Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Truth. Car and Driver just did an EV 1000 race and Teslas took the top three spots with the fastest, and most reliable, charging sessions:

The EV 1000: 11 EVs Face Off in a Long-Distance Race

View attachment 685039

Happy to see MYP in second. My fiancée and I do some long trips up to NorCal to see our families and she has a MYLR on order, she’s convinced we will always have to use hers to make those trips but as far as I have been able to tell, the difference is relatively marginal as long as they are being driven similarly.

Reactions: sunshine3200
Also, calculated the sales tax and it is indeed based on Maryland, and since electric vehicles are exempt from the Maryland emissions inspection I don't think I'll have any issues taking delivery in Virginia. I've bought in Virginia before and it's the stupid emissions inspection that gums things up because technically you're bringing a car from out of state into state, so you can't get tags until the emissions inspection is done. I'll still need to get them to fill out the Maryland rebate form but that's easy and they've probably done it a thousand times.
Maryland rebate form?

For those of you trying to time the sale of an existing vehicle as part of your MY purchase, used car prices look like they’re dropping. My vehicle is worth $2K sine the last time I checked. This feels like it’s not working out for me.

they are starting to drop, but still inflated

Reactions: PatrickTM
I am going to run into a character limit in my signature updating these delivery times. EDD moved back another day.
I did run into the limit, and was getting annoyed because I had like 20 date changes….so I just ended up scrapping it and just display the current estimate.

So annoying how much it jumps. I couldn’t imagine having to time a sale, lease or trade in around estimates that change this much, and by change I mean by weeks or months. 🤯

Reactions: PatrickTM
so further to my post earlier, got touchless delivery coming next Wednesday around 1500hrs. Now forgive me if this is a stupid question, but i'm not familiar with how the US license plate business works. We've got the plates being transferred from our Tiguan to the MY, do I have to do anything or do tesla do all that, or do I have to go to the DMV :rolleyes: and sort it myself?

I wonder if gas prices are playing into the value differences with less fuel efficient cars loosing value and more fuel efficient cars gaining. We're selling our hybrid to Carvana and I just updated the quote two days ago and it had gone up almost another $1000, but with others seeing prices drop I think we're gonna sell now and figure it out when we need a car, because I don't wanna get screwed since I'm up more than I need for the downpayment and payoff of the old loan.

For those of you trying to time the sale of an existing vehicle as part of your MY purchase, used car prices look like they’re dropping. My vehicle is worth $2K sine the last time I checked. This feels like it’s not working out for me.
Thats why I took on the inconvenience of having one less car in the household. I sold my truck when the prices were at their peak.

Just changed from October back to September 11 - September 30

Changed from October back to September 03 - September 23

Mine has been everywhere from the end of July to October. Currently sitting at 8/22 - 9/11. Ordered on 6/25, MYLR 7 seats, gemini, FSD, white/white, no tow hitch. Being delivered to Rockville, MD. Assuming it’ll show up in September and my trade in value will continue dropping while i wait.

Whoa... I just got a VIN 229 and my delivery date immediately changed to October.

We should stop reporting the OCTOBER EDD reports. When OCTOBER is the reported EDD it's just a place holder because the system could not calculate a date, so it just defaults to the current EDD for new orders. In this past this has been 9-13 Weeks or SEPTEMBER. Just disregard any EDD that doesn't actually contain a Start and End date. Those are the only real EDD's, not the other place holders.

I used to get SEPTEMBER reported as my EDD, back when that was the delivery estimate for new orders. So I have been ignoring any EDD that isn't an actual date and just wait for the next update. Filtering out those dates will give you much a more accurate EDD window (if that is even possible). My EDD jumped up a week back to where it was day before yesterday's slip of a week.

1626452849024.png

We should stop reporting the OCTOBER EDD reports. When OCTOBER is the reported EDD it's just a place holder because the system could not calculate a date, so it just defaults to the current EDD for new orders. In this past this has been 9-13 Weeks or SEPTEMBER. Just disregard any EDD that doesn't actually contain a Start and End date. Those are the only real EDD's, not the other place holders.

I used to get SEPTEMBER reported as my EDD, back when that was the delivery estimate for new orders. So I have been ignoring any EDD that isn't an actual date and just wait for the next update. Filtering out those dates will give you much a more accurate EDD window (if that is even possible). My EDD jumped up a week back to where it was day before yesterday's slip of a week.

View attachment 685054
After doing some more research it looks like many people get delivery about 10-20 days after VIN is assigned assuming VIN isn't redacted.

Reactions: CGeiser