Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TIme to play a game.

5/25 reservation. Warwick, Rhode Island SC. Model Y Long Range. Blue, black, 20s, 5 seater, no tow, no FSD.

Current EDD 8/20 - 9/6.

Game time! Name when my VIN will hit! Winner receive a hug, a sincere TY, and a few cartwheels in their front yard from me, a 300lb fully tattoo'd 40 year old, who should never attempt a cartwheel... ever....

I just got off the phone with my SA (I had emailed him a couple days ago and he actually called me back!) and as expected no new information lol.

I asked if they had any additional information regarding delivery timelines since we were getting closer. I knew it was a futile request, but I just couldn't handle seeing all these posts about SA's giving extra information about estimates without at least trying to get the same. He said what they usually say about seeing the same dates on their end that we see in our accounts. He did mention that he is seeing a lot of VINs coming through and that hopefully mine will come soon since we are getting closer to the EDD window. He mentioned that new orders are basically waiting until January and that he has never seen dates like this before--basically hinting that I should be happy where I am. I asked about financing since I assumed mine expired but did not see anything suggesting that. He just confirmed what others have said about once I have the VIN they will do another credit check to make sure nothing has really changed. I also wanted to confirm that he was the best person to contact since being in WI it has been confusing if I should work with our service center in Milwaukee where I test drove or the Highland Park, IL location I'll eventually be picking up from. He confirmed to work with him until actually setting up delivery.

I know none of that is new or really helpful to most of you but I always like reading about SA interactions. Now I am just trying to not read into anything about his tone or word choice (like when I said as long as I get it around that EDD window I will be happy--and he just nervously laughed--was that because he knows its going to be way longer than that or was he just being weird??? Did he tell me about January dates because he knows its going to be October by the time the car comes and he wanted to soften the blow??)

Ultimately, I think I do believe that he doesn't really know much more than we do. Even people who have got extra estimates from their SAs--I bet it is 90% made up--either to try and reassure a customer who keeps contacting them (or maybe even mess with them if they are annoyed).

Last edited:
OK, so I’m currently in three queues. I’m in the one at the Fremont factory, I’m in another queue that is exactly the configuration of my car on a local level, and I’m in a third one that is not the same configuration as my car but similar the only thing changes is the exterior paint from black to white. So I now have three chances compared to just one and hopefully I’ll get my Vin sooner

TIme to play a game.

5/25 reservation. Warwick, Rhode Island SC. Model Y Long Range. Blue, black, 20s, 5 seater, no tow, no FSD.

Current EDD 8/20 - 9/6.

Game time! Name when my VIN will hit! Winner receive a hug, a sincere TY, and a few cartwheels in their front yard from me, a 300lb fully tattoo'd 40 year old, who should never attempt a cartwheel... ever....
8/16

Ultimately, I think I do believe that he doesn't really know much more than we do. Even people who have got extra estimates from their SAs--I bet it is 90% made up--either to try and reassure a customer who keeps contacting them (or maybe even mess with them if they are annoyed).
Interestingly enough, mine volunteered extra information without me asking or even contacting them for an update 😂

I scheduled a test drive and they called me to confirm and offered to pull up my order. Gave me my EDD and then gave me some additional information.

OK, so I’m currently in three queues. I’m in the one at the Fremont factory, I’m in another queue that is exactly the configuration of my car on a local level, and I’m in a third one that is not the same configuration as my car but similar the only thing changes is the exterior paint from black to white. So I now have three chances compared to just one and hopefully I’ll get my Vin sooner
@CSTARZZ

Can't wait! The bottle is waiting!

Attachments

• Photo on 8-6-21 at 10.17 AM #2.jpg
    Photo on 8-6-21 at 10.17 AM #2.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 41
You could try giving that VIN (earlier screenshot) to your SA and see if they can match it to you.
She told me this morning, that if she did a manual match, where it was deliberately matched to me, my price would go up by $1500 plus an extra $500. I’m almost not sure she knows what she’s talking about anymore. I think she just wants to tell me things. So I would have to pay an extra $2000 to be manually matched according to her