Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The same exact situation happened to me. When we called they also told us it was just a coincidence. I placed my order May 26th and my EDD has moved from July-Aug to Aug-Sept and now just Sept.
Same here. My trade in expired on 6/30 and when I redid it, my date pushed almost a month in the wrong direction and has never pushed back to where it was. My SA said the same thing, that it wasn’t related, but sure feels like it was…

Charging, by @Yankees

I'm a big fan of 14-50 outlets and them being a standard, vs locking yourself into the Tesla proprietary solution. We charged two (2) cars using the same Mobile Connector ("MC") that comes free with the car hooked up to at 14-50 for three (3) years w/o any issues. They are in no way more likely to break as someone said, not more so than anything else like the Wall Connector. But in the extremely unlikely event that it does have a problem, you do not have to have an electrician come out to fix it since it's modular — you just unplug the broken one and plug in a new one.

If you want to "leave the MC in the car" (not really an issue unless you road trip often -- we never ever had to use it in 3 years of ownership outside the house, although we did take it with us for peace of mind), you simply, uhm, take it with you. Takes 1 minute to unplug and throw it in the frunk. BUT, there's an even better solution.

One of the beauties of the 14-50 is that, again, it's a standard. And, as EV adoption accelerates, you may have friends who buy EVs and come to your house and maybe would like a quick charge. Well, having a 14-50 allows you to buy a non-Tesla EVSE that has a standard J1772 connector that will charge everything, including your Tesla. And, you can get a 40A one for relatively cheap (I got one during Prime Day for about $350). You don't need more than 32A, but 40A is 25% faster ;) And all you need is a 50A breaker. So when your broski pulls up in their BMW i4 a year down the line, you could be like, hey bro, wanna charge? 🤣

Pet peeve: none of these are not chargers, including the Wall Connector. The charger is in your car, and it is only used for AC charging (DC fast charger are actual chargers, as in SuperChargers/Electrify America/etc.). The Mobile Connector and other EVSE solutions are basically "smart cables," hence the [correct] name "Connector" in the Tesla product names.

Over the past week my EDD has generally been 2 days away (always pushing out one day each morning), but then this weekend flipped to October.

It'd be fascinating to talk to the team at Tesla who owns the EDD feature on the website. I wonder if they are scrambling to make it more reliable or if they are just 🤷‍♂️. I doubt they lose many sales because of the erratic dates so they probably don't care all that much. Or, even worse, they see all the traffic on the My Account page and think people must love it!

Anyway, always glad to see Vins and deliveries coming through - especially nice to see SLC getting some love. Hopefully we'll see some more blue button updates today.

Reactions: rmoffitt321
Another day, another date change.

Side note, anyone do a trade-in to Tesla ahead of delivery? I have a vacation scheduled for the current delivery window, and have thought if it gets locked in when I am away, I might ask them if I can trade in before I leave, and have them do Home Delivery. I'm only 15 miles from an SC.

Another day, another date change.

Side note, anyone do a trade-in to Tesla ahead of delivery? I have a vacation scheduled for the current delivery window, and have thought if it gets locked in when I am away, I might ask them if I can trade in before I leave, and have them do Home Delivery. I'm only 15 miles from an SC.
My understanding is Tesla will not take trade ins prior to delivery.

Reactions: Ryano90 and Ryachu
So I stole the idea to make a chart, mainly from @OCJeff, with my personal EDD. I may have a slight obsession. Anyway it is kind of nice because I am able to break some sort of structure from the chaos. I know that the EDD is useless, but my brain refuses to truly acknowledge that.

I found that with the current trends I am looking at an earliest delivery of 8/24, which would be in my original estimated window, and a latest of 10/2. Maybe not the most accurate, but it is more helpful than what the SA tells me. The spikes are "September" (9/30) EDDs

Attachments

• Tracker.png
    Tracker.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 64

Charging, by @Yankees

I'm a big fan of 14-50 outlets and them being a standard, vs locking yourself into the Tesla proprietary solution. We charged two (2) cars using the same Mobile Connector ("MC") that comes free with the car hooked up to at 14-50 for three (3) years w/o any issues. They are in no way more likely to break as someone said, not more so than anything else like the Wall Connector. But in the extremely unlikely event that it does have a problem, you do not have to have an electrician come out to fix it since it's modular — you just unplug the broken one and plug in a new one.

If you want to "leave the MC in the car" (not really an issue unless you road trip often -- we never ever had to use it in 3 years of ownership outside the house, although we did take it with us for peace of mind), you simply, uhm, take it with you. Takes 1 minute to unplug and throw it in the frunk. BUT, there's an even better solution.

One of the beauties of the 14-50 is that, again, it's a standard. And, as EV adoption accelerates, you may have friends who buy EVs and come to your house and maybe would like a quick charge. Well, having a 14-50 allows you to buy a non-Tesla EVSE that has a standard J1772 connector that will charge everything, including your Tesla. And, you can get a 40A one for relatively cheap (I got one during Prime Day for about $350). You don't need more than 32A, but 40A is 25% faster ;) And all you need is a 50A breaker. So when your broski pulls up in their BMW i4 a year down the line, you could be like, hey bro, wanna charge? 🤣

Pet peeve: none of these are not chargers, including the Wall Connector. The charger is in your car, and it is only used for AC charging (DC fast charger are actual chargers, as in SuperChargers/Electrify America/etc.). The Mobile Connector and other EVSE solutions are basically "smart cables," hence the [correct] name "Connector" in the Tesla product names.
100% agree, only additions I would make is ensure 14-50R outlet is industrial grade like a Hubbell, do not use a Leviton. Depending on length of wire run you can get away with #8 but I would highly recommend a #6 at a minimum.

So I stole the idea to make a chart, mainly from @OCJeff, with my personal EDD. I may have a slight obsession. Anyway it is kind of nice because I am able to break some sort of structure from the chaos. I know that the EDD is useless, but my brain refuses to truly acknowledge that.

I found that with the current trends I am looking at an earliest delivery of 8/24, which would be in my original estimated window, and a latest of 10/2. Maybe not the most accurate, but it is more helpful than what the SA tells me. The spikes are "September" (9/30) EDDs
Those trend lines tho

Reactions: ajs847
Same here. My trade in expired on 6/30 and when I redid it, my date pushed almost a month in the wrong direction and has never pushed back to where it was. My SA said the same thing, that it wasn’t related, but sure feels like it was…
Mine didn't actually switch at all. And they posted the updated offer within 5 minutes of me sending them the new photo of odometer. I'll have to do this at least 2 more times though based on feedback from SA. Ordered 6/1 - she said early September. EDD moved back today by 10 days - Aug 22 - Sept -11. Good luck!

Reactions: curlette461