Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok breakdown!
My SA added me to a declined car list on the local level for a White car, with blk induction, and blk Interior, that will cost me $500 more than my car is right now. But I could possibly get it sooner than Factory. She said she sees my car arriving at THE END of September. I ordered May 28th. With that being said I will have waited about 120 Days if it arrives Sept 22nd.
To be fair, since you changed your order in July, your wait time was essentially reset since order changes are treated as new orders. So it'd be about ~75 days since your new order.

Regarding some of your previous posts about driving a Tesla for rideshare and food delivery: I think you must enjoy driving as a career, have you considered one of the more "traditional" logistics jobs? Being an employee for a courier company, moving company, delivery company, or even trucking? There's a lot of opportunities right now, lots of people hiring and the demand to move goods is really high (short haul or long haul). You may find the financial stability and benefits to ease some of your worries. Anyway, back in the day there was an old timer in the PriusChat forums who drove 300k to 400k miles per year as a licensed medical courier, essentially driving lifesaving equipment, organs, packages, etc. directly between hospitals every day, that are less than 500 miles apart. At those distances it's cheaper and faster to pay a courier.

I'm concerned that driving for Uber Comfort is not going to automatically result in higher hourly pay. Mainly because of fewer riders. You may end up with more idle time waiting for rides. I really want you to be successful, but also have your health and wellbeing in tip top shape, so I look forward to some followup feedback when you get your Model Y, and prove me wrong!

Last edited:
It is true that it is hard to tell sometimes when its completed. I remember reading about some folks who thought they were all set and then ended up talking to their SA and finding out due to some unclear issue they were not showing "complete". I am not 100% but I don't think the payment method impacts delivery time--but if changed your color or configuration, possible did not add your insurance, or had something else outstanding that was on your home page those might all contribute. I think its a good idea to get confirmation from your SA that you are all set!
The SAs told me as long as you see those two checkmarks, you are in the clear. BUT I would still call an SA and make sure. When I called, I found out my location for registration was my previous MI address, and apparently, it was not fixed the first time and was still getting delivered there. So, yeah...I would call for sure even if you see both those checked. It took 4 calls to make sure (for me) that they indeed fix all the errors but nothing that affected delivery (or so they say).

Attachments

• 2021-08-06.png
    2021-08-06.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
To be fair, since you changed your order in July, your wait time was essentially reset since order changes are treated as new orders. So it'd be about ~75 days since your new order.

Regarding some of your previous posts about driving a Tesla for rideshare and food delivery: I think you must enjoy driving as a career, have you considered one of the more "traditional" logistics jobs? Being an employee for a courier company, moving company, delivery company, or even trucking? There's a lot of opportunities right now, lots of people hiring and the demand to move goods is really high (short haul or long haul). You may find the financial stability and benefits to ease some of your worries. Anyway, back in the day there was an old timer in the PriusChat forums who drove 300k to 400k a year as a licensed medical courier, essentially driving lifesaving equipment, organs, packages, etc. directly between hospitals every day, that are less than 500 miles apart. At those distances it's cheaper and faster to pay a courier.

I'm concerned that driving for Uber Comfort is not going to automatically result in higher hourly pay. Mainly because of fewer riders. You may end up with more idle time waiting for rides. I really want you to be successful, but also have your health and wellbeing in tip top shape, so I look forward to some followup feedback when you get your Model Y, and prove me wrong!
Great call man, I work in the hospital, and we get a lot of labs that we can draw but not test in-house, and we actually call these drivers over. I know at night, if we call for a STAT, they charge us A LOT, and I bet those drivers get a little more for picking it up.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Ooof that's a good point. We don't really know what happens when you change your order. We hypothesize that it essentially resets it as you said, but I'm not sure we know for sure. If so, that's gonna sting a bit.

Ooof that's a good point. We don't really know what happens when you change your order. We hypothesize that it essentially resets it as you said, but I'm not sure we know for sure. If so, that's gonna sting a bit.
when I placed my order, my SA told me I could make changes, but any changes would move me to the back of the line, so make sure I select exactly what I wanted.

