Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know if it is possible to get the MVPA early and not take delivery of the car? For example, receive the MVPA for the Car in Mid August and Pay for the car, but not take delivery until whenever they tell me it's ready which could be a month or 2 or 3 later?
you can’t pay until you get the vin. at least that option didn’t come up for me until i got the vin.

Reactions: und2000 and RatsFPV
I’m in the exact same situation….MYP white/black, ordered 6/25 and went from Aug 3-15 to 7-11 weeks a couple of days ago.
I got the 7-11 weeks for one day, about a week ago, but the next day it was back. Current EDD is 7/23-8/7. It been pushing the first date out +1 for the last several days. Who knows what tomorrow will bring! I do track all my EDD dates in my about section if anyone wants to compare.

Do you know if it is possible to get the MVPA early and not take delivery of the car? For example, receive the MVPA for the Car in Mid August and Pay for the car, but not take delivery until whenever they tell me it's ready which could be a month or 2 or 3 later?
I doubt they would send the MVPA more than a few days before delivery. And definitely not before you have a VIN. My EDD is 7/29-8/4 and I didn’t get the MVPA yet. I assume I will get it after they schedule delivery.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 11.20.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 11.20.38 PM.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 63
Going with the GYEON, it's the first time I'm applying to seating areas (really, anytime applying ceramic to any interior piece). Also doing wheels in ceramic, and later planning on PPF and ceramic on top of that (had this on both previous Teslas, full-body PPF + ceramic; the Y will only get front PPF).
Recommendation for front ppf and window tint in the Dallas area? Cost?

you can’t pay until you get the vin. at least that option didn’t come up for me until i got the vin.
@Gosox83 agreed with this post, MVPA will come with the VIN. With that being said, VINs and their MVPAs disappear. You can pay as soon as they ask, you can have the CU send them a check and not get a car that was associated with the MVPA. I had to return a cashiers check to my lender when my 1st VIN disappeared. @elguapo had to fight to get their loan check back (see a few 100 pages ago)z

I got the 7-11 weeks for one day, about a week ago, but the next day it was back. Current EDD is 7/23-8/7. It been pushing the first date out +1 for the last several days. Who knows what tomorrow will bring! I do track all my EDD dates in my about section if anyone wants to compare.
If I'm not wrong, if your first date is pushing out one day or so at a time and your second date is staying the same, it means you are close. You should see a VIN anytime soon.

Recommendation for front ppf and window tint in the Dallas area? Cost?
Xpel Dallas corporate location by LoveField. I went with XR+ ceramic 35% all around, 70% on windshield and roof. Ultimate plus ppf on full front bumper, half hood, front side fenders, rear quarter panel, door edges, bottom rocker panels, mirrors, and headlights. Ceramic coating whole car except glass areas. They gave me an excellent price but I had shopped around and got them to match pricing on some aspects, overall they reduced the price by $1200 to honor my price matches from other 3rd party installers. Derrick Alvis is the Xpel area manager and whom I interacted with.