Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's what's happened since I received the car on 6/24.

Week 1: PPF - Xpel Ultimate Plus. Partial hood, full front bumper, all doors edge guards, rocker panels front to back, rear splash areas, lights, mirrors.
Tint - Xpel Ceramic XR+. Windows & rear 35%, Roof & Windshield 70%
Ceramic Coating - Xpel Fusion full vehicle including wheels.
Xpel Dallas corporate location did a good job.

Week 2: RPM Tesla accessories - Rim savers (not so good), mud flaps (highly recommend), trunk sill plate covers (good), rear air vent covers (crap).
Tesmanian - Full mat set (decent, not as good as all-weather mats I've used before with Sonata/Avalon/CRV/Infiniti), performance foot pedals (good), jack pads (they do their job).
Abstract Ocean - Roof noise reduction kit (I think it works, placebo effect??), second row seat back covers (highly recommend for anyone with pets).
Amazon - Spigen tempered glass protector matte (highly recommend), Luumtee 2 piece front & arm console organizers (good), Tescamp headrest pillow white (highly recommend for comfort as well as keeping headrest clean if you have oily skin/hair), KMMotors arm console cover diamond black (good), basenor door latch covers (good).

Week 3: Texas Tax - Tesla paperwork arrived, took about 15 minutes to pay the tax at the local tax assessor office, got permanent plates, and 1yr inspection sticker. $4600+ ouch! Had ordered a custom plate 2 weeks ago but it's yet to arrive. Can't wait for that, my first splurge on a plate given that regular plates in TX are lifetime. Hopefully it makes people chuckle and reduces their likelihood to road rage.
Tesla Service Appointments - two mobile visits so far. One to clean the interior lining in several spots that were dirty at point of delivery, second to swap out the key cards that were warped at time of delivery as well. Both were treated as warranty items and the techs were on time & super courteous.

unnamed.png

Happy to see MYP in second. My fiancée and I do some long trips up to NorCal to see our families and she has a MYLR on order, she’s convinced we will always have to use hers to make those trips but as far as I have been able to tell, the difference is relatively marginal as long as they are being driven similarly.
Apparently the Model 3 was going to come in second, but the Model Y team unplugged earlier at the last charging stop and sped off to the finish line, lol. Still a podium sweep for Team Tesla.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I'm totally with you on that. Here is my EDD history from order date of 6/3. It sure is a roller coaster ride.

6/5 - Aug 5 to Aug 25 ;
6/7 - Aug 3 to Aug 23 ;
6/9 - Aug 5 to Aug 25 ;
6/11 - Aug 16 to Sep 5 ;
6/12 - Aug 5 to Aug 25 ;
6/13 - Aug 2 to Aug 22 ;
6/14 - Aug 4 to Aug 24 ;
6/15 - September ;
6/16 - Jul 30 to Aug 19 ;
6/17 - September ;
6/18 - Jul 30 to Aug 19 ;
6/19 - Jul 31 to Aug 20 ;
6/24 - Jul 29 to Aug 18 ;
6/26 - Aug 3 to Aug 23 ;
6/27 - Aug 1 to Aug 21 ;
6/28 - Jul 30 to Aug 19 ;
7/1 - Aug 9 to Aug 29 ;
7/3 - Aug 8 to Aug 28 ;
7/8 - Jul 22 to Aug 11 ;
7/10 - Aug 11 to Aug 31 ;
7/11 - Jul 31 to Aug 20 ;
7/12 - Aug 26 to Sep 15 ;
7/13 - Aug 31 to Sep 20 ;
7/14 - Aug 17 to Sep 6 ;
7/15 - Jul 28 to Aug 15 ;
7/16 - Aug 8 to Aug 28 ;
Looks like we are rolling together with similar EDD 🤣. VIN any day now.

WOW another date update that is 3 today after I got the VIN it changed to October now it just updated again with a 07/16-07/22 EDD. Now I am getting excited!
thats what mine went to yesterday, then I had an update last night showing the VIN, and then once sorted with the insurance got to schedule the delivery today - have you gone touchless or are you picking it up from W Sahara?

Anybody knows how long it takes for the train from California to Chicago? I believe Tesla ships with UP to Chicago.
My SA pinged my car on Monday in Nevada and today it's still on the way to Chicago.
If I use my favorite search engine it tells me less than 3 days from CA to Chicago, but that is probably without any stops...

Reactions: djrevanew
I'm totally with you on that. Here is my EDD history from order date of 6/3. It sure is a roller coaster ride.

6/5 - Aug 5 to Aug 25 ;
6/7 - Aug 3 to Aug 23 ;
6/9 - Aug 5 to Aug 25 ;
6/11 - Aug 16 to Sep 5 ;
6/12 - Aug 5 to Aug 25 ;
6/13 - Aug 2 to Aug 22 ;
6/14 - Aug 4 to Aug 24 ;
6/15 - September ;
6/16 - Jul 30 to Aug 19 ;
6/17 - September ;
6/18 - Jul 30 to Aug 19 ;
6/19 - Jul 31 to Aug 20 ;
6/24 - Jul 29 to Aug 18 ;
6/26 - Aug 3 to Aug 23 ;
6/27 - Aug 1 to Aug 21 ;
6/28 - Jul 30 to Aug 19 ;
7/1 - Aug 9 to Aug 29 ;
7/3 - Aug 8 to Aug 28 ;
7/8 - Jul 22 to Aug 11 ;
7/10 - Aug 11 to Aug 31 ;
7/11 - Jul 31 to Aug 20 ;
7/12 - Aug 26 to Sep 15 ;
7/13 - Aug 31 to Sep 20 ;
7/14 - Aug 17 to Sep 6 ;
7/15 - Jul 28 to Aug 15 ;
7/16 - Aug 8 to Aug 28 ;
To be fair, your current EDD is remarkably close to the original EDD from back in early June. It's like if you just slept for a month and half and ignored the roller coaster ride, nothing would've really changed. The real fun starts when you get a VIN assigned and pray that Lord Elon doesn't take your VIN away.

I also have a scheduled delivery on 7/22 (Paramus NJ) and my MVPA also says 15 miles. Do they drive all cars 15 mile before shipping?
VIN 228xxx
If you've bought any other new cars in recent decades, it'll all be the same. 15 miles listed on the MVPA regardless of actual odometer reading. Your actual odometer reading may be higher or lower. Remember that the odometer rolls forward as the vehicle rolls down the assembly line, which can be quite long. Then it gets driven a little bit to test and shakedown. Then driven to a holding lot. Then driven to logistics lot. Then driven onto a truck. Possibly driven again to another truck or train, possibly driven some more around various holding lots that may have hundreds of cars. Finally driven to the DC, where they will have to move it around different lots again. So 15 miles is reasonable.