Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so you guys are telling me that there is no fee, that means that I’m going to go to my local Tesla store, and cause a scene today. If I am arrested, you’ll see me on the news.
If I’m the only one getting this damn fee, I swear I’m gonna throw a fit at Tasle Fort Myers today.
I got charged I ordered black interior on May 20th… decided to change to the white on May 21st… a couple days later I saw the $1,000 upgrade… About a week later I hit my advisor up because my numbers updated in whole… it was $1,000 interior upgrade and a $500 charge… he told me it was standard… I have the photo of the numbers when I first purchase… the photo of the numbers when I charge interior color… and the photo with the final numbers including the $500 charge… they won’t see it right away but they will see it

OK, so you guys are telling me that there is no fee, that means that I’m going to go to my local Tesla store, and cause a scene today. If I am arrested, you’ll see me on the news.
If I’m the only one getting this damn fee, I swear I’m gonna throw a fit at Tasle Fort Myers today.
Keep us posted on how this works out 🍿

Let the madness ensue - two orders. Here's a case study.

MYLR Reservation = Ordered 6/1, EDD October (another 9 - 12 weeks for October arrival)
MYP Reservation = Ordered 8/3, EDD 7-9 weeks (profile completed already)

Let's see which one arrives first. I will update my signature with both order details.

Who is on #TeamMYLR and who is on #TeamMYP?

If we're at the point where if the EDD is truly October, then I may start considering the benefits for me to wait until spring. They would be:

1. Avoid one season of driving in winter
2. Should a tax credit get passed, 7 months from now is more likely to get it
3. Giga Texas and whatever upgrades to the Y that might come from it

Last edited:
34C7D405-1F67-4A27-AC3F-FA1C2AA99276.jpeg

Ordered May 20th and changed black interior to white May 21st… $1,000 charge plus $500 charge

Attachments

• 54869A64-3AF7-4DD5-9140-FC24623F7CC1.jpeg
    54869A64-3AF7-4DD5-9140-FC24623F7CC1.jpeg
    476.6 KB · Views: 46
@CSTARZZ

If I sound like I'm trying to gaslight you, or publicly contradict you just to get a rise out of you, I genuinely apologize. That's not my intent.

However, I, like you and many others here, want to solve the mystery of the extra $500 and $90 you mentioned in this post: Current Delivery Times

I threw both of your photos into Excel and ran the numbers. Nerd alert. Here are my conclusions.
1. Tesla's math in the first screencap is simply wrong. The "Car Price" block is inaccurately calculated, and "Total Price" is consequently incorrectly tallied
2. The second screencap correctly calculated car price, AND THEN triggered a recalculation of sales tax, which is obviously based on car price; total price correctly tallied

I would love to see you original order pricing sheet, if you have it. It should have been sent to you over email when you first placed the order. That would allow us to do a true deep dive into your price breakdown, and catch any potential errors on Tesla's part.

Attachments

• CSTARZZ price xls.jpg
    CSTARZZ price xls.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Damn, I was hoping you'd be back in august. My date keeps shifting a day at a time. 8/15-8/29

I am back to 08/15 to 08/28 this morning. I think @joewithblueMY will have his dates changed tomorrow to lineup with ours. Hopefully can set same delivery dates to open that Tequila lol..
I honestly think I will be back down soon because it seems like that is always the case. But I have been on vacation since Friday and will be back to the normal grind tomorrow, if it is at October tomorrow, then I will let it affect me.

Although my wife and I have switched roles, I told her that if it isn’t in our possession by the end of week 13, I am going to pick up another car. But she keeps telling me that if we wait and get in in October, it would be a birthday present from Tesla.

Regarding this change order fee. When you order the car you lock in your price as to what it was the day you ordered. Let's say two weeks later the base price increases $500 for any new orders. If you keep your original order then you are still at the lower price, but if you make ANY changes to your configuration after the price change occurred you are now locked in at the new price.

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid