Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this quarter is like last quarter (according to the tracker) we should see some more VINs come out later this week and next 2 weeks and then see a lull for a week or two then a huge push.

But they had the containment hold in Q2 so we may not see that lull?
I mean, yes there shouldn't be a lull, however it always seems like production/delivery slows down the first month of every quarter, picks up steam the second month, and things go batshit crazy in the final month (final two weeks in particular, when tons of deliveries are made). What's the lull for? Employee PTO that they try to take together to lessen impact to production? HEPA filter retooling? Supposedly there are hundreds of under the hood, unseen changes to improve manufacturing efficiency each quarter during first few years of Model 3. Maybe fewer changes to Model Y since it's already a more efficient/cheaper Model 3 from a manufacturing perspective.

My anecdotal indicator of a slowdown in Tesla deliveries is the number of new members joining the Current Delivery Times thread and number of pages of new posts per day haha. When deliveries were high people were leaving this thread in droves. Now that deliveries have slowed new members and new posts skyrocket. I think we're looking at 9-10 pages of new posts per day in this thread lol

Logged in just now to check my EDD and saw this message. Nearly sh*t myself. Sadly, it took me to the standard page showing the same EDD once I clicked it.

View attachment 684071
Well I just received this text! 😳 I guess that landing page does mean something. What’s weird is I haven’t been assigned a VIN. What’s equally weird is I never opted to take home delivery. I need to call my SA to have it shipped to the dealership instead.

Attachments

• 9D76CC7B-AB2C-417C-91F3-A51A4D9088B7.jpeg
    9D76CC7B-AB2C-417C-91F3-A51A4D9088B7.jpeg
    515.2 KB · Views: 92
Well I just received this text! 😳 I guess that landing page does mean something. What’s weird is I haven’t been assigned a VIN. What’s equally weird is I never opted to take home delivery. I need to call my SA to have it shipped to the dealership instead.
All the cars are shipped to the DC, but some DCs are way over-capacity and cannot accommodate in-person deliveries, so they send an employee to drive your car to your house. It's unfortunate that they don't communicate, and change it up without asking. It's in the forums that we find this info. Please update if you're able to get it changed back to in-person delivery and what their policies are for switching back to in-person.

Weekly check in… tomorrow will be 12 weeks. I think if I hadn’t already installed the wall charger I would be looking elsewhere at this point 😂.

4/21 order, EDD is July 16th-Aug 5th (don’t believe it though, just how jaded I am now). MYLR White with Black interior, 7 seater, no tow, no FSD. Delivering to Reno.
See you next week for week 13!
April!!

Reactions: boulder.dude
If this quarter is like last quarter (according to the tracker) we should see some more VINs come out later this week and next 2 weeks and then see a lull for a week or two then a huge push.

But they had the containment hold in Q2 so we may not see that lull?
that's what I'm thinking, we should see a ton of deliveries I feel like right around late Jul/early Aug

Weekly check in… tomorrow will be 12 weeks. I think if I hadn’t already installed the wall charger I would be looking elsewhere at this point 😂.

4/21 order, EDD is July 16th-Aug 5th (don’t believe it though, just how jaded I am now). MYLR White with Black interior, 7 seater, no tow, no FSD. Delivering to Reno.
See you next week for week 13!
dang....you know what they say though on the "other side"...the wait was worth it!!! hang in there

Reactions: PatrickTM
Happy Tuesday y'all!

Ordered 6/20. EDD has been moving around but is now moving in the other direction. Was mid August to early September, moved to late August to mid September, moved back to mid August/early Sept which was exciting but now moved to early-mid September to late September.

I'm in SoCal, MYLR. Obviously want it sooner, but I quickly accepted an "it'll get here when it gets here" mentality - sure as hell doesn't stop me from checking every morning though LOL.

Just hoping it gets here before end of quarter. No hard timelines I need to stick to though.

Hey, guys!

Been lurking for a minute, so I thought I'd join in.

I ordered a MYLR, White/White, 20", 5 seats, FSD, no tow on 7/7. Delivery date is obviously all over the place in the week since I ordered, and it currently shows September 17-30.

I'm thinking about going ahead and having my wall charger installed soon, but then I'll have to look at it every day and know that it won't be put to use anytime in the near future.

Not putting anything into this other than it might be interesting. Darker area is the dates which have remained constant in my EDD via Tesla website. On July 9 my SA told me he can see more specific info on the EDD than I can, and he said I should expect delivery the week of Aug 23. Which if you go by my Venn diagram method of EDD's falls in the range of what I've been seeing.

We'll see how accurate this may be whenever I take delivery. For me it's not about when I get the Tesla, but more about when I can seriously start entertaining offers on my trade in. Aligning all of the moving parts is where a floating EDD makes it difficult.

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 2.32.29 PM.png