Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well - it looks like I get to join the lunacy here. Brand new to the forum ordered last week and now the long march toward September or (hopefully not) beyond!
Welcome!

Don't despair. There are PLENTY of threads to read, really. There are many posts here with great info about just anything you want to find out. It'll make time fly to go through some of the threads.

Where in MI will you get delivery, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m using the new Grand Rapids site and they are great, but seems like they don’t expect to see cars much before August.
I'll pick it up in Clarkston. My SA said the car is still in CA and he expects it to be here in 1.5-2 weeks. I hope he's right but I believe it when I see the car haha

Reactions: dogma and und2000
WAIT WHAT?! so you have a VIN of 230 and you have an actual delivery date scheduled too??!!!

There are quite a few of us that have early orders that had (and removed) VIN's with new older VINs and still no EDD!
My EDD shows 07/20-26 which matches the 1.5-2 weeks my SA told me.
Car is apparently still at the Fremont factory.
What's a "new" VIN btw? I don't follow the numbers to closely, ist 230 old?

Reactions: und2000
LOL gratz! its probably one of the thousands sitting on the lot waiting… 234 is way older than mine… that seems odd 🧐
VINs are not necessarily assigned sequentially. There could be batch 220XXX-240XXX running concurrently with a 255XXX-270XXX batch, for example. VINs just give you a general idea of when built but only the Mfr. Date will tell you when exactly it was produced

Reactions: PatrickTM
Are you referring to the backlog from May? or another backlog?
No, meaning when i spoke to my SA today he said my MY which completed production about a week ago has been sitting on the lot in Fremont and is scheduled to leave on the 11th. There are about 5 others i believe that got similar time estimates on their orders today. 255 were the oldest VINs reported in that batch so far, there were newer cars and now it looks like this guy got a 234 which is much older than my 255… so if my 255 has been sitting for a week think how long his 234 has been sitting around…
I can’t check as I’m on a mobile but I’m sure someone can look at the spreadsheet and see what the oldest delivered VIN is and I’m sure we had some in the 234 range already

VINs are not necessarily assigned sequentially. There could be batch 220XXX-240XXX running concurrently with a 255XXX-270XXX batch, for example. VINs just give you a general idea of when built but only the Mfr. Date will tell you when exactly it was produced
I agree they may not be assigned sequentially but we’ve got tons of data showing the VIN sequence matches the build order.

I think its more likely that there was a car sitting waiting for pickup that the buyer backed out of finally and it popped up for reassignment.

Someone needs to look at the spreadsheet to see for sure where the last VIN delivery number stands

I just want to say that this thread alone has kinda turned out to be a wiki. I get lot of information here. I rarely check other threads anymore. Thanks to all who are actively sharing information.

Side note: I requested my order to be on hold until 08/01. But, my SA released the hold on it on 07/01 without informing me. I randomly checked my order on the website only to find that it has been released. I called him up and he argued with me saying that I requested for hold only until 07/01. I ended up convincing him that it is 08/01 by showing him my signature on this forum 😆. Also, he first mentioned that I can comfortably hold for 6mo and he can push beyond that if required (I was optimistic about fed rebates and also in the middle of a mortgage application). Now, he says he can only hold until 08/01 due to demand (which seems illogical to me). And at this point, all I need to convince him is to at least hold until my mortgage application is finished. I think I am no longer gonna wait for the tax credits.
I thought this thread = TMC forum 😂

If I ever receive a car, someone will need to point me to where else to go on this forum.

So just refreshed my page and the EDD has updated final… showing 7/24-31 which lines up with what the SA told me today… though I REALLY hope its not delayed till the 31st…

Anyone else with a VIN move out of the Sept. EDD to something more firm?
Mine just updated and is now saying july 23 to 29th instead of the September