Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m trying to figure out the process that they take, and how they organize orders. We know it’s not first come first serve.
Dude don’t even bother. There is no rhyme or rhythm. You will cause yourself too much mental anguish trying to figure it out. Just when you think you have it figured out something else comes up that puts your theory to crap. Best advice I can give after going through it. Just sit back and wait for your vin. It will come.

Today would be the early side of the EDD window given at order for me... Right now I am sitting at Sept02-Sept22.

Since mid-June I have been pretty consistently between 8/30 and 9/30 and since the start of July, 8/30 to 9/21. Overlapping by 1 day against the late side of the EDD window at order... Feeling pretty positive that at some point in August I will see a blue button...

7/12 MYLR MSM/black/Gemini- I had an EDD for 2 days. Lost it again. Convinced I’m a 2022 at this point. SA has been MIA for 3 weeks..
Mid-July... I'd say late Oct but before the end of November... If the dates slip in to mid-Dec than it will most certainly be in 2022... End of Quarter & Year push and they will stop sending cars to East Coast, maybe even on the earlier side given it would also be year end...

Someone said they used Saran Wrap for this. Also, Xpel makes a temporary ppf called TracWrap. I highly recommend installing front mud flaps before your trip. It's very easy. You just need a tool for popping out the old fasteners (push pin rivets). I'd recommend spending a few dollars for a metal tool. I had some plastic tools and they didn't work (they bent) so I ended up using a screwdriver. The mud flaps will be quicker and easier to install than any temporary ppf solution you come up with.

You may want to protect the only area Tesla sells ppf for. This is also the area that is protected by front mud flaps.

Good luck! Enjoy the adventure. Don't let ding worry spoil your trip. These beautiful cars can be a reminder of the impermanence of all things.
Thanks so much for all the tips!!

Reactions: BitJam
Mid-July... I'd say late Oct but before the end of November... If the dates slip in to mid-Dec than it will most certainly be in 2022... End of Quarter & Year push and they will stop sending cars to East Coast, maybe even on the earlier side given it would also be year end..
Good to see a fellow Bay Stater! Why would they target the east coast specifically for scaling back?

Good to see a fellow Bay Stater! Why would they target the east coast specifically for scaling back?
Because it's faster to send cars to west coast and Midwest for fast deliveries to meet the numbers. There are many instances during end of quarter a VIN assigned to east coast customer was removed and assigned to someone in west coast to deliver it faster. Some times, even in east coast during end of quarter they give a day or two to pickup the car. Sometimes hours only. If you can't and they know a order with similar config is waiting at same location they will assign to them.

Because it's faster to send cars to west coast and Midwest for fast deliveries to meet the numbers. There are many instances during end of quarter a VIN assigned to east coast customer was removed and assigned to someone in west coast to deliver it faster. Some times, even in east coast during end of quarter they give a day or two to pickup the car. Sometimes hours only. If you can't and they know a order with similar config is waiting at same location they will assign to them.
So we're just chopped liver! Got it.