Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed in my new Model Y that my center console is different than what is in the manual. There is no way to string a charge cord to my phone like it instructsin the manual. There are two USB C connectors inside the console so I can charge if I drop the phone into the cavity . However, my daughter noticed that her phone started charging when placed on the console so it appears that there is some sort of wireless charge feature??? The wireless charging was extremely slow on her iphone About 2% increase in 30 minutes. I'm going to play around some more with it.View attachment 684854
That was updated earlier this year. That flat area is a wireless charging pad.

Reactions: indianajns
Just noticed in my new Model Y that my center console is different than what is in the manual. There is no way to string a charge cord to my phone like it instructsin the manual. There are two USB C connectors inside the console so I can charge if I drop the phone into the cavity . However, my daughter noticed that her phone started charging when placed on the console so it appears that there is some sort of wireless charge feature??? The wireless charging was extremely slow on her iphone About 2% increase in 30 minutes. I'm going to play around some more with it.View attachment 684854
Did you place the phone on the felt pads? If so, yes those are wireless chargers (but I don't know the speed). For wired charging you have 2 USB C connectors inside the storage cubby and 2 in the back of the center console (near the air vents).

Did you place the phone on the felt pads? If so, yes those are wireless chargers (but I don't know the speed). For wired charging you have 2 USB C connectors inside the storage cubby and 2 in the back of the center console (near the air vents).
Yes. It charges when placed on the felt pads. Very cool feature. Surprised that the manual was not updated to show this. I spent more than a few minutes trying to find the location to string the charging cords as directed in the manual :)

Yes. It charges when placed on the felt pads. Very cool feature. Surprised that the manual was not updated to show this. I spent more than a few minutes trying to find the location to string the charging cords as directed in the manual :)
Are you looking at online manual or in the car? Online looks updated to me. Would be odd to not have the in car one updated, but I can't check because I have EDDitis. https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_y_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

I am curious on this as well. So far I have only gotten an email from someone at my delivery SC after finishing financing but they never responded to my follow up…
@thewhitewolf I recommend reaching out to Tesla chat (if you ordered online) and ask who your SA is if you don't already know. If you ordered from a SC, they should be able to tell you who your SA is

@digitalboi I'm curious how you got them to do home delivery. This week has been a rollercoaster, going from September to VINless to October to a 3rd VIN to a delivery window that is becoming ever so closer and potentially over the one week we'll be on vacation this summer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and look forward to seeing your pics when you see your new MY!

Model Y LR White: 19” wheels no tow package. Ordered 7/5 and NJ announced incentives starting 7/6 ☹️. EDD 8/17 to 9/6 and been changing almost everyday. Question - how late in the cycle can I add FSD? Does adding it impact EDD?
Adding FSD can be done at any point. It won’t impact delivery. You should be able to add or remove on the reservation page or an SA can do it.
Incentives for EVs are usually based off of delivery dates, but check the state laws.

Our situation is worse, we're both anxious, we both had Teslas and we both detest driving our sole remaining ICE until the MY7 gets here 🤣

We were not driving the ICE at all, to the point that we were concerned the gas in it would break down and destroy the fuel lines (yes, this does happen), and now that we drive the crap out of it (500+ miles/week) we are appalled at the price of gas! And it's not just the price but after not dealing with ICE for ~3 years, having to take time to go to the gas station seems so unnatural (and we hate the smells).

I would argue that it's also worse when you know what and how the car drives and how it betters your experience as it relates to personal transportation. We got very used to the EV Life™ and miss it tremendously. For all you first-time Tesla owners, boy are you in for a surprise! There's stuff that you just can't comprehend until after you've lived with these cars for a while.

How are the fees on a refi?
I have a Honda Clarity (plug-in hybrid) and lots of folks have the same concern; with a 47 mile range unless you have a long commute you can go weeks or even months w/o the ICE engine cutting in and people worry about gas sitting in the tank idle forever. In fact, Honda 'forces' the ICE engine on every now and then just to make sure it gets relubricated and moves some gas around. I absolutely LOVE that car, but it's just a gateway drug to a Tesla.

Honestly, if mine gets pushed to end of September, I may just wait until October since Tesla has started rolling out next year's Model in Q4 the last 2 years.

Although, putting your order on Hold may leave you just as likely a January delivery date than an October one so....
I'm thinking the same way. I threw my hat in the ring two days ago figuring it'd be October by default. I'm not sure another extension would be as long because sooner or later Texas will be taking some of the load. I'll just wait until I get a VIN and I know they're serious and see how things are looking then for upgrades, tax credits/rebates, etc. If I like what I see I'll apply for my loan, if I don't, I'll put it on hold. I really don't think recycling will be as catastrophic by then as new capacity comes on line.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Maybe my problem is that I ordered online and don’t have a SA. Decided to go ahead and complete the financing today. Hopefully that makes a difference. Ordered a MYLR midnight silver metallic, 5-seater, white seats with a tow hitch June 3rd and I have an EDD of October SMH.
Gratz! what's your vin? does it have bio mode?

For anyone that:

1.) Has the flexibility to sell without a guaranteed delivery date
2.) Is worried about the car they've had for 7 years/127k miles won't continue to be re-appraised at the same value in the face of a 120-day replacement estimate

Here is some speculation on how long that jalopy might retain its value as the Tesla offers continue to expire every month...

"I think we should see a little bit of relief [in high prices of used cars] by the end of the third quarter...." Source

How many people wish tesla would do something like this with estimated dates?
53C7346F-2B4D-47BC-818A-CE8F289BE107.jpeg