Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this email from Tesla. Wish I had a Tesla to get to know… is this a sign the vin is incoming?

Attachments

• D67F7519-441C-47C3-BD42-FFD72E7A8981.jpeg
    D67F7519-441C-47C3-BD42-FFD72E7A8981.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 74
6035DC45-530D-43E6-AAF4-0715943B551F.jpeg

May 21st order (Las Vegas) - just got an email saying final payment is ready! Saw I now I have a VIN (246) and the ability to add my bank to pay in full.

Oh and EDD is now October. I don’t want to pay till I have a delivery date (paying cash in full). I don’t need to “add bank account and pay” to continue the process right? I feel like I should wait for the option to schedule a delivery before paying etc… right?

maybe we're all (October EDDs) getting Giga Austin Model Ys
I'm guessing NOT... But I'd like it if true, AND we get the new MY build version.
It's not like Fremont is gonna shut down all MY production the instant GigaTX is producing initial (small) quantities.
TX won't be humming until November / December at best, and batteries remain suspect.
Also, we don't know WHAT VERSION OF MY GigaTX will be building......
Lots of variables.

Those of you that have gotten VINs, how long after you got the "Get to know your Tesla" email did you get your VIN? Just curious if there is any correlation between that email and VIN timing. I doubt it, but just curious.

I ordered May 8th and I'm still on the every day the date moves back one day train...always 2 weeks away. But just got the Get to know your Tesla email which of course was a huge letdown - the excitement of seeing an email from Tesla only to realize it was that email...🤷‍♂️

Those of you that have gotten VINs, how long after you got the "Get to know your Tesla" email did you get your VIN? Just curious if there is any correlation between that email and VIN timing. I doubt it, but just curious.

I ordered May 8th and I'm still on the every day the date moves back one day train...always 2 weeks away. But just got the Get to know your Tesla email which of course was a huge letdown - the excitement of seeing an email from Tesla only to realize it was that email...🤷‍♂️

no email at all, just myyyyy precious vin 😂

Also random update: I'll be posting everything I've installed so far on my MY but one thing I haven't done is get it wrapped. My guy has been backed up for weeks now, and he's doing his best to get me in ASAP. That being said I have installed mud flaps on the front and rear, but all things considered the paint is holding up very well! I clean the exterior every other day, but I haven't been as worried about scratches and chips (so far). Once I finally get an appointment, I'll be getting a 3M wrap and ceramic coating, as well as the front windows and windshield tinted. The roof was already tinted upon pick up, way more tolerable than the MY that I test drove a month ago.

The other thing I'm choosing to hold off on is the AB. Honestly, the car feels quick AF right now and I decided that the moment that I get used to it, is the moment that I pull the trigger on the AB. I know I said it would be the first thing I did, but I want to save some more Tesla magic for further on down the road. I'll be posting my install list soon, but wanted to update you all on this in the meantime. Hopefully it helps someone decide what to do once they take delivery.

Sending good VIN vibes always,
Ira

I got my VIN last Friday and I got the get to know your Tesla email tonight. So I don't think there's a correlation there, unfortunately.