Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I'm having a Tesla wall charger installed for at-home charging, what else do I need to get for on-the-go charging? I can't remember what's all included with the vehicle.
a j1772 adapter, but i think that comes with the tesla ( correct me if am wrong )
J1772 comes with.

Technically you wouldn't need anything. If you're going someplace regularly that has some sort of a higher voltage or amperage plug maybe an adapter for the UMC.

The UMC also comes standard with the vehicle.

We have never used the UMC to charge away from home on our M3. Got it in November 2019 and have 22k on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MBx4
EDD moved back a day on the front end and up a day on the backend. 8/9-8/26 Shrinking my window by 2 days this time. My window has been shrinking by one day the past couple days because of the last day staying this same, but this time it moved closer giving me that 2 day shrink. I’ll take it. Really hoping to see a VIN soon. Let’s go week 12 🙏

If I'm having a Tesla wall charger installed for at-home charging, what else do I need to get for on-the-go charging? I can't remember what's all included with the vehicle.
OOoo adapters, I've done some research on that. My understanding is to expect a mobile charger with standard home plug (NEMA 5-20) plus a J1772 adapter for non Tesla charging stations.

I decided to order a couple things for myself to ensure lots of on-the-road charging options... so I bought a NEMA 14-50 adapter for at home charging (and got a 50amp wall plug installed). But that will also work at many trailer parks. I've also ordered the Tesla 10-30 plug (3 prong electric dryer) and an off the shelf adapter for 4-prong (NEMA 14-30P to NEMA 10-30R). That combo allows me to anyone's electric dryer outlet.

I also did some reading at CarCharging.us to learn about older trailer parks that might have the old and slow TT-30 outlets (120v 30 amp) so I've got a way to cobble that together in a real pinch. But honestly, with the SuperCharger network I don't really expect to need any of that.

Reactions: TESRP
Date moved way further this morning. Was doing well for last two days with shrinking EDD.

At this rate and Q end push for west coast, I am not going to expect the delivery till October now.

08/05 - EDD 08/19 - 09/07
08/06 - EDD 08/20 - 09/07
08/07 - EDD 08/31 - 09/20
Not sure what happened today. I also moved further… from 8/20-9/6 to 9/2-9/2.
This is frustrating, originally I had late July EDD.

Reactions: TESRP
EDD moved back a day on the front end and up a day on the backend. 8/9-8/26 Shrinking my window by 2 days this time. My window has been shrinking by one day the past couple days because of the last day staying this same, but this time it moved closer giving me that 2 day shrink. I’ll take it. Really hoping to see a VIN soon. Let’s go week 12 🙏
Mines been doing the exact same

I believe @potter287 ordered in late May. Not sure of exact config. I know white on white MYLR. I ordered 6/25, MYLR, MSM, white interior, induction wheels and FSD
When did you both order and what is your config? We seem to be very close in EDD…
I ordered on 5/25. LR5, white on white, induction wheels, no tow and no fsd. @paobrien7 and I have had pretty similar EDDs for awhile now

My may 31 order shows a September delivery. (EDD at order was 2 weeks). My email SA and sms SA (two different people) haven’t responded to my requests so I called the Tesla sales line yesterday. I confirmed that my cousin’s referral code is in my account and had the call center guy remove my trade in (im not trading in a car). I’m also not financing. The guy who helped me used to work in a MA store and now works at home as a virtual SA. He said that he couldn’t guarantee it but that I should be receiving my vin soon. He told me he’s seeing similar configs to mine getting vins so I guess that’s good. At least it’s not October any more. My charger is glowing green in my garage….

Reactions: MBx4