Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the Charlotte location yesterday since we were in town for something else and nearby. Talked to a very nice SA about my order. I asked her why it is taking so long and if there were any updates on when I could expect a VIN. She looked in her system for a while and said it still looks like I should expect to see delivery happen in the first half of September, but hard to say for sure. She was confident I'd have it by end of September at the latest.

She did say that apparently my combination is a very rare one - Blue/White/7 seat with tow. She said she only recalls one blue/white 7 seater delivered there since May, and that likely is why mine is taking so long. She confirmed they are built in batches which we all assume to be true. I don't know...I really have a hard time believing anything anyone tells me anymore. After 15 weeks of this I'm getting a little jaded 😁

The lot was fairly empty. A few new Model S which look really nice in person, and a few 3s and Ys, but that was pretty much it.

20210821_164527.jpg
20210821_164517.jpg
20210821_164548.jpg
20210821_164707.jpg
20210821_164743.jpg
20210821_164524.jpg

good morning VIN waiters. No movement on my may 31 order for Mt Kisco EDD from 9/6 - 9/26. MSM LR 5 Black.

I have 3 browsers (1 in incognito mode in case Tesla has a cache problem …. Yeah, punny) that I refresh in case my VIN drops.

so today, hurricane henri is pounding the northeast. Do you think that’s yet another reason my VIN is held up?

OK so no change in my EDD which is still sitting at 10/25-11/14 since the 18th. However things I've done to pass the time
1. Got the charging outlet installed
2. Ordered a 14-50 adapter
3. Ordered the dash/monitor/glass whatever you want to call it protector film, saw a deal on amazon late at night so grabbed it
4. Shopped around for mudflaps, thinking of getting the tesmanian as that seems to be a good option I see a lot of folks on these forums going with
5. Shopping around for floor mats and trunk mats, seems like the maxpider ones are mostly sold out / backorder everywhere. Thinking of getting the tesmanian trunk, and maxpider interior

Also I made a chart of my wait, because why not...the yellow is the last date on the EDD, not the front (trying to set realistic expectations), idea is when the green and yellow meet is when I should get it. Difference is the range between the EDD dates. The time from order is the high date of the EDD difference from my order date

teslachart_20210822.png

OK so no change in my EDD which is still sitting at 10/25-11/14 since the 18th. However things I've done to pass the time
1. Got the charging outlet installed
2. Ordered a 14-50 adapter
3. Ordered the dash/monitor/glass whatever you want to call it protector film, saw a deal on amazon late at night so grabbed it
4. Shopped around for mudflaps, thinking of getting the tesmanian as that seems to be a good option I see a lot of folks on these forums going with
5. Shopping around for floor mats and trunk mats, seems like the maxpider ones are mostly sold out / backorder everywhere. Thinking of getting the tesmanian trunk, and maxpider interior

Also I made a chart of my wait, because why not...the yellow is the last date on the EDD, not the front (trying to set realistic expectations), idea is when the green and yellow meet is when I should get it. Difference is the range between the EDD dates. The time from order is the high date of the EDD difference from my order date

View attachment 699913
My EDD before VIN was at 8/28-9/10 for 3 days fwiw

Reactions: TESRP and DaveGT
Well folks, was really hoping to wake up to a VIN this morning. Woke up to an October EDD instead 😳. Really hoping this is just a glitch like sometimes happens on Sunday. Day 93.
I feel like most folks who had a EDD coming up soon, and then rando switched to a "month" were ultimately switched back to a very soon EDD and many times a VIN, I'm sure it will reset tomorrow. (I only say that based on what has happened to others on this board)

It looks as if June orders are starting to get VINs en masse. I placed my original order (for a demo car) in June but due to travel, placed my account on hold until July. Does anyone know if Tesla considers my order date to be the original order date of June, or the date I removed the hold in July?

Reactions: TESRP
I feel like most folks who had a EDD coming up soon, and then rando switched to a "month" were ultimately switched back to a very soon EDD and many times a VIN, I'm sure it will reset tomorrow. (I only say that based on what has happened to others on this board)
Hone you’re right. I can’t decide if its a good sign or a bad sign that everyone else’s didn’t also switch to October like 2 weeks ago during “October-gate”

Reactions: PatrickTM
It looks as if June orders are starting to get VINs en masse. I placed my original order (for a demo car) in June but due to travel, placed my account on hold until July. Does anyone know if Tesla considers my order date to be the original order date of June, or the date I removed the hold in July?
Not sure how exactly Tesla prioritizes but based on the history of the forum, you will probably be ahead of the regular July orders.