Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Delivery just called me to confirm that my MY will all be ready to pick up tomorrow at noon! I have been waiting since May 20th for this.
I asked if I should expect chaos during delivery. He said that they are only doing three others at that time. He said that they have a large parking area. He said most likely the car would be inside and when I get there I should just go in and talk to them. This sounds much better than the sterile, no human process I've seen on YouTube.
It is finally going to happen. The countdown begins!!
interior color?

When I drove the P and "punched" it, I realized I had never had that sense of sudden acceleration before. It was amazing and I was hooked!
But @CGeiser , is that not a plane in your profile pick? Commercial planes do a pretty good job of pinning me to my seat during takeoff, just like a Tesla. :)
Precisely why I never test drove a P. Didn’t want to know what I was missing. ;)
I test drove a Performance X and it was darn quick but I still wanted to go faster. Ever since the Raven update the power delivery and acceleration is more refined and smooth, and lacks the punch of earlier models. With pre-Ravens (before May 2019), flooring it in a non-P S/X would cause whiplash if you were not prepared for it.

I used to think the 4-sec 0-60 in our Raven S was all the power I’d ever need but you get used to it and start to want even more. Paying for it is another matter.

Reactions: CGeiser
Took a long time to catch up on the thread, but many pages back some of you were talking about maybe going on hold in hopes of the tax credit being back. I’m not holding my breath on it getting passed but if it does the original proposed bill had this wording:

1. Eliminates the 200,000 cap on cars eligible for tax credits for cars bought after May 24, 2021.​

‍As of now, only GM and Tesla have reached 200,000 EVs produced. GM and Tesla were thus no longer eligible for the EV tax credit, so both companies stand to benefit.

This cap is eliminated retroactively for vehicles sold after May 24, 2021 (Chairman's Mark, p. 30). This means that any cars sold by GM and Tesla after May 24, 2021 will be eligible for up to a $7,500 tax credit. In sum: the 200,000 cap removal would be retroactive and applied to Tesla cars bought after May 24, 2021. A $7,500 tax credit would apply to 2021 taxes that are filed in 2022, so buyers would receive the credit when they file taxes in 2022.”

So if this wording is still in play AND it gets passed, you would still get a $7500 tax credit, if you took delivery after 5/24. Granted you would not get the additional $2500 for being an American company that kicks in 1/1/2022.
My understanding is $7500 is the base amount. For EVs manufactured in the US (i.e. Tesla at the moment is not importing to North America), there is a $2500 bump to $10k. There is also a final $2500 bump which Teslas would not qualify for (up to $12,500) for EVs made in the US + with union labor.

Forgot to include my question :) -> What is your reasoning for thinking Tesla would not qualify for the extra $2500 until next year?

You sir, have a large family!! 6'5 and 300?!!?!?!!?! hehe must be fun to give your boys bear hugs. I give my son hugs too but hes so scrawny!
Lol. Yes, tough to buy clothes for though. When he was 14 he was wearing my hand me downs (I’m 6’2” 230). My wife is also 5’10”. We haven’t all sat in a Y at once, it will be interesting.

No more bear hugs, at this point they man handle me a bit…

Sigh not a good news..I spoke to my SA since my EDD has disappeared for a week now and he is saying that the EDD for my order will be end of October
I hope the SA is wrong. I have same OD. But I ordered black interior with 20” inductions. My EDD disappeared 2 times but always came back within a day. It’s currently at 9/16-9/30 for the past 2 days.

My understanding is $7500 is the base amount. For EVs manufactured in the US (i.e. Tesla at the moment is not importing to North America), there is a $2500 bump to $10k. There is also a final $2500 bump which Teslas would not qualify for (up to $12,500) for EVs made in the US + with union labor.

Forgot to include my question :) -> What is your reasoning for thinking Tesla would not qualify for the extra $2500 until next year?
Because that’s what the original bill stated. The extra $2500 is effective 1/1/2022. Makes sense they would make $7500 available this year so not everyone puts their order on hold. Although based on this thread likely not an issue for Tesla ;) But could impact GM sales of their Bolt.