Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are you guys seeing all these inventory cars? It has a 200 mile radius and I have yet to see one in NY…..ever. Are you guys inserting other zips? New or used?

I look a lot.
You can look on Tesla buyers guides, worldwide inventory and support for owners. Just put in your search filter parameters. If it is available when you click it, there will be a link in a reddish-pink bar to the Tesla listing...click it and if it is still available, you will be shown the "purchase" screen.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Informative
Reactions: MBx4
There are dozens of us!

Celebrating having snagged an inventory MYP! 🎉
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
  • Solid Black Paint
  • Performance Upgrade
  • 21’’ Überturbine Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • VIN 249XXX
It is going to be sent from Temecula, CA to my local SC in Matthews, NC. EDD August 29 - September 03.
Congrats !!! 🌟 :D🔥 Nice catch.

Thats long distance, how much was that delivery fee on that if you don't mind me asking, since I'm also looking for inventory and live in GA so it might be relevant to a future purchase
The delivery fee was $2k. Definitely not ideal but my husband and I were looking for a black inventory car (we ordered white and changed our mind after seeing a ton on the road) and the majority of inventory seems to be on the west coast.

Reactions: DaveGT
Soft matches are unreliable.! My soft match date has changed at least a few times in the last 2-3 weeks. Who knows, it might change just as often as the Tesla app EDD. On August 2nd I was told that the soft match was Aug. 14th. When the Vin did not arrive, SA told me August 22nd. Stopped by yesterday and now it is August 28th. ERRRRR!!!!! 😡🤬Beyond frustrated!!
A soft match doesn’t make logical sense to me. A vin is a 1-1 relationship with car, and then car 1-1 with owner(ok owners is possible, but 1 MVPA). If you are “soft matched” aren’t you matched ? It’s not like multiple people can be matched to the same VIN. So , isn’t a soft match date just an estimate of when you might get a vin, which is just another estimate like your EDD ?

Reactions: MMurrayGA
The delivery fee was $2k. Definitely not ideal but my husband and I were looking for a black inventory car (we ordered white and changed our mind after seeing a ton on the road) and the majority of inventory seems to be on the west coast.
$2K isn't terrible for cross country I guess, I was thinking you were going to say it was $2500, so better than I thought, just good to know as I consider things especially if I see a Blue LR come up at all.

A soft match doesn’t make logical sense to me. A vin is a 1-1 relationship with car, and then car 1-1 with owner(ok owners is possible, but 1 MVPA). If you are “soft matched” aren’t you matched ? It’s not like multiple people can be matched to the same VIN. So , isn’t a soft match date just an estimate of when you might get a vin, which is just another estimate like your EDD ?
I agree with your logic, but I'm assuming a soft match is a capacity based estimate of when a VIN is available to be assigned to you in the queue. You are XX in the queue of White/Black MYLR with induction wheels. On 8/12 we are going to produce 400 of those configurations which means you are "soft matched".

If the production capacity isn't met, or a different configuration is produced, then the "soft match" slides to the right. On 8/12, they made my MYP White/Black configurations instead and moved you to the right. For example.

IMO “soft match” is just another term tesla created to shut people up lol. I lost count how many times @CSTARZZ mentioned “soft match” and how many times he’s been provided a date.

Just an FYI, but I found a back door on tesla.com and got to a page that gives you the same level of detail the SA's get.

They should've just made it public!
I'm such a sucker. This is why I get in trouble for clicking on random links in my work e-mail. We have an online module we have to do yearly regarding phishing probably targeted at people like me. LOL! As a disclaimer, I'm usually good about it. But once in a while.... something (like this post) is just so intriguing. 😆