Regarding some of your previous posts about driving a Tesla for rideshare and food delivery: I think you must enjoy driving as a career, have you considered one of the more "traditional" logistics jobs? Being an employee for a courier company, moving company, delivery company, or even trucking? There's a lot of opportunities right now, lots of people hiring and the demand to move goods is really high (short haul or long haul). You may find the financial stability and benefits to ease some of your worries. Anyway, back in the day there was an old timer in the PriusChat forums who drove 300k to 400k a year as a licensed medical courier, essentially driving lifesaving equipment, organs, packages, etc. directly between hospitals every day, that are less than 500 miles apart. At those distances it's cheaper and faster to pay a courier.

June not July. June 19

My pay will stay the same, but I can sleep more, start working out again, spend time with family and friends since I’d have to work less hours to make the same thing.

$1400x4=$5600-$1000(gas for a month)=$4600 < In current car.

The same hours and still make more. With the Tesla I have no gas, so I’ll be at 5600/month.

The real benefit is when off-season starts, most Uber drivers go down to about $600 a week. With the Tesla I would make $600 a week, with my car currently I make about $450 a week.

Tesla Delivery just called me to confirm that my MY will all be ready to pick up tomorrow at noon! I have been waiting since May 20th for this.
I asked if I should expect chaos during delivery. He said that they are only doing three others at that time. He said that they have a large parking area. He said most likely the car would be inside and when I get there I should just go in and talk to them. This sounds much better than the sterile, no human process I've seen on YouTube.
It is finally going to happen. The countdown begins!!

My pay will stay the same, but I can sleep more, start working out again, spend time with family and friends since I’d have to work less hours to make the same thing.

$1400x4=$5600-$1000(gas for a month)=$4600 < In current car.

The same hours and still make more. With the Tesla I have no gas, so I’ll be at 5600/month.

The real benefit is when off-season starts, most Uber drivers go down to about $600 a week. With the Tesla I would make $600 a week, with my car currently I make about $450 a week.
The only thing I worry about is Tesla's "Supercharger Fair Use Policy" regarding Superchargers. If you do not plan on using them, meh, you should be fine. Just looking out for you man.

Took a long time to catch up on the thread, but many pages back some of you were talking about maybe going on hold in hopes of the tax credit being back. I’m not holding my breath on it getting passed but if it does the original proposed bill had this wording:

1. Eliminates the 200,000 cap on cars eligible for tax credits for cars bought after May 24, 2021.​

‍As of now, only GM and Tesla have reached 200,000 EVs produced. GM and Tesla were thus no longer eligible for the EV tax credit, so both companies stand to benefit.

This cap is eliminated retroactively for vehicles sold after May 24, 2021 (Chairman's Mark, p. 30). This means that any cars sold by GM and Tesla after May 24, 2021 will be eligible for up to a $7,500 tax credit. In sum: the 200,000 cap removal would be retroactive and applied to Tesla cars bought after May 24, 2021. A $7,500 tax credit would apply to 2021 taxes that are filed in 2022, so buyers would receive the credit when they file taxes in 2022.”

So if this wording is still in play AND it gets passed, you would still get a $7500 tax credit, if you took delivery after 5/24. Granted you would not get the additional $2500 for being an American company that kicks in 1/1/2022.
The 2500 only applies to unionized American made cars. Tesla is not unionized.

Absolutely, we don't know for sure. Anecdotally, it does push you back a ways in terms of wait time, but may or may not put you in the last of the queue.

So many things we don't know and we have zero visibility on, such as production schedule, batching, train/shipment schedules (and delays), and regional demand. Not to mention covid related shortages on chips, seatbelts, whatever. So I fear it's hurting some of us more than it helps when we attempt to develop theories and draw conclusions behind certain movements in VIN assignments and deliveries. For a lot of us here, we laugh and joke about how ridiculously long the wait is, we in truth this is a luxury good that we would like to have (but don't really need right now). For others, this car is a direct correlation to income and physical stability (food, clothing, shelter, etc.), so these batshit theories take on A LOT of meaning...and feel more traumatic/hurtful when they turn out incorrect.

@CSTARZZ love you man, I am here to support you, and I hope you get your car soon.

Reactions: You Know Who