Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK so I wanted update everyone, the new MY is here and is perfect! and YES 255 DOES HAVE BIO MODE!!! its raining now so pictures to come later :D but OMG the WAIT is FINALLY OVER!! ugh... what an ordeal but MAN am I HAPPY ITS OVER!!!
CONGRATS, MAZELS, and the BEST with it!! (geeze I feel like I need to make this a wedding toast since you've been waiting so long!)

actually yeah, funny enough. They're the ones who convinced me to order back in May.
my neighborhood is littered with tesla's. On my block alone we have a MS and MX, the opposite culdesac has a M3, MY and MX, and a few other neighbors a few blocks over have 2020 and 2021 MY's that have been gracious enough to let me drive around to get a feel for it before taking delivery. Atleast 5 MY's and 6-7's M3's in a 4-5 block neighborhood of SFH's.

$35 adaptor works the same. and once the wall connector is installed, can’t move residences with it since it’s permanent.
This is partially true. Depending on who did your install, the wall connector can move residences in the occasion that you were to move. My installer will disconnect my wall charger for free and install it at my new house if I were to move. For life. (Free once, then only the relocation is free. I'll have to pay for them to install) I can also transfer over warranties to the new homeowner in the event I were to leave it behind. YMMV, but the wall connector being permanent isn't 100% true in every situation.

To DJ's point, the $35 adaptor is definitely cheaper and only charges at about 10-12 miles slower than the wall connector, so definitely some valid points there.

the WC can be moved from residence to residence, I'm getting quotes from electricians who offer free one time move. One of the electricians said they install a switch next to the WC to turn off the power in order to disconnect it to move or service it and the wires can be converted to a NEMA plug when moving of if we get rid of the tesla.
THIS ^

OK so I wanted update everyone, the new MY is here and is perfect! and YES 255 DOES HAVE BIO MODE!!! its raining now so pictures to come later :D but OMG the WAIT is FINALLY OVER!! ugh... what an ordeal but MAN am I HAPPY ITS OVER!!!
It makes me sooooo happy knowing you got your car already! Even my husband knows about you and what you’ve been through. So I can’t wait to update him and let him know the wait is officially over !

$35 adaptor works the same. and once the wall connector is installed, can’t move residences with it since it’s permanent.
WC is def not "permanent." Actually, I recently moved and uninstalled it from my previous residence without issue. Electrician reinstalled it at my new place for a fairly nominal fee. I prefer the WC for reasons previously mentioned in this thread (namely, wear & tear on the mobile connector from daily use and having to remember to pack it when roadtripping) but I understand it's more costly than a 14-50 outlet & adapter. To each their own. Both solutions work better than a regular outlet.

Reactions: iratre and ajs847