Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning team, as folks post updates on their morning EDD checks, and I have nothing to offer on that front, I thought I'd share with you a road rage story from this morning. Okay, maybe not quite to the level of "rage", more like road aggression.

It's 6:15am, and I'm driving my routine route about a mile and half from my house to the trailhead/park where I do my workout. I live off of a very suburban residential 30mph road, one lane each way. I cruise along at a comfortable steady 37 to 38 mph, and this guy behind me in a brand new Bronco Sport hammers it and catches up to me. I approach the red light and move into the left turn lane with blinkers on, he cuts over the yellow median line, thought he was just going to run the red light and go around me in an intersection, but then slams on his brakes and goes back to the lane right beside me. He rolls down his window and starts talking and gesturing to me (no offensive gestures, just moving his hands). At this point I think either he wants to fight me and I'm stuck at the light with him, or he is just an sh*t driver and wants to talk about something he saw wrong with my car or something. So I roll down my window.

BS: You ****ing ***hole you cut me off man!
Me: I was in front of you and I used my signal to move into the left turn lane. How can I cut you off if I've been in front of you the whole time?
BS: You only wanted to turn left because you saw me trying to turn left!
Me: Okay man, it's okay, I drive this route every day, go ahead of me, it's fine it's not a big deal to me.
BS: You ****ing ***hole man
Me: Hey dude, it's 6 in the morning. It's going to be a beautiful day, we're okay, you're okay, have a good day.

At this point I don't think he was expecting me to continue to de-escalate, and not take up on his taunts of calling me a "****ing ***hole". His voice slowed down a bit, no longer shouting, more like angrily muttering.

BS: Did I agree to have a nice day? You're going to get it man. You're going to get what's coming to you. (more muttering and fist raising)
Me: Dude, I'm wishing you a nice day, it's fine you don't agree. It's okay man, everything is fine.

Light turns agree, and as expected, he cuts in front of me, turns left. I was honestly a little surprised at how focused BS was in his road rage - no racial epithets, things about my mother, etc. so I guess I was a little impressed. Maybe if I goaded him a little he would've thrown in a few racially charged insults. But anyway, told my wife that someone tried to pick a fight with me at a light, told her the story, and she was like "eh, that's it? I just keep the window closed, let them fume" and I was like, hey for me that was pretty stressful! I was prepared to fight him, not sure if he was going to come over to my car!

Anyway, that was my adventure for the day. I don't think I've seen random road rage in the last decade towards me, so fun times! Back to EDDs and VINs and whatnot.
Love it. The self-centered idea that you must have cut him off when you saw he was going left speaks to my inner New Jersey, besides how delusional it is.

Now this is the true definition of what a luxury ev should be
A swing and a miss buddy. I'm done with bimmers; I refer to them as "Beavers" now. I had several of them, last one was a 2018 440i Gran Coupe.
I was planning to get the i4 but the new fugly grille ruined for me; it's disgusting, and now it's spreading to the entire BMW lineap.
The iX or any Beaver for that matter could fly or be used as submarine, and I would still not get it, as I would never drive such a hideous car.

Reactions: TheSackLakeKid
For kicks, I decided to wager $100 on seeing what dates I would get if I put in an MYP this morning. So, I placed one in MSM and submitted the info, dates came back as 8/26-9/11. I'm sure it'll change tomorrow, but I thought it was interesting. Now I guess I have a decision to make, my LRMY order placed on 6/4 is still holding at 11/9-11/29 for reference.

• Funny
Reactions: kalabungadude
Good morning team, as folks post updates on their morning EDD checks, and I have nothing to offer on that front, I thought I'd share with you a road rage story from this morning. Okay, maybe not quite to the level of "rage", more like road aggression.

It's 6:15am, and I'm driving my routine route about a mile and half from my house to the trailhead/park where I do my workout. I live off of a very suburban residential 30mph road, one lane each way. I cruise along at a comfortable steady 37 to 38 mph, and this guy behind me in a brand new Bronco Sport hammers it and catches up to me. I approach the red light and move into the left turn lane with blinkers on, he cuts over the yellow median line, thought he was just going to run the red light and go around me in an intersection, but then slams on his brakes and goes back to the lane right beside me. He rolls down his window and starts talking and gesturing to me (no offensive gestures, just moving his hands). At this point I think either he wants to fight me and I'm stuck at the light with him, or he is just an sh*t driver and wants to talk about something he saw wrong with my car or something. So I roll down my window.

BS: You ****ing ***hole you cut me off man!
Me: I was in front of you and I used my signal to move into the left turn lane. How can I cut you off if I've been in front of you the whole time?
BS: You only wanted to turn left because you saw me trying to turn left!
Me: Okay man, it's okay, I drive this route every day, go ahead of me, it's fine it's not a big deal to me.
BS: You ****ing ***hole man
Me: Hey dude, it's 6 in the morning. It's going to be a beautiful day, we're okay, you're okay, have a good day.

