Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys I wonder if it’s going by interior of car? I think everyone that is being done right now had white interior? Maybe black interior is later this week?
That actually makes sense. In the video of the M3 build, you can see all different exterior colors zipping along the other lines. I was actually kind of surprised by that because I figured they built in batches by exterior color 🤷🏻‍♀️

I still follow and help out when I can--we're still family;) actually just got Ironclad back from PPF and ceramic coating (was afraid to drive it before the appointment).
We’ll have a 4+ hour drive home from the SC when we take delivery (it’s currently taking 7-8 hours because of the indefinite I-70 canyon closure) 🙈 I’m terrified of making that drive without PPF, so we’re going to tape up the whole front end with painters tape before we leave the lot

I think you are overestimating Tesla's organization. I think the system they use has serious flaws and they have not had the time to fix it. It is a combo of a flawed system and randomness.
We will know Tesla has serious competition when their customer service rises up to the level of mediocre.

Currently they are selling cars faster than they can make them. Customers are generally quite happy with the *product*. If the US federal tax rebate comes back then sales and/or profit margins will rise even further.

We’ll have a 4+ hour drive home from the SC when we take delivery (it’s currently taking 7-8 hours because of the indefinite I-70 canyon closure) 🙈 I’m terrified of making that drive without PPF, so we’re going to tape up the whole front end with painters tape before we leave the lot
Someone said they used Saran Wrap for this. Also, Xpel makes a temporary ppf called TracWrap. I highly recommend installing front mud flaps before your trip. It's very easy. You just need a tool for popping out the old fasteners (push pin rivets). I'd recommend spending a few dollars for a metal tool. I had some plastic tools and they didn't work (they bent) so I ended up using a screwdriver. The mud flaps will be quicker and easier to install than any temporary ppf solution you come up with.

You may want to protect the only area Tesla sells ppf for. This is also the area that is protected by front mud flaps.

Good luck! Enjoy the adventure. Don't let ding worry spoil your trip. These beautiful cars can be a reminder of the impermanence of all things.

Sh1t! These don't come with the cars anymore, do they? Wonder if I can sneak in holding onto mine when I trade in my Model 3.

Not sure if you already got a reply. Correct. They don’t come with any adapter other than the 5-15 standard plug for super slow charging.

Keep your existing high voltage adapter/plug. Trading in your old car just include the portable wall charger and the standard 5-15 adapter. No one will be asking. If they do say you don’t recall having it, or maybe it was misplaced (blame the spouse) and you never used it.

That actually makes sense. In the video of the M3 build, you can see all different exterior colors zipping along the other lines. I was actually kind of surprised by that because I figured they built in batches by exterior color 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yup same as in other factory vids you will notice that seat pieces are stacked up in Towson a tall machine and puts them together and installs them into the car. They do all the White interiors they have first since it’s MUCH less based off off the input graph that was just made the White interior orders seems to be only 1/4 of the black interior orders.

Looks like it does go by interior color. Looks like the interior color is the batches production. So they do a batch of cars no matter the exterior color with all white interior, then the switch it to all black interiors. Right now they must be one White interior as 90% of what we have seen get VINs right now have been white interior. Judging by the data that has been collected so far from data sheets we can conclude that White interior is less likely to be ordered that all black interior.

Attachments

• 0B1CF37A-DA9D-49F6-A170-D681E96E27A7.png
    0B1CF37A-DA9D-49F6-A170-D681E96E27A7.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
  • 0DDFC3C6-2EC3-42CE-BACF-368C89DE19BB.jpeg
    0DDFC3C6-2EC3-42CE-BACF-368C89DE19BB.jpeg
    403.7 KB · Views: 58
Keep your existing high voltage adapter/plug. Trading in your old car just include the portable wall charger and the standard 5-15 adapter. No one will be asking. If they do say you don’t recall having it, or maybe it was misplaced (blame the spouse) and you never used it.
Definitely keep your NEMA 14-50 adapter. But no need to lie or fabricate stories about it. But if someone does ask, just tell them it’s a $45 part and you’re not including it as part of the sale/trade.

My BIL kept his when he sold his M3 earlier this summer. That was private party, so I’m not sure how it would go with a trade, but I’d give it a go 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Not sure if you already got a reply. Correct. They don’t come with any adapter other than the 5-15 standard plug for super slow charging.

Definitely keep your NEMA 14-50 adapter. But no need to lie or fabricate stories about it. But if someone does ask, just tell them it’s a $45 part and you’re not including it as part of the sale/trade.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep it but only because I'm cheap... I have one that has been plugged into my garage wall since 2014, only removed a handful of times between Feb 2015 and Feb 2018 for early road trips when super chargers weren't as available. Starting Feb 2018, we'd just bring the Model 3's whole kit - UMC and all adapters - on any road trips (in the S) but leave our original UMC/14-50 adapter in the garage. Every year it gets rarer to use any because superchargers are now ev-reee-where!