Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m currently sitting at a gas station filling up my Jeep. Every time I fill up, I wonder if it’ll be the last time. This probably isn’t, with my September EDD, but I hope it’s nearly the last!
I know the feeling! My EDD date is so close so when I have to fill up, I keep thinking it’ll be my last time. Currently at half a tank and trying to be hopefully I don’t have to fill it again 😂

Interesting, my SA told you dont need the insurance info and I still have not updated in my profile. Do we need the insurance for the profile to be complete? I am in VA if that matters.
In VA, at least Richmond, you don't need the insurance info until after you get the VIN...just complete everything else. My SA said same to me and I did (eventually) get a VIN...pick up in RVA Sat.

An Excerpt from the Book of Reservations: Number 114983XXX VIN2289XX

Reached out to Tesla Central Order Support to get an update on my delivery this Friday, as they haven't reached out since Saturday and the agent, Sophie, told me that the date that was on my account is different from the date they have in the computer. She informed me that my car wouldn't arrive until the 31st which is Saturday.

While we were on the phone, Tesla Order Support texted me to tell me that my delivery was confirmed for 7/30 between 1 & 3PM. So now me and Sophie sitting on the phone confused. LOL She adds a note to my account for the Pond Springs SC to confirm my appointment, and I send a text back to Order Support asking for a confirmation based on information I had on the car arriving on the 31st.

At this point, I decide I'm going to drive to the Pond Springs SC and get things cleared up in person. I take off my work pj's, put on my errand pj's and head out to my car after giving my dog a few treats.

I start my car and I get a call from Randall, from Tesla. He tells me that he's extremely sorry, he sent the wrong date and that my car is going to arrive on the 31st like I said in the message. He's super bummed out that he sent me the wrong dates and works to get me scheduled. He informs me that once the car arrives they have to do a quick inspection and prep for delivery, and that usually takes two days. He also lets me know that my paperwork, temp tags and license plate are already completed so there'll be no delay there.

My new delivery date is 8/3, which is an extremely busy work day for me but I won't be pushing this baby any further back, and I can pick it up at any time since I purchased the car and don't actually need to interact with a Tesla human.

The cherry on top was: Randall told me due to inconvenience he caused me, he will be monitoring all the incoming vehicles and if one matches my spec, he will match me with that VIN, move my delivery date up, and get me in a Model Y as soon as possible (even if it's only a day or two earlier).

I ask Randall if I'll be getting a call, text or email to confirm any updates, and he says they will text but I can call him if I have any questions between now and then. He tells me that he's called me from his cell, and I can just text him. I promise him that I won't blow him up all the time, and he laughs and says that he wouldn't mind as he probably deserves it for having an incorrect date on my account for so long. He tells me Congratulations on my MY purchase, lets me know we're in the home stretch, and that my car will be in my driveway very soon.

----------
TL; DR: MY won't be here until the 31st. New Delivery Date is 8/3. Sophie was really helpful and aided in me getting update. Randall was really helpful and a great person. I may end up getting the car a few days earlier than the 3rd. Stay tuned.

I rate this Tesla experience 10/10. Even though I have to wait a little bit longer, I actually felt heard, I was treated like a customer who is paying $60K for a car, and it was a friendly interaction.

Once again,
It really is the little things...

Question, are there any Q1 orders or hold release orders that had to wait until Q3 to get a car? I have been here for a while and I haven't noticed any and just wanted to check. With my Q2 order and my bad EDD day today, I feel like I am going to be one of those lucky ones that will have to wait until Q4.

Not sure I can mentally handle that kind of game.

I personally think since you changed your color it threw you back to the waiting list. A Lot of people in the forum have suggested to not do changes because it throws you off.

Reactions: cancoi
I personally think since you changed your color it threw you back to the waiting list. A Lot of people in the forum have suggested to not do changes because it throws you off.
If that is the case, it would still be a 6/21 order which only days after some others that have early to mid August EDD. That being said, you aren't wrong, I could have.

I knew the risk when I did that, but at the time there were a lot of Blue and Red MYs hitting the existing inventory and I thought either my car would get fulfilled or I would scoop up an inventory car, but the vast majority of the ones that hit the inventory had 7 seats and/or white interiors. At that point those were the only deal breakers for me.

Don't regret it because I knew the chances of my getting a car in Q2 were very slim. I also think my EDD will drop back down, if not I will play inventory roulette.

yes.. but @onyxbanx was trying to close the loan.
I actually have been informed by my operations advisor that I only need a pre-approval for tesla to rate match! however, you have to apply through tesla anyways before having them match a rate, and they offered me 2.49% so I might just go with them. was trying to go through DCU but it seems like it's a pain.

obviously this isn't a final loan agreement, I just wanted a soft hit on my credit to see what rate my bank would give me before shopping elsewhere. When i get a VIN, i'll ask my SA to switch me to 3rd party financing, request the MVPA for my banker and get the loan worked out with the applicable credit inquiry. NO VIN, no rush to get any of that done.
which bank gave you 1.89%? I'm looking for a lower rate pre-approval for tesla to match :)

Interestingly enough, my EDD went from 7/30 - 8/15 yesterday to 7/31 - 8/14 today. I expected the first date to move out, but I've never seen the end date start moving closer.
Is that a good sign, or am I reading too much into the tea leaves? I normally don't split hairs like this, but since I'm supposed to be going on a road trip August 13, I'm starting to get a little desperate for signs of movement 😅
lol I have a road trip on 08/13 as well and the same thing happened to me! this exact thing happened, making my window shorter every day, and I got my VIN this morning after 4-5 days of that. hope the same happens for you :)

Has anyone changed from a LR to a PR and had their EDD move up or even delivery? Just curious for those already in the queue with a MYLR considering a MYP swap whether this would put you to the back of the MYP queue?
I could not resist and I went ahead and order a MYP, I have ordered a MYLR Red with Induction wheels on 10-Jul with no EDD now. I will just take whichever comes first. I will definitely lose $100 order fee on one of them for sure.

One week update.

Things I learned after taking delivery:

-Ohio made a law where you don’t get your 1000 miles of supercharge for free
-Buy your mud flaps from Amazon because the ones from Tesla only have front flaps
-PPF on rear doors will come complimentary at certain locations (Easton is one of them)
-Don’t buy wall connector just install a 14-50 outlet & buy $35 to charge
-Don’t buy USB drive for Sentry Mode or Dash Cam because the Model Y comes with it installed already.
-If you see panel gaps at delivery or pickup, don’t worry about it. Still accept it. Just let them know days later about the gaps and they will come out to you to fix them.
-Wireless chargers charge iPhone 12 Pro Max very slow
-Superchargers charge faster the lower the battery is (Don’t let battery get lower than 10%)
-Do not use aftermarket door lights that shine the Tesla logo on the ground when you open your door (You will shatter your window)
-You will get a lot of envious jealous looks while driving & exiting car after you park
Tell us more about the door logo lights issue. Hopefully this didn't happen to your new car!

If that is the case, it would still be a 6/21 order which only days after some others that have early to mid August EDD. That being said, you aren't wrong, I could have.

I knew the risk when I did that, but at the time there were a lot of Blue and Red MYs hitting the existing inventory and I thought either my car would get fulfilled or I would scoop up an inventory car, but the vast majority of the ones that hit the inventory had 7 seats and/or white interiors. At that point those were the only deal breakers for me.

Don't regret it because I knew the chances of my getting a car in Q2 were very slim. I also think my EDD will drop back down, if not I will play inventory roulette.
Just be positive! I'm hopin for September for you!!

For those with recent delivery. The configurator has this text when describing center console

“…and a folding privacy shield to cover your phones.”

On my test drive, the model had the old piano gloss console. Is there really some folding privacy shield? Looks like from pics that the wireless charging is always open. Maybe it’s a holdover from the old piano black description??

• Informative
Reactions: iratre