Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my VIN since 7/27, and the delivery window keeps moving from week to week as well (it has moved five times since 7/6). I tried calling the number provided in another forum (Tesla's main number), but they won't answer - they've recently changed their system algorithm to make you say what you're calling about and then trying to direct you to the website. I tried the chat function, and they can't say anything more than what is on your page (the EDD currently listed). They won't tell me where the car is. An associate at a local store told me two weeks ago that the car was already nearby in Burbank. My SA said that was incorrect and tried to get me to give up the name of the associate who said that (yes, because I'm going to get someone fired, sure), and told me the car is still at the factory despite telling me several weeks ago personally that I should have my car in the next week or so (he says that every time I contact him). They're vague on purpose, and none of the estimated numbers are accurate; at least not for me.

I'll be carless as of this week (because I arranged to sell my current car through Vroom; couldn't pass up on the really amazing offer for it), so I hope Tesla gets it together sooner or later.

Made it all the way to Mt. Kisco for my delivery only to find out that my car has a paint chip in the front bumper.

Unfortunately I have to take delivery as I have no way home to Rochester and don’t want to have to come all the way back.

They are telling me it will take up to 2 weeks to get the bumper into my local service center to have it out on which also screws up my plans for ceramic and PPF next week. Not to mention I’m nervous the paint won’t match my white exactly.

Such a happy day turned south. :(
Cmon!

I have had my VIN since 7/27, and the delivery window keeps moving from week to week as well (it has moved five times since 7/6). I tried calling the number provided in another forum (Tesla's main number), but they won't answer - they've recently changed their system algorithm to make you say what you're calling about and then trying to direct you to the website. I tried the chat function, and they can't say anything more than what is on your page (the EDD currently listed). They won't tell me where the car is. An associate at a local store told me two weeks ago that the car was already nearby in Burbank. My SA said that was incorrect and tried to get me to give up the name of the associate who said that (yes, because I'm going to get someone fired, sure), and told me the car is still at the factory despite telling me several weeks ago personally that I should have my car in the next week or so (he says that every time I contact him). They're vague on purpose, and none of the estimated numbers are accurate; at least not for me.

I'll be carless as of this week (because I arranged to sell my current car through Vroom; couldn't pass up on the really amazing offer for it), so I hope Tesla gets it together sooner or later.
I use the words "Track Vehicle" after selecting new vehicle delivery and it asks me for my Zip code - then directs me to an agent.

Really confused with this. My order that was placed earlier than both of yours gets pushed out and yours get pushed it… Makes no total sense. Im also in California.
There does not seem to be any clear rhyme or reason to it all. There are still May orders waiting while people who ordered 2 months later are getting VINs. Just keep the VINs coming!

Reactions: RSherm25 and TESRP

Wow, this is an interesting situation.

1. If your 1July order received a VIN within 26 days, well, that's insanely fast for an LR. Makes me wonder if it's the VIN to a rejected delivery or something that fell through.

2. If you've had your VIN for a nearly a month and still the SAs don't know where the car is, I'm afraid to say I think they've lost the car. Possibly reassigned/delivered to someone else, or stuff away in a random holding lot. My guess is that it's been reassigned to someone else because SAs should have the ability to ping the car if it's in transit. Southern California should not take a month to transit.

Are you sure it’s a vin 5JY or is it your RN#? If it’s a vin you need to call 510-249-3100 and press option 4… That’s the build center number and they always answer right away with no hold…

My house, with two Teslas would be about an 8-9 days without recharging from solar. Our plan is to use the walls during the way, grid at night while recharging the walls as well. Offset will be amazing. 42k system and grants, etc pay for all but 14k for us. It’s a no brainer seeing out electrician is about 500 a month during the summer.
What a weekend! Let’s recap.

Friday: Picked up a MYLR off of the inventory. It was quickly taken away as it was placed “by mistake”. Looking or a $250 refund now.

Saturday: Prepare for Henri to lose his mind on my town.

Sunday: Henri was a direct hit over Westerly, Rhode Island. Taylor Swift (my actual neighbor) and I hugged while kissing our butts goodbye. Not really. She wasn’t in town. Cool chick none the less. Hate her music though. Power was lost at 11am.

Monday: While power is still off, I called Tesla about our solar order. 34 panels and 3 power walls which have been “awaiting utilities” approval since March. Power comes back on around noon.

Ive been cursing Tesla since. Well, until 15 minutes ago when my MYP VIN hit. 259.

I forgive you Tesla.

Same date, I have to be close. Refreshing at an alarming rate now.

Reactions: MMurrayGA
I posted my conversation with an SA in Charlotte over the weekend a few pages back, and she confirmed I have one of the rarest combinations which is likely causing my delays.

But - I do wish Tesla would let you pick multiple options when ordering. I think it has been said on here before, but when ordering, I should be able to say this is my ideal build in my ideal pickup location. But I am also good with this color and these wheels, and am willing to pick up at these 3 locations. Whichever combination can be delivered first, I'll take it or if I decide not to, I'll pass and it can be assigned to the next person.
I have your exact MYLR build. Now I just ordered last week so not expecting a VIN anytime soon, but to hear that our combination of features is rare is a little bit of an area of concern in times of how long I will have to wait for a VIN and then delivery. Only thing going for me is I am in the Midwest so no transport to the East Coast is required.

Reactions: GoGators!