Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haha....here was my routine. I drank my normal 1 gallon of coffee, made dad jokes to the kids, made breakfast burritos, did three sets of kettle bell swings thinking I am cooler than I am, then goosebumps and jumps of joy when I saw that beautiful blue button. I actually just stared at it for 2-3 seconds thinking the page looked different or something before I realized what it actually said ....

View attachment 694962
Just seeing your snip gave me goosebumps.

Guess I'm heading to my local sporting goods store to buy some kettle bells and hurt myself swinging them tomorrow morning.

Got so swamped today at work forgot to update for those locally. Got the long awaited text to set up appointment and make final payment. Delivery scheduled for 8/20 but may be as early as 8/18. SA say it is on the train heading this way.
D3FFD773-CCA0-4BCF-90FE-3168861B466D.jpeg

Hi everyone! So it does appear they are shipping out the MYP faster than I expected. I was told by my SA September/October build dates.

Knowing what a roller coaster it’s been during my journey waiting. I feel a sense of guilt receiving my VIN today. Especially knowing there are multiple people who have April/May order dates. Just want to say thank you again for all the great peeps on this forum!!

This morning when I checked my EDD for the 400th time it was 8/12-8/22. Then I happen to receive an email from Tesla requesting cash final payment. I needed to have it switched to finance. So I quickly texted the SA that I interacted with a day after my order date 7/19. It was crickets for a few hours and decided to call the 800#. They switched it right away and finance was approved within minutes (2.49 I’ll take it so it will be less hassle). Haven’t received the text to schedule delivery yet. But, my current delivery date is stating 8/12-8/15. Super excited and want to send positive vibes and some Aloha spirit to those that are still waiting! You guys have this and will be roll’n in your beautiful Tesla’s soon!! Mahalo!

Order date 7/19| MYP | MSM | White interior | Tow | No FSD| 8/10: VIN 248### ( no delivery yet 😊)

Got so swamped today at work forgot to update for those locally. Got the long awaited text to set up appointment and make final payment. Delivery scheduled for 8/20 but may be as early as 8/18. SA say it is on the train heading this way. View attachment 694967
Your order date is 2 days after mine, the only build difference is the wheels. I am still EDD September 11-30. I will go cry in a corner.

• Funny
Reactions: Hangover
Hi everyone! So it does appear they are shipping out the MYP faster than I expected. I was told by my SA September/October build dates.

Knowing what a roller coaster it’s been during my journey waiting. I feel a sense of guilt receiving my VIN today. Especially knowing there are multiple people who have April/May order dates. Just want to say thank you again for all the great peeps on this forum!!

This morning when I checked my EDD for the 400th time it was 8/12-8/22. Then I happen to receive an email from Tesla requesting cash final payment. I needed to have it switched to finance. So I quickly texted the SA that I interacted with a day after my order date 7/19. It was crickets for a few hours and decided to call the 800#. They switched it right away and finance was approved within minutes (2.49 I’ll take it so it will be less hassle). Haven’t received the text to schedule delivery yet. But, my current delivery date is stating 8/12-8/15. Super excited and want to send positive vibes and some Aloha spirit to those that are still waiting! You guys have this and will be roll’n in your beautiful Tesla’s soon!! Mahalo!

Order date 7/19| MYP | MSM | White interior | Tow | No FSD| 8/10: VIN 248### ( no delivery yet 😊)
Congrats! MYP has always been the quick route to delivery 😭

I can tell you the insanity only shifts once you get a VIN and doesn't go away. Here's what you are in for: you will start refreshing your account page to see if the VIN disappears or not and then once you know your delivery date you will wonder why your EDD still moves. Same insanity but with more confidence is all. lol
Glad I’m not the only one! A few times my dashboard didn’t want to load. Yes, wondering why my delivery date just now changed from 8/12-8/15 to 8/10-8-14. I’ll come pick it up tonight lol. My pulse races faster when I hear a new text message chimes on the phone. Lol

So because I have no life besides checking my EDD and Tesla in general:

Tesla Apologizes to Model S Customers for Delays

What struck me was Elektrik’s hypothesis that Tesla is prioritizing orders made more recently to take advantage of the price increases.

Pay more, get quicker is what they seem to be claiming, I hope that is not the case.

Obviously they are producing MYP more quickly than MYLR, however I would be curious to know if:
1. MYP and MYLR share an assembly line (where producing a MYLR or MYP becomes a zero sum game) or if they are separate assembly lines where one is not produced at the expense of the other.
2. If MYLR and MYP are separate assembly lines (per this article), is Tesla prioritizing delivery for customers who are paying $53,990 over those paying $49,990/$50,990/$52,990 etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeeMike

What struck me was Elektrik’s hypothesis that Tesla is prioritizing orders made more recently to take advantage of the price increases.

Pay more, get quicker is what they seem to be claiming, I hope that is not the case.
Isn't that exactly what is happening LR vs P delivery times?

I hope this is not the case, but I have seen quite a few late June orders get VINs the past few days. In some cases, the exact same build as my own 🤔

Reactions: ZeeMike