Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks as if June orders are starting to get VINs en masse. I placed my original order (for a demo car) in June but due to travel, placed my account on hold until July. Does anyone know if Tesla considers my order date to be the original order date of June, or the date I removed the hold in July?
I believe when you remove the hold, positive thing is with your original order if there was a price increase since then you don't have to pay the new increase

Reactions: dwh13
Well folks, was really hoping to wake up to a VIN this morning. Woke up to an October EDD instead 😳. Really hoping this is just a glitch like sometimes happens on Sunday. Day 93.
Your build is my build and if you’re closer to Fremont with an earlier OD than my MY, I’m screwed for this month. Maybe…. Keep hope alive

Reactions: allegedskeptic
Suppose to pickup my MY tomorrow @11am from Mt. Kisco, NY; flying from Rochester, NY to NYC and taking a Lyft from there. Stupid Hurricane Henri is making me nervous they will cancel my flight so I booked an Amtrak as backup.

Nothing will stop me from picking up this car tomorrow, not even Mother Nature.

Okay, that will end my rant for today, happy Sunday everyone.
Changed mine from Monday to Tuesday pickup @ Mt Kisco. Insurance company put a moratorium on issuing new policies due to hurricane. Originally was supposed to pick up on 8/16. Windshield glass replacement took a week.

Reactions: TESRP
Over the last 3-4 days there are a lot of VINs coming in. Hopefully this clears every May order and most of June. Good luck everyone. Hang in there.

Data is the key. Keep tracking data and you will see patterns that estimate your car.
You are right, the pattern that it is all randomness. 😂.

Although with blues and blacks getting VINs I am kind of regretting the color change. Oh well.

I know I am a couple days late, but fffffffffuuu…….I mean congrats on the VIN. It’s a bummer that you will be leaving us soon though.

May 16th order date. I picked up my long range yesterday in Kansas City. The wait is worth it. The show room was packed with potential owners waiting to test drive. I counted 8 employees at one time assisting people. The pick-up process was easy, quick and no hassle. They drove my car outside into the light and said take all the time you want to inspect it. When you're ready, come back inside with the paper work on the dash, sign it and we'll transfer the car over to your phone app. SA spent 20 minutes answering my questions on charging, spare tire, etc... and then we walked out and drove home. No pressure to buy additional service plans or accessories. Great experience and I found every panel fit well, paint matched, no scratches or dents or smudges. I have a mile of gravel on my daily commute so I ordered rubber floor mats, front mud flaps and I'm trying to decide if I want to add some clear protection as well. Definitely going to tint the windows a bit. I had a 158 mile drive home on a 85 degree sunny day I had the air set at 62 with the fan on level four. That ate up some electrons.

Anyone have experience with something this...?

My MYP has an EDD of Sept 2 - 15. I am trading in my 2014 Model S to Tesla. Last week it gave me a bunch of errors and wouldn't start. I had it towed to Tesla service. Waiting to hear back... I really don't want to pay to fix it if it's going away but idk if Tesla will take it if it's not running. I know this is a rare situation but it would be way cheaper for Tesla to fix it than me and give it back to them days later. 😔

I got the dreaded October EDD this morning. 😳
WTF?! Your EDD frightens me! I too, ordered white paint and black leather, completing profile a day before you and we are both located in the greater Sacramento area. I’m game for rallying a group of us and demanding our cars from Fremont factory!! Whose in?! Think I may drive down there myself, if I don’t receive my VIN by September 1st

More details, apologies. I got my Vin via email yesterday (with my SA on CC, with was a bit unexpected). Before getting vin, my EDD had stayed steady at sept 2-14 (a 12 day range) for 4-5 days. EDD after VIN is Sept 5-8, but I’m hoping I can snag it before the holiday weekend!
I assume you are picking yours up in Alpharetta-Roswell, or at Alpharetta-Avalon? I wound up test driving at Avalon, but was curious where pickup actually occurs?

I assume you are picking yours up in Alpharetta-Roswell, or at Alpharetta-Avalon? I wound up test driving at Avalon, but was curious where pickup actually occurs?
Great question, actually… my SA and test drive were at Avalon, but it doesn’t have pickup location anywhere on the site… I think we had the option when we ordered, but it’s been a while and I don’t know what we put 😂

Update: dug into the purchase agreement and the seller is listed as “Tesla Inc 1400 Upper Hembree Rd Roswell, GA 30076”

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
How does it work? Keep order until vin is received then cancel? Would the car be reassigned or would it go in the inventory?
I believe you just reject delivery with the DC and they will vin match it to someone else.. same as if one isn’t able to take delivery within 72 hours they would then match the VIN to someone else.
I chose not to cancel because I just want to see when I would actually get a VIN if I had chosen to wait ☺️

Reactions: jimfleurie
OK so no change in my EDD which is still sitting at 10/25-11/14 since the 18th. However things I've done to pass the time
1. Got the charging outlet installed
2. Ordered a 14-50 adapter
3. Ordered the dash/monitor/glass whatever you want to call it protector film, saw a deal on amazon late at night so grabbed it
4. Shopped around for mudflaps, thinking of getting the tesmanian as that seems to be a good option I see a lot of folks on these forums going with
5. Shopping around for floor mats and trunk mats, seems like the maxpider ones are mostly sold out / backorder everywhere. Thinking of getting the tesmanian trunk, and maxpider interior

Also I made a chart of my wait, because why not...the yellow is the last date on the EDD, not the front (trying to set realistic expectations), idea is when the green and yellow meet is when I should get it. Difference is the range between the EDD dates. The time from order is the high date of the EDD difference from my order date

View attachment 699913
Have you (or anyone else here) considered Rally Armor mud flaps? I had them for my Subaru years ago, and they worked and held up really well. Just pricey. Wondering if anyone has experience with them in this decade.

I'm looking for my VIN all the time but I'm not sure I know how to react. Am I to be excited that I finally have it, knowing that I am continuing to wait and that the VIN might be snatched and given to a west coast delivery at the end of the quarter to bolster tesla deliveries? How long will I have to wait for delivery in NY after getting the VIN? Will my SA suddenly start to reply to messages instead of ignoring them? Asking for a friend....

• Funny
Reactions: PatrickTM
OK so no change in my EDD which is still sitting at 10/25-11/14 since the 18th. However things I've done to pass the time
1. Got the charging outlet installed
2. Ordered a 14-50 adapter
3. Ordered the dash/monitor/glass whatever you want to call it protector film, saw a deal on amazon late at night so grabbed it
4. Shopped around for mudflaps, thinking of getting the tesmanian as that seems to be a good option I see a lot of folks on these forums going with
5. Shopping around for floor mats and trunk mats, seems like the maxpider ones are mostly sold out / backorder everywhere. Thinking of getting the tesmanian trunk, and maxpider interior

Also I made a chart of my wait, because why not...the yellow is the last date on the EDD, not the front (trying to set realistic expectations), idea is when the green and yellow meet is when I should get it. Difference is the range between the EDD dates. The time from order is the high date of the EDD difference from my order date

View attachment 699913
Can you provide link for the screen protector that you ordered (no 3 in your list). thx