Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y does not come with homelink. We have it sitting on the table waiting for the car. My feeling is UNLESS you know an FSD price hike is coming wait until you have the car. Tesla's system is so screwed up I wouldn't trust it to make ANY change.
The other thing is if you have a credit card that give rewards at least you can get that back. In my case I get 2%; $200 isn't a lot, but it's better than nothing.

He is referring to delay you might add if you make any changes to order now. As it's 10K before and after you can do it after getting the car. But if you have before, you can add it to loan. After delivery comes as your credit card purchase.

Homelink isn't connected to fsd. You can buy it online and after it is delivered to your home, you can setup a service appointment to get it installed. Personally homelink isn't that great to me for the price. It's nothing but a smart garage opener which knows it's location. It doesn't know if the garage is open or closed, it just sends a signal. A wifi garage opener is better and I heard Elon mentioning that they will integrate wifi garage opener as a software update back in April 2020. It should be coming in "2 weeks" if you know what I mean.
I have homelink in my current car, but it's not 'smart' in any sense I understand. I still have to push a button to open or close the garage door. Is the Tesla homelink 'smart' in that it will automatically open and close the garage door based on you approaching or leaving it?

Reactions: PatrickTM
I have homelink in my current car, but it's not 'smart' in any sense I understand. I still have to push a button to open or close the garage door. Is the Tesla homelink 'smart' in that it will automatically open and close the garage door based on you approaching or leaving it?

Yes, and you can set the distance.

Reactions: PatrickTM and Wigan
Even though I'm as close as you can seemingly get to the delivery window it has been that way for quite some time and I'm just annoyed with it. Seeing all these super recent P orders get VINs and getting a little bit of a wonder if I'd kick myself for not getting the P led me to do a thing just now....

• Funny
Reactions: Imeddy8
Yes. Its location based so when you are pulling up to your home, it opens and when leaving it closes. It's not that crazy smart as it's just a garage opener built into software. Which means, if your garage door is already open and you pull up to your home, it closes in your face. I don't have my car or homelink but based on common knowledge that's how it works. Whereas a wifi based garage openers are real smart and they know the state of garage whether it is open or not. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong about homelink.

Reactions: PatrickTM and Wigan
Even though I'm as close as you can seemingly get to the delivery window it has been that way for quite some time and I'm just annoyed with it. Seeing all these super recent P orders get VINs and getting a little bit of a wonder if I'd kick myself for not getting the P led me to do a thing just now....
Tesla is doing real shitty tactics with LR and they are clearly prioritizing P orders.

Reactions: Threader and ajs847
Better put on Darth's helmet to block all of the haters.

1628991843564.png

Yes. Its location based so when you are pulling up to your home, it opens and when leaving it closes. It's not that crazy smart as it's just a garage opener built into software. Which means, if your garage door is already open and you pull up to your home, it closes in your face. I don't have my car or homelink but based on common knowledge that's how it works. Whereas a wifi based garage openers are real smart and they know the state of garage whether it is open or not. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong about homelink.
$63k and I'll be manually pushing a button I'm clipping to my visor - that comes standard in a $14k Hyundai - who's the sucker haha

So my EDD has been relatively consistent at 17-30 Sept for the last few days. I have zero faith that it will make the EoQ push.

My trade in expired last Sunday, i updated the odometer within minutes, but i still have not gotten my trade in valuation back. Called TYCO and the generic Tesla number multiple times throughout the week and have not been able to get anybody to take my call. My concern is that last time my valuation expired, my EDD slid back a month. Will the delay in valuation completion result in my order being put in the back of the line again?

I know that this has been said time and again, but this is hands down the worst customer service experience I have had in my life.

Thanks for letting me vent, hope that everyone has a happy weekend
My trade-in offer expired 5 days before I got my VIN. I contacted my SA 72 hrs after submitting the odometer (same day that expired) bc I hadn’t received and offer, she suggested taking the offer off my profile so it could show completed, and adding it after getting a VIN. She took it off and miraculously I got my VIN the following day.

EDD just updated to Aug 25 - 31 🙌🏾. For those that have gotten loans from other banks, how did that work? I currently have mine as cash but will switch to financing shortly. Will go with USAA as it’s simpler for me and has decent rates (1.89). Applied and got it approved today. Anyone have steps of how this goes? I’ll put down about 20k cash and finance the rest. Any guidance would be appreciated. Also, I’m feeling lazy, if you have a link to the model y inspection checklist, I’d really appreciate it.
Can't comment on switching from cash to financing, but presumably if you call your SA, they can make that adjustment...I had 3rd party loan the entire time. I also did USAA. Once you have applied and finalized things on USAA's end, they have a dealer request for financing document that you can send/email to Tesla...or at least, I had to do that ahead of time because I had to purchase the car before it can cross the state line into Michigan. You may want to ask your SA when the timing should be on that part or whether you can just bring things in to the pick up. My local place was very familiar with the documents and with USAA but they did say the signatures had to be from higher up and took a few days to get straightened out.

Reactions: Jonasbrotha