Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there one of these “SA’s” assigned to everyone? Should I know who this is and do they actually help out with anything?
Not sure how it works if you just order on the website (when a VIN is assigned maybe?) - I put in an early trade-in quote and was assigned to someone in reply to that, about a month before I put in the order. Been working with him ever since and he’s been quite helpful, for what it’s worth. Answered my 72 questions before order and 638 questions after, give or take. 🙂

Not sure how it works if you just order on the website (when a VIN is assigned maybe?) - I put in an early trade-in quote and was assigned to someone in reply to that, about a month before I put in the order. Been working with him ever since and he’s been quite helpful, for what it’s worth. Answered my 72 questions before order and 638 questions after, give or take. 🙂
No VIN here and I had someone reach out via email a few days after I ordered. Of note, we did test drive, but it isn’t the person who helped us at the test drive. My SA is very responsive, but I haven’t asked him about dates, just to ensure the referral was applied and a question and another one about the trade-in process. Meanwhile the guy who helped us test drive promised to email us some info and never did despite follow ups. Really think the quality of the SA is just luck of the draw.

Reactions: Frenchrock
Just recently ordered MY, long range, 5 seater, no tow (2 weeks ago) and already have had my EDD moved 4 times (today it’s Sept 10-30). That led me to this site and in reading the replies I see I’m in for a roller coaster ride. Super excited and after my test ride last week even more pleased with my decision to go electric.
Waiting for it is definitely the most painful part…once you get it you will be so glad you did! Have had our M3 since April last year and finally decided to get rid of our other ICE car - a 2011 Toyota Sequoia. Incredibly reliable the entire time we have owned it. Super comfortable, etc, but if we get 16 MPG on the highway it is a miracle. The engine is bulletproof, but so incredibly inefficient. Can’t wait to never buy gas again! Going to be nice to be all electric. If our MY ever comes that is…

Quick Question: For those of you who have accepted delivery, (if you aren't out driving your beautiful MY right now that is) is the address displayed underneath your delivery date where the car will be delivered?

Because currently it's displaying my address and I originally selected the SC in the Domain area near me in Austin.
Following up on this^

I found out my MY was built on 7/13 and is in Fremont waiting to be shipped as of this past Friday (two days ago).

My car will be delivered at the Arboretum SC as opposed to the domain location due to connectivity issues in the parking garage.

So this confirms that just because your address is displayed under your delivery date, doesn’t mean it’s a home delivery. You will be assigned a delivery location and best to reach out to SA to confirm.

They will be changing my payment method, I will not lose VIN, delivery is 7/30.

Waiting for it is definitely the most painful part…once you get it you will be so glad you did! Have had our M3 since April last year and finally decided to get rid of our other ICE car - a 2011 Toyota Sequoia. Incredibly reliable the entire time we have owned it. Super comfortable, etc, but if we get 16 MPG on the highway it is a miracle. The engine is bulletproof, but so incredibly inefficient. Can’t wait to never buy gas again! Going to be nice to be all electric. If our MY ever comes that is…
I'm a Sequoia owner as well. Sooooooo reliable. Mine is a 2007 with 160k miles on it. I'm not getting rid of it yet. It will be my dirty errand car but I will use the MY for road trips from now on.

Reactions: GoGators!
Just recently ordered MY, long range, 5 seater, no tow (2 weeks ago) and already have had my EDD moved 4 times (today it’s Sept 10-30). That led me to this site and in reading the replies I see I’m in for a roller coaster ride. Super excited and after my test ride last week even more pleased with my decision to go electric.
Mine changed today for the first time. Same EDD as yours.

Woke up today to different dates again. We got pushed out to sept 17th -30th. I hope we get it soon because we're selling our only car this week to lock in the value of it, and will be carless until we get our Tesla. This wouldn't have to be like this if they would just work with people on the delivery side. I have to try and guess months in advance because they just assume everyone has the privilege of not worrying about delivery times. Like we all just have multiple cars to use in the meantime or all of the cash just ready to go. Buying a $50,000+ car should not be this stressful. They should let you freaking track the damn thing from start to fing finish, and give you a bit of freaking wiggle room after 4 freaking months of being jerked around by their idiotic ordering system that jumps around more than Robin Williams full of coke. But yet all of the onus is on us to get it when they say or its gone. That's bull and bad business. Yeah it might look good on their sheets but after a while the negativity will come out about their bad ordering system and it will bite them in the butt when it does happen. That is when/where legacy auto has a chance to compete with Tesla imo.

