Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll avoid the melodrama, as it’s a bittersweet moment for me to formally leave the Forum. I picked up the MY yesterday and it’s more than I could have hoped for.

My Forum ghost, however, will look o’er y’all and send messages from beyond the EDD grave from time to time.

As I am known to possess strong thoughts and feelings, I give to you a few initial reflections thus far:

DELIVERY: Delivery process was quick and painless and took about an hour, only because of my checklist. Busy day at the SC in Ottawa. Another couple we’re picking up their MY and it looked just like mine. If I didn’t want to look it over there, probably 15-20 minutes just to sign paperwork, sync the phone, and go through features and such. There was also a transport truck that pulled up with two Teslas and 6 or 7 ICE vehicles (Tesla here in Nepean is next to two other ICE dealers, I guess the logistics made sense to bring cars for all of them at the same time). There were a lot of Teslas on site, more than I had ever seen in previous visits.

AU REVOIR: I said goodbye to my 2015 Chrysler 200 for the last time at trade-in. Cars are cars (though Elon says Teslas are semi-sentient beings or whatever) but transitions are always difficult. I paid that thing off years ago, and though we had a few challenges together, it got me places and didn’t complain much. I won’t miss synthetic oil changes. But I’ll generally miss something I’ve had for the last 7 years. Gawd, if I feel even a twinge of guilt and/or sentimentality about a bunch of sheet metal and bolts, what’s going to happen when my kid goes off to University in 7 years? My wife cries during McDonalds commercials, so I’ll ask her how she deals with emotion.

FIT & FORM: Everything looked and felt well aligned, with the exception of the windshield being a bit misaligned with the roof glass roof on the passenger side. After taking it for a good drive (or four) yesterday, there wasn’t a noise issue. Rained a bit overnight and she held form. No seal issues.

FINISH: no paint issues, looks great actually, with the exception being three small swirl marks above the right door handle. They’re not beyond the clear coat so that’s an easy buff.

LIFE IN A NORTHERN TOWN (shoutout to the 80’s!): The MY came equipped with front flaps and the rear door PPF. Important for Canadian driving. Small bits of bubbling in the PPF but otherwise looks great and will do its job. Easy fix.

PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY: Adding this only because mine wasn’t working at first. I didn’t really care, but I will when trying to catch up on a few Netflix shows (or watching Tesla vids on YT) when supercharging. After browsing the TMC forum, I decided to try signing up for the monthly service to start when my trial expires. That fixed it. Or maybe it fixed itself and I’m just pretending I know what I’m doing.

FAUX PAS: My first blunder in the MY consisted of me putting my left signal on and accidentally flipping on the brights at the same time. Behind an ICE vehicle. At night. Let’s just imagine the conversation he was having with me in his head or toward his steering wheel. Whoopsies.

WIFI CONNECTIVITY: I live in a condo and park outside, right outside of my bedroom Windows. The MY wouldn’t pick up my wifi signal, so I ordered an extender for my Eero system and it arrives today. Probably. Ordered from Elon’s arch nemesis, J-Dawg Bezos, so I’m already a defector.

PICTURES: I’m not one to take pics of a car unless I’ve done something really cool to it. Even though it’s a Tesla, its just another Tesla…BUT…I’ve asked people to show theirs, so I feel obligated to show mine. That could go in far too many directions, so to avoid going completely off the rails, I’ll just post the car pics.

I took these when I first walked up to it.

If anyone has questions, happy to oblige!

FB4C18F6-B7C1-4433-B353-A2A483215985.jpeg
5635B21F-3E2C-4010-9A3E-3BE652D28D2E.jpeg

Suppose to pickup my MY tomorrow @11am from Mt. Kisco, NY; flying from Rochester, NY to NYC and taking a Lyft from there. Stupid Hurricane Henri is making me nervous they will cancel my flight so I booked an Amtrak as backup.

Nothing will stop me from picking up this car tomorrow, not even Mother Nature.

Okay, that will end my rant for today, happy Sunday everyone.

If they're making the MYP at Texas it would make sense they would prioritize and clear the P backlog before starting production there. If true everyone ordering Ps now are clogging the MYLR

Devils advocate.

This kind of makes no sense unless everyone STOPS ordering MYPs for a month or so all together, so they can transition to Texas. There are people who actually want Ps and are going to order them. There is no such thing as "clearing the P backlog" while still accepting orders for them. Right?

Congrats! looks great.

Are you doing the ppf yourself or getting it done? If you're getting it done, would you mind letting me know where and how much?

I hope to get mine delivered next month and wanted full ppf as well. I was quoted $5K+ by a shop in Atlanta.
What you got quoted is a fair price. Make sure you ask installer to walk you through their process. Quality shop will make sure all edges are wrapped properly. Read their reviews and make sure you feel comfortable going with them.

I’m in Toronto, Canada and paying around 5K.

I’m in the same boat as several of y’all - I had no EDD for about a month, then December appeared, and the next day was replaced with October 11 - 31. It’s been stuck there for 2 weeks. Anyone with that EDD expecting to see it move into September for the EOQ push?

Reactions: TESRP
I just checked the MVPA...somehow it shows the remaining balance as downpayment...so do I not have to pay?? jkjk 🤩
View attachment 699882

What brand of mudflaps did you go with? I have about 4 that I’m looking at including Tesla’s and just going round and round trying to decide
i went with tesmanian. tesla only gives front mudflaps and heard they are long and might hit speed bumps and snap depends on how fast you are going. heard good reviews about tesmanian.