At this point I don't think he was expecting me to continue to de-escalate, and not take up on his taunts of calling me a "****ing ***hole". His voice slowed down a bit, no longer shouting, more like angrily muttering.

BS: Did I agree to have a nice day? You're going to get it man. You're going to get what's coming to you. (more muttering and fist raising)
Me: Dude, I'm wishing you a nice day, it's fine you don't agree. It's okay man, everything is fine.

Light turns agree, and as expected, he cuts in front of me, turns left. I was honestly a little surprised at how focused BS was in his road rage - no racial epithets, things about my mother, etc. so I guess I was a little impressed. Maybe if I goaded him a little he would've thrown in a few racially charged insults. But anyway, told my wife that someone tried to pick a fight with me at a light, told her the story, and she was like "eh, that's it? I just keep the window closed, let them fume" and I was like, hey for me that was pretty stressful! I was prepared to fight him, not sure if he was going to come over to my car!

Anyway, that was my adventure for the day. I don't think I've seen random road rage in the last decade towards me, so fun times! Back to EDDs and VINs and whatnot.

You should've just told him you used your mind powers to make him follow you.

Very nice! I've had my Gen-1 Peloton for awhile now. Not as nice as the MYP, but the Peloton gets better mileage.

Got my shirt long ago when rides were actually rides. You know, where I'd ride for 45-60 min each ride to get to that 100 rides. Now total rides can include the separate 5 min warmup ride, the actual workout ride, the 5 min cooldown ride, and the 10 min post ride stretch. Not to mention all of the "off bike" workouts they added.

#Rob1124 here. Also ordered an Ergatta rower that should be here in a few weeks, if anyone is on that platform!

Maybe we should start a TeslaY hashtag on Peloton....
#DadBodShawn - and yes - I don't do that cheating stuff. I have a friend who has like 3000 rides, but that's because he does 4 or 5 separate rides to equal 30 or 45 of actual work. Rarely I'll do a two-fer if I am recovering and want a break in between 20 or so minutes.

Reactions: PatrickTM
So dates haven't changed at all. This is the first time that I've been within 2 weeks of my window (with the exception of when I ordered in June and was told I'd have it in 10 days). The only thing that concerns me is that my windows are ALWAYS 20 days. They never expand or shrink. Probably not a great sign.. Fingers crossed that I'm getting close! Good luck today everyone!

For kicks, I decided to wager $100 on seeing what dates I would get if I put in an MYP this morning. So, I placed one in MSM and submitted the info, dates came back as 8/26-9/11. I'm sure it'll change tomorrow, but I thought it was interesting. Now I guess I have a decision to make, my LRMY order placed on 6/4 is still holding at 11/9-11/29 for reference.
Good call. As you can see on this thread the P's are getting delivered way faster than the LR's.

Reactions: ApolloSquare
Still no update since receiving my VIN - EDD is holding steady at 8/18 - 8/24. Haven’t heard anything from anyone at Tesla, and the review agreements button was grayed out up until my trade in offer expired; now it is gone while I wait for a new valuation. While I’m happy to be so close, some contact from Tesla would be nice.
I am not sure where you are located but if you call them I bet you find out some good info on when yours is arriving. That is the only way I found anything out after getting my VIN (still haven't heard from them).

I won’t believe it til they invite us to come get it lol it’s hard to believe they assigned a vin while the car was in transit. But maybe that’s normal??

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. Definitely call them up again today, we lucked out yesterday with a super helpful employee.
That is completely normal. The wait from that point was the hardest...but so worth it when you drive your car off the lot.

You've taken the same approach that I did. My EDDs are now within a day...with the LR getting pushed out a day this week. If that trend holds, they will have the same EDDs tomorrow. 😒

Initially, I thought the LR VIN would show up first, but now my money is on the P. If that happens, the only question that remains is when will my wife agree to take the LR when that VIN finally arrives. LOL

Reactions: ApolloSquare
So dates haven't changed at all. This is the first time that I've been within 2 weeks of my window (with the exception of when I ordered in June and was told I'd have it in 10 days). The only thing that concerns me is that my windows are ALWAYS 20 days. They never expand or shrink. Probably not a great sign.. Fingers crossed that I'm getting close! Good luck today everyone!
Same here. My 28th May order still has a 20 day EDD range 15th Aug - 4th Sept.

according to my first peloton report….. i can just plug into my MYP to charge her up. #ifonly
How in TF did you get 274 output in your first 30 minute ride? My gosh do I hate being a 110lb pipsqueak AND being competitive. I just can't compete on that bike with anyone bigger/heavier.
I’ll try to find you and add you!! If you get a friend request from a “peloforfries” it’s a me!
If you see someone with a Philly-esque name, it's me :)