Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did it switch to the smaller 12 day window? Has yours been more like 14 days pretty consistently until recently?
Here is my every change from order date except couple September dates I had back in June. As you can see in this, from 30th jul, range start is 2 weeks out.

Screenshot_20210821-124410_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations and happy charging!

You have been an anchor and now we are going to miss your posts🙁.

Nyaa, you are too involved, it will take little longer for you to slip away ;)
That is true with your last statement. Even though I don't reply frequently with EDD trends and all, I will be hanging out and looking out for people getting their VIN and excitement

Last edited:
Yea I signed up and asked them to hold off on activating the policy until I call the morning of my still to be determined delivery date. Geico has been great to us. A few years ago I got a crack in my bmw windshield that spiderwebbed. Geico fully reimbursed for the cost of the OEM replacement after I had it done because I had to fly to my wedding the next day, just submitted the receipt for the repair. Plus we get a pretty nice discount bundling all our policies together - the agent said I should expect our home policy reflect a nice discount for adding the Tesla.
Just shop around to be safe. Geico wanted to triple my rate to insure my Y. Progressive and State Farm were the only decent quotes and were only like $10/month more than my current rate.

Generally from what I have heard it is pretty hefty, but I can also provide you my real numbers since I was just checking. These may or may not apply to you, and you may choose different levels of coverage.

We have a somewhat recent year Tiguan and a 2012 VW Golf. The Golf pushes up our premium because it was totaled and my FIL bought it at auction and fixed it up, so it has a salvaged AND "not actual miles" title. Both cars are listed as "pleasure" for now since we both switched to 95% remote work. This is about $1020 for the year.

If I wanted to add the Y, it would be $1,800 for the year. If I wanted to replace the Golf (not sure what I will do yet because of very limited market value with a salvage title, despite being in perfect mechanical order) my annual premium would be $1,344

I have heard on here Progressive provides the best rates for Teslas so I plan to get a quote there and can send an update when I do.
Yeah I have USAA/Progressive and I’m Florida I’m paying roughly $362 (6 month) for a Chevy Spark 21 (paid off) and basic coverage. I asked for a quote for the MY (financed) and I got a premium of $545 (6 mon) with increased benefits (want to cover more on this car) but if I wanted the bare minimal it was $476 (6 mon). Again, so many factors. I have student discount, healthcare, been with them for 8 years, military (step-father is navy), good driver (did that snapshot thing), and bundling with renters. Just wanted to share but I would shop around because regular USAA wanted to charge me $971 (6 mon) with the same coverage.

Hi guys quick question regarding DCU rate match..currently my MYP is set to cash..once I get the vin should I first apply via DCU and then ask SA to change to Tesla finance and rate match? I already have an approved Tesla finance for MYLR
[email protected]
You will email them with proof of the lower rate and some other information to match it.

Reactions: PatrickTM and Rovin
Hi guys quick question regarding DCU rate match..currently my MYP is set to cash..once I get the vin should I first apply via DCU and then ask SA to change to Tesla finance and rate match? I already have an approved Tesla finance for MYLR
Once you have VIN, contact DCU, get your loan approved using MVPA. then contact your SA and get your order changed to finance and go through that application process. Meanwhile you will get your DocuSign from DCU and send that over to ratematch and see if they can match. Not every ratematch is guaranteed. I personally have multiple auto loans before with DCU and will go with them. Not worth hassle to go through Tesla and rate match and all that process.

Here is my every change from order date except couple September dates I had back in June. As you can see in this, from 30th jul, range start is 2 weeks out.

View attachment 699531
Interesting trend…over the last 6 days your window narrowed every day until VIN. My range has always stayed 2 weeks away, but has fairly consistently been about a 14 day window. It will shrink a little, but then get too close together and end date shoots back out. But for the most part it is about 15 days away and a 14 day window almost every single day. So I have no idea what to make of that other than this is pretty much just random 😁

I guess maybe if I start to see the window narrow again I will probably (mistakenly) start getting my hopes up 🤷‍♂️