Woke up today to different dates again. We got pushed out to sept 17th -30th. I hope we get it soon because we're selling our only car this week to lock in the value of it, and will be carless until we get our Tesla. This wouldn't have to be like this if they would just work with people on the delivery side. I have to try and guess months in advance because they just assume everyone has the privilege of not worrying about delivery times. Like we all just have multiple cars to use in the meantime or all of the cash just ready to go. Buying a $50,000+ car should not be this stressful. They should let you freaking track the damn thing from start to fing finish, and give you a bit of freaking wiggle room after 4 freaking months of being jerked around by their idiotic ordering system that jumps around more than Robin Williams full of coke. But yet all of the onus is on us to get it when they say or its gone. That's bull and bad business. Yeah it might look good on their sheets but after a while the negativity will come out about their bad ordering system and it will bite them in the butt when it does happen. That is when/where legacy auto has a chance to compete with Tesla imo.
wait... if you receive a VIN and cannot pick up with the dates provided (maybe you are on vacation, it is the summer), you will lose the car? Is that what you are saying here??

Charging, by @Yankees

I'm a big fan of 14-50 outlets and them being a standard, vs locking yourself into the Tesla proprietary solution. We charged two (2) cars using the same Mobile Connector ("MC") that comes free with the car hooked up to at 14-50 for three (3) years w/o any issues. They are in no way more likely to break as someone said, not more so than anything else like the Wall Connector. But in the extremely unlikely event that it does have a problem, you do not have to have an electrician come out to fix it since it's modular — you just unplug the broken one and plug in a new one.

If you want to "leave the MC in the car" (not really an issue unless you road trip often -- we never ever had to use it in 3 years of ownership outside the house, although we did take it with us for peace of mind), you simply, uhm, take it with you. Takes 1 minute to unplug and throw it in the frunk. BUT, there's an even better solution.

One of the beauties of the 14-50 is that, again, it's a standard. And, as EV adoption accelerates, you may have friends who buy EVs and come to your house and maybe would like a quick charge. Well, having a 14-50 allows you to buy a non-Tesla EVSE that has a standard J1772 connector that will charge everything, including your Tesla. And, you can get a 40A one for relatively cheap (I got one during Prime Day for about $350). You don't need more than 32A, but 40A is 25% faster ;) And all you need is a 50A breaker. So when your broski pulls up in their BMW i4 a year down the line, you could be like, hey bro, wanna charge? 🤣

Pet peeve: none of these are not chargers, including the Wall Connector. The charger is in your car, and it is only used for AC charging (DC fast charger are actual chargers, as in SuperChargers/Electrify America/etc.). The Mobile Connector and other EVSE solutions are basically "smart cables," hence the [correct] name "Connector" in the Tesla product names.
Great explanation. I’ve got the NEMA 14-50 setup as well, in preparation for the Tesla. Open standards will provide many benefits down the road. And +1 on the differentiation between connector and charger. That’s a pet peeve of mine as well, almost as bad as the confusion people seem to have between kW and kWh.

One thing I’d like to add though is that any car can use a Tesla Wall Connector. They just need the Tesla to J1772 adapter. Same with Tesla destination chargers, just need the adapter and it’s open to all.

once you place an order, you should have received an email from someone in tesla service center close to you. if you haven't, you can call your local Service center and check who that is. some advisors are very helpful and some are very bad. just note that everyone at tesla is overloaded with work and you might not get quick responses as you want. you or anyone is just one customer out of thousands they have.
If you ordered online without going through a store this is not true. You will be assigned a regional SA until your car is set to be delivered and then it will switch over. If you did order online I suggest you go into the store and talk to an SA and have them transfer you from the regional pool into their store. Again, this only apples if you ordered without talking to the store first.

Reactions: PatrickTM