Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is putting an order on hold? I’ve read the term a few times on here. How do you do that?
you can call your SA to put it on hold. It's basically saying I dont need a car yet and I will wait. Until you remove hold, you will not have a car ready for you. Once you remove hold by calling your SA again, you will be put back in queue. Some people had quick delivery after removing hold.. depends on area and availability.

Reactions: CharlesCastle
My EDD moved back from August 22-Sept 11 to August 24-September 13 this morning! Not going in the right direction.

My EDD has been as early as August 8. But the last week or so it has been steady at 9/2 to 9/12. That is until today when it went to 10/2-10/20. I don’t understand the drastic change in EDD all the time. I’m confident it will go back to down just because it always has been but this isn’t ideal for those with anxiety problems like myself 😬.

you can call your SA to put it on hold. It's basically saying I dont need a car yet and I will wait. Until you remove hold, you will not have a car ready for you. Once you remove hold by calling your SA again, you will be put back in queue. Some people had quick delivery after removing hold.. depends on area and availability.
Oh ok, that makes sense. I thought it was something on the site that I didn’t see.

Another day, another day. #teamblue order on May 8th. Early day slid another day as it has every day for the last couple weeks to August 8, but the late date moved out a full week from 8/21 to 8/28.

Today is 11 weeks since my order date and my new, albeit meaningless EDD is 8/8-8/28.

Glad to see a bunch of #teamblue posts today!
Also had EDD move back today. Now Sept 13-30.

#teamblue

Oh ok, that makes sense. I thought it was something on the site that I didn’t see.
Someone also said (I think this is what he was saying) that when you're given a VIN you'll also be given an electronic option to accept it, reject it, be put on hold, something like that. I haven't gotten there yet and I don't know precisely what the options are or mean or their consequences, but maybe someone who's been through that stage can clarify it.

Now that there's been a price increase I'd definitely like to know what options preserve your original order price and which don't. both with respect to accepting, changing, rejecting delivery dates and also configuration changes. If I decide to add a two hitch, do I go back to the end of the line, do I go back to the end of the line AND get assessed the higher price, etc.

I have a scheduled delivery and I just set up insurance, but I set the insurance start date as the day of pickup. They won't give me any type of proof of insurance until the start date. Can I wait until midnight the night before pickup to add insurance info to my account or will this be a problem?

Our EDD disappeared for our May 8th order this morning as well as the rest of #teamblue it seems. Had held steady for a week at sept 19-30, but the last time I lost an EDD like this it came back with Sept instead of June... I did check the Trade in on our hybrid again because we weren't able to sell the other day and its gone up again so silver lining I guess.

Reactions: GoGators!
Someone also said (I think this is what he was saying) that when you're given a VIN you'll also be given an electronic option to accept it, reject it, be put on hold, something like that. I haven't gotten there yet and I don't know precisely what the options are or mean or their consequences, but maybe someone who's been through that stage can clarify it.

Now that there's been a price increase I'd definitely like to know what options preserve your original order price and which don't. both with respect to accepting, changing, rejecting delivery dates and also configuration changes. If I decide to add a two hitch, do I go back to the end of the line, do I go back to the end of the line AND get assessed the higher price, etc.
I believe ANY change in config sets you at the current price.

My EDD has been as early as August 8. But the last week or so it has been steady at 9/2 to 9/12. That is until today when it went to 10/2-10/20. I don’t understand the drastic change in EDD all the time. I’m confident it will go back to down just because it always has been but this isn’t ideal for those with anxiety problems like myself 😬.
With a 6/20 order your just a baby in this waiting game… I was promised a June delivery…

I live in LA as well. I spoke with multiple SA's any June order is being fulfilled end August-Mid September. Doesn't matter performance or not they stated that.
You will soon learn that your SA knows nothing more than you do and are really no help when it comes to delivery estimates. Also, MYPs are definitely prioritized over MYLR - there’s enough data here to clearly support that.