Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this has been mentioned. I try to keep up on this thread....

Be sure to confirm your manufacturer/financial arm (Honda, GM, Ford, etc.) will allow you to trade in or sell to a 3rd party (e.g. Tesla, Carmax, etc.). I'm coming from an Acura and was all set in my profile to trade-in and had positive equity, but now Honda/Acura are blocking all 3rd parties. Also my EDD is still October and I wonder how to remove my trade-in from my profile...
To clarify....lease trade-ins / buyouts.

Just had my first positive experience with a Tesla SA...well my first experience at all. Tried calling the Tyco SC again today, no answer and today the voice mail was full. Called the Richmond SC, and immediately got connected with an extremely helpful SA who reassured me that while it is going slow it, it is actually going. Despite not being the SC that I listed when I ordered, he was extremely courteous and looked up my order on their internal system. He said, with the caveat that it could change and he didn't want to get me overly excited, that a car is scheduled to be built at the end of this month with tentative delivery period of 22 Aug.

I then asked him if I could switch where I got my car delivered so that I could work through him. He politely chuckled and said that it wasn't worth it. He told me that I can call him any time if I have any questions or issues, even though Tyco SC is where my order is through.

I also asked about the switching from cash on the profile to third party finance once the delivery is closer, he said that I would be silly not to given how far away the delivery period is and that I should call him the day of delivery (so nothing funky happens as mentioned by other posters earlier with the delivery getting cancelled because a change in the profile) and he would take care of it for me.

I have to say, with how frustrated I was getting about Tesla's customer service, this young man dramatically increased my faith in the business just by answering the phone and being helpful. Highly encourage anybody else struggling with Tyco to give Richmond a call if they have any questions.
Good review of Tysons SC vs Richmond SC.
I've been to both. Tysons is chaotic, swamped and seems disorganized. Richmond is calm, much less traffic and better organized. My order is attached to Tysons and I've thought about switching. Appreciate the info.

This company is charging for an emotional rollercoaster ride.

I ordered 4/10, got the VIN on May 28. Told the car was "still in the rail yard" week after week. Got the text to schedule delivery on 6/24. Scheduled for 6/29. Went to add the insurance on 6/25 and saw the date changed to 7/7 at 8 pm. Called the showroom. Was told it was still in the rail yard. 7/6 called to see how delivery works since ours was scheduled for after hours. Was told the car was "still in the rail yard." Moved the pick-up date to 7/16 at 8 pm.

Called today to see how after-hours worked. Was told the car was set to arrive today. Great. Wasn't excited yet. Got a call about 2 hours later that my husband and I could come to get it! Now getting really excited! Told other Tesla friends. We called the insurance company and added the vehicle. 3 minutes after doing that got a call that the car has a scratch in it!!!!!

it's going to be another week.

It’s crazy to see how different everyone’s customer service experience is. Through everything my SA has been awesome, always answers email quickly, calls if I need him to, answered any questions I had so far
Where is NY are you picking up? I am picking up in Smithtown and while I deal with an “operations advisor” via Email, I do not have her direct line. So everytime I call, I get a new person. I am jealous of those who have SA’s who text as well.

It’s crazy to see how different everyone’s customer service experience is. Through everything my SA has been awesome, always answers email quickly, calls if I need him to, answered any questions I had so far
I have had the same experience. My S/A answers my text within an hour. Same with phone calls. Tesla should really monitor this. It’s not that hard to have everyone operate this way.

Reactions: doomsday997
Maybe my problem is that I ordered online and don’t have a SA. Decided to go ahead and complete the financing today. Hopefully that makes a difference. Ordered a MYLR midnight silver metallic, 5-seater, white seats with a tow hitch June 3rd and I have an EDD of October SMH.
I ordered mine online and never test drove the car. Tesla Las Vegas text me with a thank you note about 24hrs after my order. Also if you call and ask your local Tesla they should have a SA assigned to you. I still don't have a VIN and ordered mine on 7/6 and had a SA call me to introduce himself.

I ordered 4/10, got the VIN on May 28. Told the car was "still in the rail yard" week after week. Got the text to schedule delivery on 6/24. Scheduled for 6/29. Went to add the insurance on 6/25 and saw the date changed to 7/7 at 8 pm. Called the showroom. Was told it was still in the rail yard. 7/6 called to see how delivery works since ours was scheduled for after hours. Was told the car was "still in the rail yard." Moved the pick-up date to 7/16 at 8 pm.

Called today to see how after-hours worked. Was told the car was set to arrive today. Great. Wasn't excited yet. Got a call about 2 hours later that my husband and I could come to get it! Now getting really excited! Told other Tesla friends. We called the insurance company and added the vehicle. 3 minutes after doing that got a call that the car has a scratch in it!!!!!

so sorry to hear your rollercoaster ride on this!

Maybe my problem is that I ordered online and don’t have a SA. Decided to go ahead and complete the financing today. Hopefully that makes a difference. Ordered a MYLR midnight silver metallic, 5-seater, white seats with a tow hitch June 3rd and I have an EDD of October SMH.
From what I'm seeing here, it seems 50-50 whether someone gets an SA assigned. Super weird.

I ordered online and didn't have an SA until after the fact. A few days later, he reached out after I did an online chat (had a question about my trade). Maybe if you try the chat, one will be assigned to you (if you even still need one).

Reactions: und2000

I don't know if I could handle all that! Stay strong!

Reactions: erindayhaw
From what I'm seeing here, it seems 50-50 whether someone gets an SA assigned. Super weird.

I ordered online and didn't have an SA until after the fact. A few days later, he reached out after I did an online chat (had a question about my trade). Maybe if you try the chat, one will be assigned to you (if you even still need one).
Agree on this -- chat is helpful telling you who your SA is if you don't know (I didn't until I learned through this)

Reactions: PatrickTM