Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How in the heck did I order 5/17, ship to NY and now with an EDD end of September. Folks near (PA, OH) me still at least have July to hope for! What the heck??????
In fairness it’s flipped to September a few times, and the date is meaningless until there’s a car in my driveway. I wouldn’t put too much focus on it (easier said than done).

Ordered: 6/18
Config: MY LR, MSM, 19", No options

My order page shows no estimated delivery date but some "insight" from SA:
"Right now it looks like the ETA on my end is showing late August or early September. Normally it would show on your account but we’ve seen it come and go as they fix the glitch that showed everyone including people delivering tomorrow as September deliveries!
I don't think this is exactly news, but it looks like they are possibly doing some cleanup related to everyone getting September EDD about a week ago...

Reactions: cancoi
I hope you get an answer.

We are on such similar situation...my initial delivery was scheduled for 06/29 and was taken away. Now new similar VIN and September EDD.
This thread will be the first place I come to as soon as I find out anything... Hoping like heck it happens and I dont have to make any more calls...

Pinged online support for any inclination on what’s up with having a VIN but September EDD. Was able to confirm car was built but has not yet left the factory. A better EDD estimate will be provided once it has left the factory, but still some uncertainty as to when that will happen…
Thats kinda what the SA said to me... he could see that it had completed production but no update on transport... which is worrisome because its EXACTLY the same line I was getting last go-around when they "couldn't find" my car until the very last week when it was supposed to arrive but then got ripped away from my loving arms and tossed to some strangers

What does receiving this text in relation to my edd? Should I get excited?

Tesla Update - Hi *****, Tesla Delivery Team here. Please reply with "ASAP" to confirm you want to take delivery as soon as the car is ready or reply with the month you will be ready. We will also be offering a contact-less home delivery when the vehicle is available. Please reply back to confirm the delivery address and parking.
Address: ().
Parking: Where should we park the Tesla ? Driveway or street parking.
sounds like you have your reservation on hold and they are trying to get you to take delivery... I used to get txts like that from them all the time when I had my reservation on hold... ESP towards the end of the Q... sometimes they would even call me

Ordered: 6/18
Config: MY LR, MSM, 19", No options

My order page shows no estimated delivery date but some "insight" from SA:

I don't think this is exactly news, but it looks like they are possibly doing some cleanup related to everyone getting September EDD about a week ago...
Interesting news... I hadn't heard anyone actually call it a glitch yet. The chat agent and the SA I spoke to both said it didn't make sense but they never acknowledged that there was an issue with the site. That could make a lot of sense though for those of us that have a VIN already. I still think its the logistics team not updating our accounts with the current delivery information and thats why the EDD is at September... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: PatrickTM
Thats kinda what the SA said to me... he could see that it had completed production but no update on transport... which is worrisome because its EXACTLY the same line I was getting last go-around when they "couldn't find" my car until the very last week when it was supposed to arrive but then got ripped away from my loving arms and tossed to some strangers
Yeah same story for me too last time. That’s why I’m a healthy skeptic at this point…

Did you check and see what KBB/Tesla would've given you for the Elantra? My 2010 Infiniti G37xS has 127k on it and what I am getting (offered) from Tesla is w/i a couple hundred of the local dealers and Carmax. I have sold two cars direct private party and tried to sell a late model truck before I gave up and never will again. Maybe that's just my luck...

Tesla was at least competitive on a car that is now mostly being sold "at cost" on the basis of materials.

Point is - if you're trying to off-load a car you've already driven into the ground, it might be worth the 12x test drives from craigslist buyers versus selling a Ford Raptor or i3 thats still worth a pretty penny.
I’m sure my location, south Florida, and it’s newness had a lot to do with the pricing, but my MY SR was bought by a buyer for a dealer in Georgia. I didn’t remove it from my account right away and I sold it Friday morning and it was in GA early Saturday morning.

KBB said my Elantra was possibly worth more than I sold it for, but I would have felt guilty selling it for more than 5k. And that was to the first guy who showed up! Go figure. Originally I’d offered it for $3500, but pulled the ad when I was swamped with full price offers sight unseen. Facebook marketplace generated a lot of interest.

All I’m saying is I’d try to sell it myself before selling to Tesla, Carvana, Carmax or Vroom, etc. The price of used cars is crazy.

Back on point - I don’t think I’ll see my new Tesla before September. The Mach-E got the Car and Driver EV of the year award. I’ve driven both and admit the Mach-E is a stellar first EV for Ford, but other than its “feel at home” interior design I didn’t find it compelling. I think C&D is too ICE oriented.

Reactions: EVHokie07
Ordered a MY LR back in February. Put it on hold and then finally put it through in late June. I don’t have an EDD or anything else about my order. I’m in the ultimate Tesla limbo.

I’ve been reading this thread and I’m interested to know why anyone would trade in a car with Tesla? I don’t see that being a good deal for any purchaser.

Case in point: Between February and late June I ordered and received a MY SR black on black on black. When I realized I could make money by selling my SR I submitted it as a trade in for the LR. They offered me about $35K. I ended up selling it for $54.5K to a dealership. $6K pure profit for me after driving it for over a month (1420 miles).

Also, after receiving my SR I sold my 10 year old Elantra with 133K miles for $5K. The market is fantastic for used cars right now. Don’t trade your car in to Tesla. You can get more on the open market.
Tesla was within $100 of CarMax offer. Hyundai SUV in great shape, less than 30k miles. The tax savings make trading it in a no brainer. But the offers keep expiring as I wait so hopefully I'll have better info and solid offers when I know I'll get the Y.