getting pushed back for obvious reasons, hence why the Cyber Truck has been a quiet subject.

Anyone else willing to admit they have read all 15,205 posts on this thread? Or is that just me. I may have a problem. We may have a problem. Something about knowing we all have something so similar in common makes it fun to keep checking in on this thread throughout every day.
I get caught up and then don't read for awhile and will then find myself 20pages behind. I've skipped some when that happens. My dates were rock solid at July 16-Aug 2 for a couple weeks but moved back by a week today. Kinda bummed

Here are a couple of pics.
Image 1: Car looks cool. I had rented a nissan armada and also drove my brothers Audi Q7 just a few days back. After that the model y seems smaller. Definitely bigger than my cx5.
Image 2: There is a gap in the passenger seat and it's black plastic back. It is quite noticeable and I was able to insert 3 fingers in it.
Image 3, 4, 5: The alignment is not perfect and gaps are bigger than expected. Do I need to be worried about these?
Image 6: There was water in the tail light.
Gaps in mine feel larger than necessary. But i figured it’s fine as long as they’re mostly even all the way across.

Hey all! Just signed up here but have been viewing for a while now - I made a quick video on how I need up getting my Model 3 way faster than the OG delivery date - turns out the website is super flawed, worked for me and could work for others! I originally ordered on June 2nd and it kept going from June 29th to 9-13 weeks and all over - Anyway, I found a car on the 21st and had it delivered to the house on the 25th!! Side note: I do have a few paint peels that are getting fixed but the car I found came straight from the Fremont factory and was created 1 day before I ordered it!

Hopefully this is helpful, feel free to ask any questions, super excited on my M3LR, I've already done a TON of mods and will be posting videos on all of them!

• Informative
Reactions: iratre
Gaps in mine feel larger than necessary. But i figured it’s fine as long as they’re mostly even all the way across.
That's exactly how they are on mine! The gaps are almost consistent but too wide. It feels as if they made all the panels smaller. especially noticeable on the doors. Not sure if they made the panels smaller for cost cutting or attached them far apart to make the car bigger :)

Here are a couple of pics.
Image 1: Car looks cool. I had rented a nissan armada and also drove my brothers Audi Q7 just a few days back. After that the model y seems smaller. Definitely bigger than my cx5.
Image 2: There is a gap in the passenger seat and it's black plastic back. It is quite noticeable and I was able to insert 3 fingers in it.
Image 3, 4, 5: The alignment is not perfect and gaps are bigger than expected. Do I need to be worried about these?
Image 6: There was water in the tail light.

The black roof is a dust magnet. It came clean and within a few hours I could see a layer of dust already. Car is parked in a gated garage but there is ventilation window right in front of the car, probably that's why.

I kept an amazon box in the trunk and I was able to easily see inside through the rear glass. Can someone please recommend a trunk cover or something to keep my stuff safe.

I haven't done a full inspection yet as today was really tiring. Hopefully I will be able to do it tomorrow morning.
Pretty. Sometimes I wished I got the blue, but then again, the birds will disrespect it no matter the color, lol (it is a daily event, so I've had to subscribe to a car wash place.)

Reactions: noob_hunter_gu