Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He w

He was being sarcastic. Pretty sure he has openly shut down people who criticized people for getting the P regardless of reason.
Thanks - you're spot on. It's not that serious at all. There's truth in the MYP getting prioritized. But I'm not here complaining about MYPs getting delivered over MYLRs, nor do I care if people have 5 orders of each car. More power to them. It was seriously just in jest lol...I thought the winky face emoji would try and diffuse it, but guess not.

shrug. Here's a gif to try and diffuse the situation further.

So if a current inventory car pops up that has FSD and is new/demo the FSD can be removed? So that'll take $10k off the price? Is that how it works?

My husband just told me he'd rather wait and chance/hope on getting the newer battery if it's going to be a December delivery date and hopefully get one from Texas. *shrugs* I'm not holding out for a new battery, I doubt it'll even happen. Thoughts?

Thanks - you're spot on. It's not that serious at all. There's truth in the MYP getting prioritized. But I'm not here complaining about MYPs getting delivered over MYLRs, nor do I care if people have 5 orders of each car. More power to them. It was seriously just in jest lol...I thought the winky face emoji would try and diffuse it, but guess not.

shrug. Here's a gif to try and diffuse the situation further.

Everyone would be a lot happier if they took 60 minutes with Cody ❤️

So if a current inventory car pops up that has FSD and is new/demo the FSD can be removed? So that'll take $10k off the price? Is that how it works?

My husband just told me he'd rather wait and chance/hope on getting the newer battery if it's going to be a December delivery date and hopefully get one from Texas. *shrugs* I'm not holding out for a new battery, I doubt it'll even happen. Thoughts?
yes.. if its new or demo and has FSD already, it can be removed for 10K. If it's used then they cannot make any changes.

new battery probably might not happen this year and who knows when it happens next year as Elon himself said they have some challenges to solve before producing them.

270ish!? You should start a YouTube channel about superchargers, EVgo, Electrify America. It’ll be you traveling to various charging locations and reviewing them. How the location is. The amenities, etc.

Whoops. I meant 257. Either way there are at least 36 crazies... I mean... people with more than me:

Reactions: RyMY and PatrickTM
From reading this thread, I wonder if Tesla has done some analysis that says customers are ~50% more likely to upgrade to MYP when delivery wait exceeds ~75 days. Haha

I personally never struggled deciding between the 2 but I wonder how many people would have never ordered the MYP otherwise.
I think for those who have some need to get the car sooner rather than later (for whatever reason) might consider the cost difference to be worth it. For example, waiting 75+ days and only having one car with multiple drivers. Might be worth it.

Others might be perfectly fine waiting and are just waiting eagerly with excitement (raises hand). While I would love a car now, ultimately it's not worth the cost difference.

At the same time, I feel like that number would be on the lower end - just my guess. There are probably many reservation holders who aren't on forums and checking their EDD daily and are fine waiting. I'd say those of us on forums like this are the smaller set of the MY order population.

all DEMO.. surprised they are pushing out DEMOs sooner this quarter.
That's surprising to see. Isn't it usually later in the quarter? I ordered EOQ last quarter but I saw a bunch of demo units when I test drove on 6/20. Come early July, not a car in sight. Wonder if they're just gonna sell these while they can and just give more demos to the stores.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I feel like people who want perf never considered LR in first place. Most of the switch from LR to P happened as they are delivered faster. Very very rare for people to go to P as LR gives more range.
I agree with this. I never considered LR and went for the extra fun factory (at a high cost). Also, from my experience driving a Tesla from Texas to Virginia, that extra 23 miles in range didn't make a change in number of stops one would have to make. It seemed the only difference was charging time for that extra 23 miles which is just a few minutes at a SC.

Also, fun fact: you can see below when I got my VIN but my MP has been on a train for 7-10 days so far....estimated delivery is the 27th. Not complaining but rather pointing out that just cause you get a VIN it doesn't mean the car is as close to delivery as you might think.

For those unaware, "the contest" I linked above is full of long time owners and newbies alike - most of us a little nuts. Like this guy, who was one of us that drove to South Dakota in May for, um, a group pic in a parking lot also known as the South of Silence Rally :p

"My Sound of Silence trip has drawn to a close. Monday, May 19th—Sunday, August 15th. Over 22 thousand miles."

I had an odd update late yesterday evening.

Tue - 8/30 to 9/17
Wed morning - 9/2 - 9/17
Wed evening - 9/2 - 9/12 That really got me excited, a 10 day window! Surely a VIN is immanent.......uh, no!
Thur - 9/2 - 9/17 so tomorrow I'm expecting 9/3 - 9/17 or 9/18

On August 1st, my beginning EDD was 8/15 - 14 days away. Now, 18 days later, I'm still 14 days away. 14 days away for the rest of my life...

Reactions: GoGators! and TESRP
That's surprising to see. Isn't it usually later in the quarter? I ordered EOQ last quarter but I saw a bunch of demo units when I test drove on 6/20. Come early July, not a car in sight. Wonder if they're just gonna sell these while they can and just give more demos to the stores.

yeah last quarter also i have seen DEMO vehicles coming up last 2 weeks only.. wondering if they are pushing DEMO early to get more sales numbers as they are seeing less production.

yes.. if its new or demo and has FSD already, it can be removed for 10K. If it's used then they cannot make any changes.

new battery probably might not happen this year and who knows when it happens next year as Elon himself said they have some challenges to solve before producing them.
That's what I tried to tell him. He isn't having it. LOL.

Also, are there any cons to buying a demo? I would assume it's been flogged as people test drive those cars, right?

yeah last quarter also i have seen DEMO vehicles coming up last 2 weeks only.. wondering if they are pushing DEMO early to get more sales numbers as they are seeing less production.
Now that I think about it, I would think that they would still want demo vehicles available for test drives throughout the quarter. But then again, seeing as demand is at like 200%, they probably don't even need demo vehicles to test drive to be honest. May as well sell them now and bump numbers lol.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
any new inventory either new or demo can have fsd removed.. for used ones they cannot.
I just purchased an inventory car online a few days ago and am picking it up this weekend. I removed FSD since I don't think that it is really worth it right now and probably wouldn't use it a lot. But I would be interested in trying a monthly subscription for it just to use it for a while and see if it could change my mind. My question is, since I removed FSD from an inventory car, do I assume they keep the FSD computer and HW3 installed on it or would I have to pay the $1000 to have the computer installed to allow me to use FSD?

Reactions: TESRP